Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1095: Pantheon construction complete, train delivered!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:49 am

I think this ride could actually be a backwards launch, based only on the fact that the spike would be much more fun, and surprising if you were going backwards.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:02 am

Mike240SX wrote:I'm gonna laugh if this turns out to be nothing more than some alternate plans of Pantheon with an incorrect date on them.

My thoughts exactly. They're too similar.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:02 am

^I was thinking the same thing.

With that being said, I am a huge Intamin fanboy and would never complain if this coaster turns out to be true. Just trying to manage my expectations...
Steel: 197 / Wood: 33 / Total: 230
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

I Love Donkeys!

Postby rachelmadcow » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:33 pm

I was thinking that after the spike if there was another switch track. While traveling between the first and second launches. That sent you to the brakes (and a full circuit) - it would be crazy. So many direction changes.

The train should have the seats in split directions. 3 cars forward 3 backward

As is though - if it’s right - keeps BGW as a top worldwide park

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:56 pm

Initial thoughts: This is cool.

Wait, is this just an energy efficient new model of Superman (SFMM)/Tower of Terror (Dreamworld) Intamin Reverse Freefall coaster? :lmao:
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:22 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:
Mike240SX wrote:I'm gonna laugh if this turns out to be nothing more than some alternate plans of Pantheon with an incorrect date on them.

My thoughts exactly. They're too similar.

Remember when this same source leaked the original Pantheon specs and everyone on here said it was bullsh*t and then it turned out it was 100% on the money? Good times.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:28 pm

... and Tempesto

... and InvadR

... and the closure of DarkKastle

... and Finnegan's Flyer

This ride is coming.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Mike240SX » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:35 pm

Hey, all I said was that I'd laugh if that were the case, not discounting it all together.

After reading through the headache-inducing write ups on that other site, yeah I believe it's coming too. I'd still be extremely surprised if it was the 2021 attraction...just doesn't make sense to me to open major coasters in back to back years, but what do I know?
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:41 pm

It doesn't make sense, but nothing SEAS is doing right now does. Who are we to question it when it means making it rain with new coasters?

dolphindollas.gif

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:43 pm

Mike240SX wrote:I'd still be extremely surprised if it was the 2021 attraction...just doesn't make sense to me to open major coasters in back to back years, but what do I know?

It would be weird for any chain but Seaworld San Diego has opened 3 coasters in 3 years (with a 4th seemingly on the way near Wild Arctic next year), Busch Tampa has opened Tigris and Iron Gwazi in back-to-back years, SeaWorld San Antonio has opened 2 coasters in 3 years and in the "off" year they added 2 rides and a new animal exhibit and SeaWorld Orlando has filed permits for what seems to be another major coaster the year after they open Ice Breaker (and a year after adding a multi-million dollar record breaking rapids ride).

This is just what SEAS is doing now. I don't get it either but I'm not complaining. :lol:
Last edited by coasterbill on Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:44 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!