Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:24 pm

boldikus wrote:I'm always at a loss to figure out why enthusiasts care about something as trivial as a plot of land that once housed a former attraction now sitting empty. If it was a case of the park never adding anything after a removal I could completely understand, but... like this park adds stuff every year or so... How many coasters have they added since they ripped out that failure of an Arrow?

Was there something about the trees over there or what? I'm not really trying to be a dick - help me understand.

Honestly, it's not something I care THAT much about, and my post (complete with laughing face and winky faces) should be taken with an appropriate measure of exaggerated humor, as that's what I was saying it with. Obviously, it has had zero bearing on my life, and I almost never think about it.

But do I wish Drachen Fire had never been removed, as it was a very fun coaster? Yes. Do I wish it had been replaced with something similar there, in the 20+ years since its removal? Sure. BGW is an awesome park, that has put in plenty of awesome coasters since, but nothing that directly replaces Drachen Fire. So sure, why not? It's not like I am upset about it, but I certainly think it is something that would have been nice to have. Do I think they should still utilize that land for something in the future, assuming the locals allow it? Yeah, I think it's a fine expansion spot at some point, in spite of being a little out of the way. Believe me, as somebody who has actually ridden the ride, and gone "way back there", it wasn't that far off the beaten path or out of the way. No more than a number of places in other parks I've been to. The Bat at KI is probably twice as far off the closest midway that Drachen Fire was. Besides, you can always build up that area around it in tandem, and then it's more of a draw, and less out of the way.

But no, that specific area, or the trees around it, aren't the issue, and for me, it's as much a musing based on nostalgia for a fun coaster, and a great experience in my youth, that sadly has gone and will never be again. So while it brings a twinge of sadness, as the departure of all things that bring good memories do, it's not something has affected my life in any negative or lasting way, nor do I feel any serious lamentation or depression over its loss, and those comments I posted above were being said in a tongue in cheek, grandiose way! ;)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.The Voyage 6.Twisted Timbers 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby bachir » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:06 am

Sorry to report that the bacon pretzel across from Verbolten (that was mentioned on this forum) is no longer available. In fact the worker had no idea what I was talking about

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Haymaker » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:46 am

New email teaser
20190723_123723.jpg

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:32 pm

All aboard the hype train!!

BGW.png

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:14 pm

boldikus wrote:All aboard the hype train!!

BGW.png

Charles Wagor III likes this
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:35 pm

^ ....and 252 others, too! :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby pryonisys » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:22 am

In theory I should be making it to BGW in 2020 so I'm excited for this announcement. If it's like the leak from a few months ago it will be cool, but it will be fun to see what they do with theming and precise placement (not just someone's NoLimits2 rendering/interpenetration)
Lets be really honest though, I love this park so I'm sure I'll like whatever they put in.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:32 am

I am very pleased with the addition of a large intamin 45 minutes down 64 from where I sleep.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby pryonisys » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:34 am

CoasterAuditor wrote:I am very pleased with the addition of a large intamin 45 minutes down 64 from where I sleep.

Heck, I'm pleased with a new Intamin 8 hours and 45 minutes from where I am so long as I can make it there occasionally

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:12 am

pryonisys wrote:
CoasterAuditor wrote:I am very pleased with the addition of a large intamin 45 minutes down 64 from where I sleep.

Heck, I'm pleased with a new Intamin 8 hours and 45 minutes from where I am so long as I can make it there occasionally

I agree I am usually very pleased with the addition of a large coaster virtually anywhere. But the more proximate, the more pleased I am.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!