Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1066: Finnegan's Flyer POV video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:46 pm

^ I was just typing that. . . I'll bet it's a tall Star Flyer, since BGW doesn't have anything like that.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu May 16, 2019 7:25 am

Here's a follow-up article from today's online Virginia Gazette.

Busch Gardens cans proposed Madrid attraction
Jack Jacobs

Busch Gardens has pulled the plug on the proposed Busch Gardens Madrid attraction.

Though Busch Gardens secured a height wavier for the Madrid attraction in August 2017, whatever plans were in the works for the project have been trashed, though it’s not clear why or when.

Suzy Cheely, the park’s senior leader for design and engineering, noted Madrid’s defunct status during a discussion about a height waiver for a different Busch Gardens project at a Board of Supervisors meeting Tuesday.

“The Madrid project never came to fruition. We instead have put in a request for a different project. The tallest that would be is 180 feet,” she said when a supervisor inquired about the project. “It’s actually a lot less than what it would have been had the Madrid project gone through.”

Cheely said the building and site plan approvals had been secured for that new project. She didn’t elaborate on what that project would be.

County planning director Paul Holt confirmed those documents were approved by the county, adding the planning department isn’t kept in the loop regarding the finer details of Busch Gardens’ projects and only knows enough to ensure their construction adheres to county policy. He didn’t immediately know on Wednesday when the approval happened, and Cheely didn’t mention a date either.

“They went with something else that was a little lower,” he said.

The Madrid height waiver application Busch Gardens submitted for the board’s approval requested permission to build an attraction of up to 315 feet from finished grade. Supervisors unanimously approved that request.

Structures taller than 60 feet need a waiver from the board to clear the way to construction.

Madrid was intended to be built near the Italy section of the park, and the attraction was described as a “lattice-type structure,” in a staff report.

“Lattice” is also how Cheely also described the “tall, slender structure” that requires the height wavier considered on Tuesday.

The board voted 4-1 to defer a decision on a new height wavier until June 11, owing to criticism of the project by Kingsmill residents, who said Busch Gardens hasn’t done enough to inform them of the project or study its impacts.

SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment LLC, which owns Busch Gardens, requested a height waiver for a project not to exceed 355 feet in height above finished grade, or 435 feet above sea level Tuesday. The attraction associated with the new height wavier would be located in the center of the park.

As might be expected with Busch Gardens, which keeps details of new attractions under wraps for competitive reasons, it’s unclear exactly what happened to Madrid.

Cheely didn’t offer any reason for why Madrid was nixed, or when that decision was made. Her comments appear to be the first time a Busch Gardens official has publicly noted Madrid’s status.

A Busch Gardens spokeswoman didn’t respond to further questions about Madrid on Wednesday.
Last edited by cfc on Thu May 16, 2019 7:27 am.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby masterdmc232 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:42 pm

Construction has started in festa Italia for the 2020 attraction.

And In other news Finnegan's flyer is only running one side and has been the past couple of days operators say that they have been having issues with air .
IMG_20190601_185624155.jpg

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby bluestreak » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:10 pm

^ Interesting, Skyhawk at CP was down to one side too.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:29 pm

I think Cedar Point is the only larger one I've seen running both sides in the past few years. But usually it seems like it's more due to attendance.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Canobie Lake Park & Six Flags New England- Goliath Only

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:51 pm

^Thorpe Park runs both sides of theirs.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:40 pm

SDC runs both sides regularly too, except on very slow days. I imagine most parks would use both sides when warranted. Otherwise why even have both?

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:51 am

They were running only one side of Finnegan's last Sunday, too. I'm inclined to think it's a technical issue of some kind.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby bachir » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:04 am

Busch Gardens Williamsburg having a nightmare of a situation. Put a 4th of July ticket sale on-line and the site keeps crashing. Many cards were charged without order confirmations (me included). Two hour wait on the toll free line.

Not a good look at all.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Haymaker » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:32 am

I got through for my parents online at about 1030 EST but it took two tries. Got my confirmation and vouchers, and then 15 min later got an email saying the names werent entered (they are though). Got through online earlier for myself in the afternoon without a problem.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!