Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1095: Pantheon construction complete, train delivered!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Vonni » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:14 pm

I was watching a video of Finnegan's Flyer, and it seemed to me that it doesn't go as high as other screamin' swings. Is this the case, or am I just seeing it weird?

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:10 pm

What are the chances of this being open by late May/early June?
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby tndank » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:11 pm

Decent. Track is either done or just missing a couple pieces.

Postby prozach626 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:46 am

Haymaker wrote:If you go mid-week you most likely wont need QQ.

Unless you want to marathon Le Scoot, like everyone should. I'd pay whatever Busch Gardens wanted for that privilege.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Haymaker » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:27 am

prozach626 wrote:
Haymaker wrote:If you go mid-week you most likely wont need QQ.

Unless you want to marathon Le Scoot, like everyone should. I'd pay whatever Busch Gardens wanted for that privilege.

True. That and Roman Rapids were the only non-coaster waits we had, but it was also 97°. Waited about 15 min for RR and 1/2 hour for Le Scoot.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby rachelmadcow » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:01 pm

JJLehto wrote:What are the chances of this being open by late May/early June?

It’ll probably be open but the last new generation LSM built in America (Hagrid) haS been plagued with downtime. ALSO sandys bb (the follow up to hagrid) has been testing for an unusually long amount of time.

This ride has a switch track and spike like Hagrids so I’m Honestly expecting tons of downtime

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:35 pm

rachelmadcow wrote:It’ll probably be open but the last new generation LSM built in America (Hagrid) haS been plagued with downtime. ALSO sandys bb (the follow up to hagrid) has been testing for an unusually long amount of time.

Yes, but Hagrid's also has a double-digit number of trains on the circuit, key show elements that must be working at all times, onboard audio, a unique seating / restraint system, two separate freefall drop tracks, and...

Sandy's Blasting Bronco is nowhere near a follow-up to Hagrid's. It's another Intamin LSM coaster that's just like all the others, but also happens to have a turntable. For all we know, the delays could be coming from the park, and not Intamin.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby DILinator » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:02 am

I'm guessing there is almost no chance Pantheon is open by April, correct? I'm trying to decide where to take my kids for Spring Break, and thought about coming here, but only if it's open by then. I'm actually hoping Iron Gwazi is open by then, as I might go down there. But if neither is, SFOG, and Carowinds works just fine!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby hoppedup » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:34 pm

I bought platinum passes from BGW today, as that will be our next SEAS park.

I immediately got a suspicious activity warning from my credit card company. Thought it was funny since I've used the same card before for SEAS platinum passes, food and merch. Also the same card I use for CF and SF parks. :lol:

Now I have to go to Florida and Texas this year!
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

I Love Donkeys!

Postby rachelmadcow » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:47 am

A.J. wrote:
rachelmadcow wrote:It’ll probably be open but the last new generation LSM built in America (Hagrid) haS been plagued with downtime. ALSO sandys bb (the follow up to hagrid) has been testing for an unusually long amount of time.

Yes, but Hagrid's also has a double-digit number of trains on the circuit, key show elements that must be working at all times, onboard audio, a unique seating / restraint system, two separate freefall drop tracks, and...

Sandy's Blasting Bronco is nowhere near a follow-up to Hagrid's. It's another Intamin LSM coaster that's just like all the others, but also happens to have a turntable. For all we know, the delays could be coming from the park, and not Intamin.
people have reported the ride operating without onboard audio or themeinf being synced. Meaning universal will run the ride as soon as it can. So it wasn’t able to run if it was down. They’re not gonna make people wait in 10 hour lines because the unicorn doesn’t move. Drop tracks have been done before by intamin and so has multiple trains - I imagine this is why they were picked. Beyond that Sandys has a turntable with lsms on it which has never been done before - wildly complex piece of mechanics.

Of course it is. It’s the LSM built after hagrids. This LSM system was never used in the US until hagrids - I wanna say Red Force was the first to use the new LSM. Ultimately - like any complex intamin of new tech it will have issues.

I’m very excited about Pantheon. Don’t let my realism dissuade.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!