Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:55 am

Their website has always been a pain to deal with.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby bachir » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:51 am

bert425 wrote:
bachir wrote:Busch Gardens Williamsburg having a nightmare of a situation. Put a 4th of July ticket sale on-line and the site keeps crashing. Many cards were charged without order confirmations (me included). Two hour wait on the toll free line.

Not a good look at all.

know what IS a good look for them?

they updated the website:

A very nice manager called me back and I think my credit card is taken care of. The poor customer service staff took the brunt of this, as they had to staff up for the holiday in order to answer phones and call back angry customers. Its too bad, you would think the Order to Cash system of a major theme park would be better.

This will not deter from our trip as I have been looking forward to seeing BGW for quite some time. Question for the group - How difficult is it to park hop from the theme park the water park? I know its not walkable and I can't find a shuttle service between the two on the website. Thanks.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:13 am

There isn't a shuttle between Busch Gardens and Water Country--unless you stay at the Kingsmill Resort. It's about a five-minute drive. Just leave BG as though you're heading to Richmond. But instead of merging onto I-64, just stay in the lane and take the exit to Rt. 199, merge to the left, and follow the signs to WC's guest entrance (and do not turn in at the Marquis shopping center).

Some hotels offer shuttles to the two parks. You might check on that. But you're better off driving yourself.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby bachir » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:27 am

cfc wrote:There isn't a shuttle between Busch Gardens and Water Country--unless you stay at the Kingsmill Resort. It's about a five-minute drive. Just leave BG as though you're heading to Richmond. But instead of merging onto I-64, just stay in the lane and take the exit to Rt. 199, merge to the left, and follow the signs to WC's guest entrance (and do not turn in at the Marquis shopping center).

Some hotels offer shuttles to the two parks. You might check on that. But you're better off driving yourself.

Thanks. We are staying at the Marriott which is a BGW preferred hotel but there is no shuttle. I have been reading your responses in this thread and they are very helpful for planning. So thank you. Really looking forward to checking out that pub.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:48 pm

You're welcome. Water Country is a good park, and they just opened a water coaster this year. Aquazoid, Big Daddy Falls, Malibu Pipeline, and the Hubba Hubba Highway "fast" lazy river are fun, too.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Haymaker » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:29 pm

At the park today, whatever the new attraction is, theyve been piledriving all day. What appears to be a station skeleton is built too.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:41 pm

Gimme that Intamin!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby esvadj » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:02 pm

Haymaker wrote:At the park today, whatever the new attraction is, theyve been piledriving all day. What appears to be a station skeleton is built too.

How was the crowd in this heat? BG has lots of shade, but it has to be brutal.

Postby Haymaker » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:43 pm

esvadj wrote:
Haymaker wrote:At the park today, whatever the new attraction is, theyve been piledriving all day. What appears to be a station skeleton is built too.

How was the crowd in this heat? BG has lots of shade, but it has to be brutal.

Only thing weve had to wait for was Verbolten and Roman Rapids so far. Havent been to Griffon, Alpengheist or Invadr yet. Theres a few camp groups but overall crowd is light. Swamp ass is heavy.

Postby Haymaker » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:12 pm

All the coasters were 1 train waits or walk ons except Verbolten. That thing is painfully slow loading. Le Scoot and Roman Rapids were the other long waits.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!