Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1080: Pantheon track pieces begin to arrive at the park!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Intamin_coyote » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:32 am

1) This looks amazing.

2) Now, I'd HATE to continue the pointless banter of Intamins launched history spoken above :lol: but if were really to set the record straight - Xcelerator was the first hydraulic launcher by them. With the Superman and Tower of Terror rides (1997) being their first launched in general (LSM)

3) This looks amazing. Love the theme too...

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:04 pm

So you detail-oriented folks out there...
How similar is this to Soarin' with Dragon?
They look mighty close.

Edit to add:
Ah-- I see that Pantheon has a top hat and no non-inverting loop

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:48 pm

Looks really cool! Man I need to get out here sometime.

Postby DILinator » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:55 pm

I am super excited about Pantheon, and cannot wait to get back out to BGW to check it out with my kids! BGW is easily one of my 5 favorite parks, and I haven't been there in 17 years, 18 by next season! It was so good back then, and has only gotten better, so I am absolutely stoked for finally getting back out there, and it will be my #1 priority trip, alongside taking to the kids to their first Holiwood Nights, and our regular visit to Kings Island!

My only question, for those who have delved further into the leaked details than I, is how accurate the POV layout that is commonly floating around out there (the one with blue track and whitish-grey supports), is to what we can tell from what the park announced today. The lack of a POV with the announcement was a little surprising, but I wondered if the leaked layout was so spot on that they didn't feel a pressure to release an official one of their own yet. Specifically, I'm wondering if the two inversions (not their existence, which IS confirmed), and what they are, have been confirmed by this park announcement. That stall element is really awesome looking, and I hope it's on the actual coaster!

Not sure if this'll be the best 2020 coaster or not, since their sister park may very well get that honor with RMC Gwazi, but it's likely the best new coaster I'll be able to ride next year (my next Florida trip is 2021), so I'm super pumped! KIGA (my pet name for it until we are told otherwise!) is sure to be awesome, and whatever Holiday World is doing will be amazing as well, I'm sure! But Pantheon is definitely in the - wait for it - pantheon of 2020 coaster additions, and will be very much in contention for best new coaster of the year, I'm sure! Well done once again, BGW! To echo Bill's sentiments, I love this park (and the SEAS parks in general!)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:46 pm

coasterbill wrote:
Haymaker wrote:
Mike240SX wrote:
thrillseeker4552 wrote:The US is finally getting a kicka$$ Intamin launched coaster? INTAMIN?!

Finally?

Maverick
Storm Runner
Xcelerator
Cheetah Hunt
Dragster
Kingda Ka
Volcano (RIP)
Wave Breaker
Technically any of the impulse clones.

That said, yes this looks awesome and may finally get me back to that park; my last visit was the year they removed BBW.

You forgot Top Thrill Dragster... ya know, the first launched Intamin

A) Who cares?

B) No he didn't. :lol:

Not to beat a dead horse, but what I meant to say was "the US is finally getting a major Intamin coaster in recent years, since the last major one built in the states was Skyrush 7 years ago, and the last major *launched* coaster from them built here was Cheetah Hunt 8 years ago."

TLDR; it has been a longa$$ time since we've seen a major Intamin coaster of this caliber come to the states and I am very excited.

But I digress. This ride looks awesome. I've never been to BGW, and this coaster makes the park even MORE on my radar than it already was.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Haymaker » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:22 am

^ Hagrid's

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:48 am

This looks to be absolutely fantastic and yet another amazing addition to an already stacked lineup. Can't wait to check it out next season!
That coaster dad [336] and that coaster kiddo [216]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:00 am

This looks amazing! Love the name as well. Looks like I'll have to be getting a FUN Pass next year so I can go ride this and RMC Gwazi. 2020 is looking to be a stellar year for new coasters in the Midwest/East Coast! :br
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby prozach626 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:59 am

pryonisys wrote:Lots of complaining about the live feed around the internet, but whatever.

Coaster enthusiasts will ALWAYS single out at least one thing to cry about. I suppose this is the best case scenario. Maybe there will be less people upset that it's not a RMC creation.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby DrachenfireOP » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:09 am

Ok, now THIS is going to be awesome! It's really stacked Festa as the best parts of the park now too! Plus, having AC, Tempesto, and Pantheon so close should help diffuse the crowds and make wait times all around slightly shorter! I also LOVE that it goes down to the Rhine River, adding to the collection of coasters that do so! I well timed train ride could potentially give you FIVE coaster trains syncing up at once!!! That's nuts!!!

I will be interested to see how the entry pavilion interacts with the service road. The leaked plans made that area a little dubious, but I'm positive Busch will have something great up their sleeves in that regards. They always do!

The only potentially negative question I have (which I'm certain was addressed and being accommodated for) is the grazing pastures for the Clydesdale in that area. It was nice having a quiet, non-lit area for them to enjoy some R&R where the guests could still see, but also they weren't disturbed. Anyone know if they're marking out a new grazing area for them elsewhere in the park?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!