Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1052 - A night at Christmas Town
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:52 am

LiftThrill wrote:If coming to an e-stop on the midcourse causes a concussion, then Boomerang brakes cause a f*cking skull fracture....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Bigger is not always better.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby yodelo » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:52 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning on going on September 8th and 9th. Does anyone know what crowds will be like that weekend? Also, which rides tend to get long lines? Thanks!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:10 am

Just rode Mach Tower to get a look at Pompeii’s roof. I couldn’t see any damage, but the ride is closed today (no shock there).

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:12 am

cfc wrote:Just rode Mach Tower to get a look at Pompeii’s roof. I couldn’t see any damage, but the ride is closed today (no shock there).

Thanks for the update Chuck! Hopefully damage isn't too bad and one of the Virginia Volcano themed rides can get open again! ;)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:42 am

We’ll see. They’re both Intamin rides. ;)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:48 am

cfc wrote:Just rode Mach Tower to get a look at Pompeii’s roof. I couldn’t see any damage, but the ride is closed today (no shock there).

I just once again want to point out HOW IMPORTANT it is to make sure a story is legit before posting it anywhere. I saw several reports last night quoting "Reddit" and "ParkFans" saying that the ride was on fire and it was destroyed. This is just like that time I was at Magic Kingdom where there was a small fire on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Twitter lit up with stories how the ride had "Burned to the ground" and I'm standing right in front of the ride tweeting photos "Guys, I'm standing RIGHT NEXT TO THE RIDE.... it's FINE!" but no one would believe me because they would rather be hung up in all the drama.

And look, I get it, it's way more exciting of a story to have the ride burned to the ground, but there is just NO EXCUSE for reporting or spreading "fake news" like this. It's another reason why I personally feel Reddit is a cesspool of the worst in humanity and why when there is a story, I ask questions or fact check before I go reporting anything as concrete.

If it doesn't come from a legit real source, which Reddit is NOT under any circumstance, don't report it unless you know for sure!

Thank you for your understanding.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:32 pm

Confirmed by park spokesman, Ron Vample.

https://www.localsyr.com/news/busch-gardens-ride-closed-indefinitely-following-fire/1315687913

Busch Gardens ride closed indefinitely following fire
Taylor O'Bier
July 22, 2018 07:01

WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (WAVY) - Busch Gardens Williamsburg's "Escape From Pompeii" water ride will be closed indefinitely after a fire on the ride's roof Saturday night.

Ron Vample, a spokesperson of the amusement park, says the ride was not operating at the time of the fire and there were no park guests in the area at the time.

James City County firefighters were able to put out the fire quickly, said Vample.

The ride will be closed Sunday, July 22 and there is currently no estimated time for it to reopen.

For further updates go to to WAVY.com
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:38 pm

^ I'm assuming it's money in the budget for this year they don't have in order to get it back open. That would be my guess.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:06 am

robbalvey wrote:

but no one would believe me because they would rather be hung up in all the drama.

Aside from any parks official social media page, I would believe you before anything else.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:37 am

robbalvey wrote:^ I'm assuming it's money in the budget for this year they don't have in order to get it back open. That would be my guess.

Could be. All they had was a sign at the entrance saying that the ride was closed "for the day" and apologizing for the inconvenience.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!