Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1085: A quick look at Pantheon construction!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:50 am

Thursday and Friday shouldn't be too bad.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:36 am

coasterbill wrote:Everyone knows that I'm skeptical of everything and always try to bring people down to earth but the track record of this source is impossible to ignore. It's pretty exciting stuff...

Yeah, I try to temper my enthusiasm for things that hint of speculation, but as you said, the track record of this source is impeccable! Hence, why I previously stated that it was very legit. I am definitely stoked to see what it is, and also am ecstatic about one of my favorite parks adding two major coasters in two years, to an already impressive lineup!

And to clarify my comment previously about the height, I was saying that they got permission for the highest point on the ride to be 355 feet, but acknowledging that it doesn't automatically mean whatever is going there is actually going to be 355 at its highest point. Sorry if it was confusing as stated earlier...

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:03 am

DILinator wrote:Yeah, I try to temper my enthusiasm for things that hint of speculation, but as you said, the track record of this source is impeccable! Hence, why I previously stated that it was very legit. I am definitely stoked to see what it is, and also am ecstatic about one of my favorite parks adding two major coasters in two years, to an already impressive lineup!

Personally, I think that it's a bit out of character for Busch Gardens Williamsburg of all places to have a 300+ foot tall coaster tower sticking up over the trees. I've still thought that even the heights of Alpengeist and Griffon are cutting it close.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Code94 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:02 am

Back when I worked at the park my crew and I were having a playful debate on tallest drop in the park, Apollo or Griffon... and a ride tech interrupted us saying, “In a couple years neither of those will be the tallest” or something like that. I guess he was hinting at whatever this will be.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:37 am

A 355 foot tall first hill that dives into the ravine for a 400 foot drop seems pretty marketable
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:32 am

A.J. wrote:
DILinator wrote:Yeah, I try to temper my enthusiasm for things that hint of speculation, but as you said, the track record of this source is impeccable! Hence, why I previously stated that it was very legit. I am definitely stoked to see what it is, and also am ecstatic about one of my favorite parks adding two major coasters in two years, to an already impressive lineup!

Personally, I think that it's a bit out of character for Busch Gardens Williamsburg of all places to have a 300+ foot tall coaster tower sticking up over the trees. I've still thought that even the heights of Alpengeist and Griffon are cutting it close.

I agree with this.

Believe me, any other day I’d be excited for a 300ft+ coaster, and I still will be when this thing is announced, but I’m not overly excited about the idea of a 300ft+ ride at BGW because it sounds out of place (especially when the rumors point to a Red-Force style ride).
Last edited by RollerManic on Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:16 am.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby SLCHeadache » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:58 am

I'm not exactly stoked for a Red Force type of coaster either. We already have Kingda Ka on the other side of the Mid-Atlantic. It's gotta be at least an Xcelerator type layout to be worth it.

The park will now be up to three years in a row of high-thrill attractions. I don't want to see them becoming a better-looking Great Adventure.
Top steel: Millennium Force / Steel Vengeance / Intimidator 305 / Maverick / Fury 325
Top wood: El Toro / Phoenix / GhostRider / Renegade / Flying Turns

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:01 pm

SLCHeadache wrote:I'm not exactly stoked for a Red Force type of coaster either. We already have Kingda Ka on the other side of the Mid-Atlantic. It's gotta be at least an Xcelerator type layout to be worth it.

The park will now be up to three years in a row of high-thrill attractions. I don't want to see them becoming a better-looking Great Adventure.

Counterpoint: I'm stoked for every single thing that you're not stoked about. All of that sounds amazing.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:04 pm

SLCHeadache wrote:The park will now be up to three years in a row of high-thrill attractions. I don't want to see them becoming a better-looking Great Adventure.

I just don't understand enthusiasts. A better looking Great Adventure sounds f*cking awesome.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby SLCHeadache » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:31 pm

I was more agreeing with A.J. and RollerManic's points that this thrill focus is out of character for BGW. SWP&E used to be the balance between CF/SF thrills and Disney/Universal theming.
Top steel: Millennium Force / Steel Vengeance / Intimidator 305 / Maverick / Fury 325
Top wood: El Toro / Phoenix / GhostRider / Renegade / Flying Turns

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!