Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:00 am

boldikus wrote:BUT the craft beer room in the back of the Festhaus is the place to be for the best beers

Lie. The last few times I went they didn't sell Coors Light or Yuengling in the Festhaus.

Thanks for the info on QQ. We've had it a couple times, but never when the park has sold out of them. And yes. Verbolten's loading always seems to be a shit show. It's like a 20 minute wait once you get into the station.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:35 am

prozach626 wrote:
boldikus wrote:BUT the craft beer room in the back of the Festhaus is the place to be for the best beers

Lie. The last few times I went they didn't sell Coors Light or Yuengling in the Festhaus.

dude.gif

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:27 am

I know you mentioned certain rides not on Qq, but just to be clear there is another more expensive tier of quick queue which does include unlimited Invadr, tempesto, and one ride Finnegan's once it opens.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:18 am

Oy, all this talk of beer. Let's not forget, they have wines, plenty of them. We generally, are wine drinkers, so it came as a nice surprise that there is a place in the France section that does wine tastings. And the bonus was, you could buy a bottle ( for as little as $20) have them uncork it and take it with you around the park. We found a nice table outside by the festy house with a view of a bunch of coasters, had lunch and wine. Perfection IMO. There were quite a few people that came up to us to ask where we got the wine.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Married a Canadian » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:36 am

Thanks for tips everyone. Very much looking forward to it...and we will follow the advice here. Beer selection looks awesome (love the Coors lite quip!).
I saw the QQ unlimited option, I think I shall wait and see till we get to the park (we are going on a weekday) as it sounds like we "should" be OK.

We are driving from Washington to Richmond, then to Williamsburg. On our first trip back in the day...I wasn't quite used to driving on the "wrong" side of the road, so part of the adventure was just getting there!! A lot more experience with that now!!!.....it takes me afew minutes to get used to being back on the "right" side of the road when I fly back to the UK each year!

Thanks again all, and if I have any other queries, this forum is always my first port of call.
Top Rides:
1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Twisted Timbers 4 Apollo's Chariot 5 Skyrush 6 Maverick 7 Iron Rattler 8 Leviathan (front row) 9 Phantom's Revenge 10 Millennium Force 11 Manta 12 Saw The ride 13 Mako

Postby bert425 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:58 am

^ don't miss the Rhine River cruise while there.. it's a nice 20 minute getaway (entrance is on the lake (on walkway between LNM (from front of park) & Carousel from German side).. . and offers some great views of Verbolten & Apollo from the boat.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby prozach626 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:13 pm

^I agree. The tour is really cool.

djcoastermark wrote:Oy, all this talk of beer. Let's not forget, they have wines, plenty of them. We generally, are wine drinkers, so it came as a nice surprise that there is a place in the France section that does wine tastings. And the bonus was, you could buy a bottle ( for as little as $20) have them uncork it and take it with you around the park. We found a nice table outside by the festy house with a view of a bunch of coasters, had lunch and wine. Perfection IMO. There were quite a few people that came up to us to ask where we got the wine.

I remember the first time we went they offered a wine tour package where you received a souvenir Busch Gardens glass. There were three or four wine stations to visit where you received a sample or two from each. Germany, France, Italy, and maybe one other. We had a good time with that and we still occasionally use the glasses.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:27 pm

boldikus wrote:^ We really need to go there one of these days. We always pass it on the way in, say we'll come back to check it out, and then never do because, well... Festhaus.

The selection at Grogan's isn't as extensive as the Brauhaus, but they improved it a few years ago. Grogan's is a nice place to relax, too (but it can get crowded at times).

Postby bert425 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:31 pm

cfc wrote:
boldikus wrote:^ We really need to go there one of these days. We always pass it on the way in, say we'll come back to check it out, and then never do because, well... Festhaus.

The selection at Grogan's isn't as extensive as the Brauhaus, but they improved it a few years ago. Grogan's is a nice place to relax, too (but it can get crowded at times).

the Cider options they had there were fantastic.

I'm not a big drinker, but I had a couple of the Ciders when there with TPR (and they were soooo good)
IMG_4753.JPG
pic Courtesy of Robb.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Married a Canadian » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:33 pm

don't miss the Rhine River cruise while there.. it's a nice 20 minute getaway (entrance is on the lake (on walkway between LNM (from front of park) & Carousel from German side).. . and offers some great views of Verbolten & Apollo from the boat.

Thanks for that tip Bert. Your advice for Kennywood last year was spot on, so we will definitely do this.
Give me a heads up if you are coming up to Wonderland anytime soon.
Top Rides:
1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Twisted Timbers 4 Apollo's Chariot 5 Skyrush 6 Maverick 7 Iron Rattler 8 Leviathan (front row) 9 Phantom's Revenge 10 Millennium Force 11 Manta 12 Saw The ride 13 Mako

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!