Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:35 pm

I actually considered buying a SW/BG Platinum Pass next year, because if it's valid for a year from the date of purchase, I am already planning on going to BGW for a couple days next year, and then BGT and SWO in the late winter, early Spring of 2021. Just need to do the math to make sure only 4 total days of visits is worth it. Id be buying 4, as well, so it's a significant expense!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.The Voyage 6.Twisted Timbers 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby palmerleeberry » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:06 am

Upon checking (and double checked) how much a Busch Gardens Platinum Pass would cost and compared it to how often I will be using this pass and to which park, I have considered this to be a big money saver in the long run in the 2020 season. I'm thinking about several trips to Busch Gardens Williamsburg during the summer, a trip or two to Water Country U.S.A., a visit to Busch Gardens Tampa, a visit to SeaWorld Orlando, and might even squeeze in a visit to Howl-a-Scream and Christmas Town. Moreover, free parking in the prefer lot, three free guest tickets and discounts in food, drink, and shopping - I'm more than willing to purchase that pass on my credit card. Lest I should forget to add - all those parks I'm planning to visit next season are putting in a new coaster that will cause you to drop your jaw and wet your pants in the excitement ( I know that Water Country U.S.A debuted their Cutback Water Coaster this year, but I didn't go there this year, so it will be new to me next year)!

As for me and Busch Gardens for this year, I've got one more visit planned for next year due to the Fun Card I purchased two months ago. If this year is the Prelude, then next year will be The Three Acts and the Encores.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby DavidB » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:08 pm

Has anyone purchased a Platinum Pass at Sea World San Antonio to use at the other parks and know of any drawbacks doing it that way? Right now a Platinum Membership at BGW is $354 and a platinum pass at Sea World San Antonio is 133. There has to be some drawback to getting the SWSA pass, right?

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:59 am

DavidB wrote:Has anyone purchased a Platinum Pass at Sea World San Antonio to use at the other parks and know of any drawbacks doing it that way? Right now a Platinum Membership at BGW is $354 and a platinum pass at Sea World San Antonio is 133. There has to be some drawback to getting the SWSA pass, right?

Since you live in Missouri, it really doesn't matter which park you purchase the Platinum at (I say this because some parks require that you don't live in another state that has a SW/BG park in it if you live there...so you're good). However, some of the park-specific benefits will only be available at the park purchased from. You still get admission, free general parking and discounts at all the parks. However things like free & discount tickets that come with the passes would only be available at the parks in the state you purchase from (for instance, if you purchase the pass from a Texas park you will get those parks specific benefits, or if from a Florida park, you would get all the benefits those 4 parks get, or if at BGW the benefits both of those parks get). In some cases, you may still get the preferred parking benefit, ride again & reserved seating for regular shows, but it's not included outside of your home state park any more (however, some people have stated they are still getting those sometimes when available). The parks often have random perks also (like a free Quick Queue for a new ride, Busch Gardens (or SeaWorld) bucks, free sample (or samples) during an event. These are park specific to the state your pass was bought from as well.

Seeing as you are looking to just save money to be able to go, the state/park-specific benefits may not even be an issue for you since you don't live near any of the parks anyway. You may need to go to SW San Antonio first before using it at the others (or you can contact the park to see if you can at another if you go there first). For the FL parks, they are active as soon as you purchase (since Oct 2018). I'm not sure about the others, but have seen people be able to use one purchased through Sesame Place at the FL parks first, but that was because SP wasn't open for the season yet.

Basically, if you're just looking to get into the parks with free parking and discounts on most things (food, merch, tours,upgrades), it's good for all 11 parks no matter where you purchase it from.
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby hoppedup » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:18 pm

DavidB wrote:Has anyone purchased a Platinum Pass at Sea World San Antonio to use at the other parks and know of any drawbacks doing it that way? Right now a Platinum Membership at BGW is $354 and a platinum pass at Sea World San Antonio is 133. There has to be some drawback to getting the SWSA pass, right?

I purchased my Platinum Pass from SWSA last year. You have to go to the home park to get your pass. Which was fine with me, as we turned it into a 6 day trip that included SFOT, SFFT, SWSA, and sightseeing. Admission and parking is enough for me at the other parks.

The tickets that were emailed to me said you had to be a resident of Texas to get a platinum pass from SWSA. This was never mentioned during the purchase process so I checked with Sea World and they said being a resident was not necessary.
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:44 pm

Sorry for being late to the party, I heard about the announcement but somehow didn't actually look into it!?

Pantheon looks great. A fast, multi launch coaster, with a beyond vertical drop, spike, what's not to love?
Also this will bring me here next year. Despite several NJ-FL/FL-NJ drives I never did bother to stop here because while it's a great park, the rides I've not yet done are Griffon, Verbolten, Tempesto, Invadr...all are fun I am sure but ya know, none blow me away/I havent done before so I never wanted to make the stop here. Went to KD instead. But I am stoked to ride this.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!