Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1080: Pantheon track pieces begin to arrive at the park!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:54 am

So excited to watch this coaster grow!

coasterbill wrote:I wonder if the new track has been swarmed by wasps yet...

With how in touch they are with animals of all sorts I'm surprised they haven't treated Griffon with some sort of repellent this time each year. That has to exist right? And they're wasps. Wasps bad, bees good.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:59 am

Brand new, fresh gold Intamin track really is a nice sight to see.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby chschris1 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:03 am

I am really excited for this coaster too! Not gonna lie though I kinda miss the old Intamin track.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby chschris1 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:07 am

Edit: Double Post

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:11 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:

With how in touch they are with animals of all sorts I'm surprised they haven't treated Griffon with some sort of repellent this time each year. That has to exist right? And they're wasps. Wasps bad, bees good.

We missed Griffon by like two trains on Sunday. Probably around noon we went to ride it, were @ the ride plaza taking photos of it/putting our crap in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo when the ride went down for the day due to the wasps. We ran over to Alpengeist and then Apollo as Bill read online its a problem on those too. We made it on both but were literally rolling through a swarm of wasps at the top of each lift. Apollo was much worse than Alpengeist but still terrifying in both instances. I can't imagine the slow roll around the top and then being held there on Griffon with that many wasps flying around.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Coastard69 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:27 pm

boldikus wrote:I can't imagine the slow roll around the top and then being held there on Griffon with that many wasps flying around.

This is why Six Flags doesn't own dive coasters :lmao:
Your Favorite Coaster Sucks
Available on Spotify, Stitcher, Soundcloud and Apple Podcasts
440 Coasters - a few of them are good

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Masquerade » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:02 pm

This will never not be funny

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby FocalRanger » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:52 am

When I went for Howl O Scream back in 2017 I encountered the wasps on Mach Tower but that was it. That's insane it has become such an issue. If anything it definitely added to the thrill of the ride that day! :lmao:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Haymaker » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:24 pm

Project 2021: 355 ft giga?

https://wydaily.com/local-news/2019/08/07/supposed-leaked-documents-give-insight-into-busch-gardens-possible-plans-for-355-foot-attraction/

Documents obtained by a fan group of Busch Gardens Williamsburg indicate there could be another roller coaster — possibly a giga coaster — on the way in 2021.

A group of coaster enthusiasts who, in the past, have predicted other rides based on documentary evidence, believe the leaked documents to be authentic.

A Busch Gardens spokeswoman said the park would not comment on its procedures on how to handle confidential information, including whether the park tries to find the source of the leak.

A request for confirmation on whether the documents are authentic was not immediately returned Wednesday.

The fan group has not published the documents themselves, but instead released an article with recreations of the plans.

The group believes Project 2021, which obtained a 355-foot height waiver in June from the James City County Board of Supervisors, will be a roller coaster that uses the former station building for coaster Drachen Fire.

Drachen Fire was shut down in 1998 and later disassembled.

“… we’ve seen something that strikes us as legitimately extraordinary,” the group administrator wrote in the article.

In the article, the administrator wrote the document would be the best fake “the industry has ever seen,” if it turns out to be a sham.

If the ride is a coaster, it could be an “absolutely monstrous giga coaster” because of its 355-foot height waiver. The documents show trains will have four cars each in a two-by-two formation, according to the group.

Busch Gardens officials have previously said the coaster will be spirelike at the top and be about 10 feet wide at its highest point.

“Putting all of this information together, assuming this document is to be believed, it seems that we could be looking at a speed-focused, launched giga coaster of some sort debuting in Busch Gardens Williamsburg’s Festhaus Park area sometime in or around 2021,”

They closed the article by imploring readers to remember park plans and rides can change during development.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:35 pm

A giga so soon after Pantheon? I will be believe it when we see it but this is Seaworld after all and their investments have been crazy lately (and I absolutely love it).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!