Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1080: Pantheon track pieces begin to arrive at the park!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby chschris1 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:36 pm

I am definitely looking forward to this new addition! Busch is going to have a great lineup with this addition.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby TurnOfTheCentury » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:12 am

Pantheon looks great to me. The layout looks excellent, with lots of cool elements. Intamin continues to evolve and do cool stuff like this (and what they are putting in at Park Asterix and Walabi look nuts).

Now, APPARENTLY on the rumor mill, BGW may have purchased a two-coaster package from Intamin and there may be ANOTHER Intamin coaster going in in 2021 -- they just obtained a ~355ft (forget exact number) FAA height waiver and the distance between the soil bearing tests suggest a coaster, not a tower ride, with work to begin in January 2020. Will use the Drachen Fire station, and possibly a Redforce-like ride with additional things after the launch? Would be unusual for BGW to do back to back major coasters like this, tho, especially two launchers ..... but who knows?

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:48 am

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I'm not sure I like the idea of a 300+ foot monster of a coaster dominating the park's skyline. Every time they add a new coaster, the park seems to become less "pretty", but maybe that's just my changing tastes.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:53 am

The only coaster in the park that I find ugly is Griffon, though I think I have more of an issue with the ride area than the ride itself. It could benefit tremendously from some trees.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:46 am

Griffon is one of the most beautiful coasters at BGW in my opinion, but I never saw the France section before it was built. The first thing that took me by surprise when I visited BGW was seeing Griffon from Scotland and how much it dominates it’s plot of land.

InvadR is the only coaster that I think needs more trees. I was underwhelmed by how few trees BGW put back and I’ve never been fan of how much of it you can see from Alpengeist’s bridge.

Count me as one who’s not crazy about a 355 ft anything at BGW ... the idea of it feels out of place.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:54 am

RollerManic wrote:Griffon is one of the most beautiful coasters at BGW in my opinion, but I never saw the France section before it was built. The first thing that took me by surprise when I visited BGW was seeing Griffon from Scotland and how much it dominates it’s plot of land.

InvadR is the only coaster that I think needs more trees. I was underwhelmed by how few trees BGW put back and I’ve never been fan of how much of it you can see from Alpengeist’s bridge.

100% agreed, Griffon is crazy photogenic and it fits into the area beautifully. InvadR, on the other hand, seems to be the sore thumb in BGW's otherwise amazing theming. The bridge coming in from New France is the best example of this; not only can you see InvadR's placement in the barren wasteland that is the train depot, but Le Scoot is perfectly visible and it seems to be above the ride, which just looks awkward IMO. Not a knock to the park at all, but that significant part of the park has always been weird to me. :?r
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby chschris1 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:29 am

I think the whole "New France" section is a bit bizarre as well. As for Griffon I am with the others who think it looks fantastic where it is. I do however think Alpengeist has the best placement as it has a lot of hidden areas you can't see from walking around the park. With all that said this is still one of my favorite parks.

I think Busch knows what they are doing and hey if they get a 300ft+ coaster I don't think it will stop people from coming. I know I will be there day one!

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby TurnOfTheCentury » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:47 am

I love how pretty BGW is.
I think Griffon looks great there.
I haven't been and seen Invadr yet

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:28 pm

BGW posted a new render of Pantheon on Instagram. It looks beautiful

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2PENuWhfP8/

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:56 pm

Bring on the Intamin! This is still the best-looking 2020 coaster in my opinion. Or at least this and RMC Gwazi.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!