Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1080: Pantheon track pieces begin to arrive at the park!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:24 am

Haymaker wrote:
Mike240SX wrote:
thrillseeker4552 wrote:The US is finally getting a kicka$$ Intamin launched coaster? INTAMIN?!

Finally?

Maverick
Storm Runner
Xcelerator
Cheetah Hunt
Dragster
Kingda Ka
Volcano (RIP)
Wave Breaker
Technically any of the impulse clones.

That said, yes this looks awesome and may finally get me back to that park; my last visit was the year they removed BBW.

You forgot Top Thrill Dragster... ya know, the first launched Intamin

A) Who cares?

B) No he didn't. :lol:

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:26 am

coasterbill wrote:
Haymaker wrote:
Mike240SX wrote:
thrillseeker4552 wrote:The US is finally getting a kicka$$ Intamin launched coaster? INTAMIN?!

Finally?

Maverick
Storm Runner
Xcelerator
Cheetah Hunt
Dragster
Kingda Ka
Volcano (RIP)
Wave Breaker

That said, yes this looks awesome and may finally get me back to that park; my last visit was the year they removed BBW.

A) Who cares?

I think it's a sh*tpost because TTD was not the first, it was Xcelerator. Or maybe it was just an attempt at a weird coaster nerd flex. :|
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:27 am

I don't know. :lol:

Anyway, this Busch Gardens coaster looks fantastic. It's hard to believe that this park can get any better but they keep on doing it. I love them.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:30 am

There were a lot of large-scale Intamins built between 99-2012 (the three Superman megas, the various impulses, Millennium, California Screamin', Xcelerator, Dragster, Storm Runner, Kingda Ka, Toro, Maverick, Fahrenheit, I305, Cheetah Hunt) and then we had a bit of a drought after Skyrush, at least in comparison to the years prior. The only large(r) scale Intamins in the US since 2012 have been Gringotts, Hagrid and Wave Breaker. It's really nice to see them back in the game with something like this (and whatever is happening with Universal, Seaworld, and I'm hearing Holiday World too?).

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby heatherrrrz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:38 am

Was looking into visiting maybe next month after not having been since I was a teen in 2005, but maybe i'll push it off till next year when this is open

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Haymaker » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:45 am

coasterbill wrote:
Haymaker wrote:
Mike240SX wrote:

Finally?

Maverick
Storm Runner
Xcelerator
Cheetah Hunt
Dragster
Kingda Ka
Volcano (RIP)
Wave Breaker

A) Who cares?

Well shit, I am getting old

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby bluestreak » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:37 am

Looks like I'll be back at BGW next season. Looks awesome!
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:43 am

Busch Gardens didn't need to add anything for me to return and this has a great chance of being the park's best ride (I do love Apollo more than most).
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:25 am

boldikus wrote:There were a lot of large-scale Intamins built between 99-2012 (the three Superman megas, the various impulses, Millennium, California Screamin', Xcelerator, Dragster, Storm Runner, Kingda Ka, Toro, Maverick, Fahrenheit, I305, Cheetah Hunt) and then we had a bit of a drought after Skyrush, at least in comparison to the years prior. The only large(r) scale Intamins in the US since 2012 have been Gringotts, Hagrid and Wave Breaker. It's really nice to see them back in the game with something like this (and whatever is happening with Universal, Seaworld, and I'm hearing Holiday World too?).

USO is definitely getting an Intamin multi-launch (track is already on site) and it's presumably going to be on the level of this and/or Taron, but I believe the rumor was the SWO ride is supposed to be coming from Premier? Either company makes sense given Seaworld's recent involvement with both, but the scale of the Seaworld ride makes the Premier rumor more believable to me. Oddly enough, looking at this ride now and back to the rumored SWO layout, the SWO ride looks a lot like a scaled-down version of this.

But it does feel like SWO has added a considerable amount of the new multi-launchers that have come to the US in the last decade. I love how they're kind of stuck in this phase with all their parks:

tenor.gif

I really like the name (isn't that a rarity these days?), and I'm actually happy that the Madrid villa rumor doesn't seem to be coming true. That whole San Marco/Italy/Fiesta Italia area mushes together thematically as is (I didn't notice during my visit that they were supposed to be seperate themed areas) and I feel that adding a Spain section would have been too much going on without enough contrast. Extending the those sections instead is a nice welcome.

coasterbill wrote:It's hard to believe that this park can get any better but they keep on doing it. I love them.

I've come to believe "getting worse" isn't in their vocabulary.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:28 am

Well... they did remove DarKastle and open a VR fairy ride that one time, but otherwise yeah. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!