Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1052 - A night at Christmas Town
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:07 am

I've ridden a bunch of Screamin Swings of all sizes (CPs, Funspot, Compounce, Moreys, Dorneys) and they're all awesome.

We had a great day @ this park yesterday. God damn if that craft beer bar isn't the best park bar ever.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:20 am

ripleybl wrote:I was curious on when they will start construction on Finnegan's Flyer? Also, has anyone ever been on one of these smaller versions of this swing ride? I've only been on Skyhawk at CP and that thing is absolutely amazing! I know this is smaller and not as fast, but I am hoping it will be similar to Skyhawk. I think it swinging over the river will make this a very unique experience and add to it's intensity

There are construction walls up, and they've been clearing the ground on the left as you enter Ireland.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:27 am

They couldn't really start construction until yesterday afternoon so it's probably running behind schedule. Some a**hole named Balor or whatever stole the Heart of Eire so the whole Ireland section was basically in turmoil and they couldn't safely start construction because of everything that was going on with the dragons or whatever. Luckily we went over there yesterday and saved the day so they can start construction now. You're welcome.

PS: That ride is um... not good. :lol:

Oh, and yeah they've done a lot of land clearing. This ride is in an awesome spot. I can't wait.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:59 pm

^That is the opposite sentiment of the reaction I have seen on other (unnamed) pages. People seem to be upset about all the tree removal. Me on the other hand? S&S SCREAMING SWING IN VIRGINIA :lover: :lover: :lover: :lover: :lover: :lover: :lover: AT BUSCH GARDENS!!!!!!! :lover: :lover: :lover: :lover: :lover: :lover: :lover: :lover: :lover: Sure it sucks it's less "pretty" in that area but I mean were getting one of the most fun flats out there!
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Postby coasterbill » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:26 pm

There are times where tree removal really does bother me and I feel that it takes away from the atmosphere of the park but I honestly think this looks fine. People just like to complain.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:40 pm

Yeah tree removal isn't just like "okay" with me but I've long wanted a Screamin Swing in Virginia since I rode Barnstormer at Dollywood.
Knoebels > Everywhere

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Tree removal for no reason bothers me. This is a perfectly good reason to me. Screamin' swings are awesome.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Disney California Adventure & Disneyland

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby MartinU » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:14 am

ADVICE: I'm taking my first trip to BGW this Saturday! I'm really excited to visit this park after years of seeing pictures and new rides being added.

I expect the park to be busy, so lines are not a big issue. What are some suggestions for a first timer at BGW? Ride order? Shows that are a must see? Best haunts?

And yes, we do plan to make it a full day, opening to close. Thanks everyone!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:29 am

^Be advised the forecast for this weekend is awful.
Knoebels > Everywhere

118 Coasters
16 Parks

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:37 am

If you get there before opening, you should be able to get in all the coasters before noon. It might be best to get InvadR out of the way first, as it'll have a long line by noon. Tempesto is low capacity, too. (Plus, there's always Quick Queue).

Here's the order of the shows based on quality: Monster Stomp, Fiends, and Night Beats Revamped. (None of them are really "bad," though--Night Beats in the Festhaus is the most "family friendly.") Howl to Coexist (wolf show) is worth seeing, too.

The best of the haunts are Vault XX, Demented Dimensions, and Dystopia. Line will be long for the mazes early in the evening, but there's always Quick Queue (highly recommended for a Howl-o-Scream weekend night).

Crappy weather might keep the crowds down on Saturday.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!