Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:59 pm

One thing's for sure - staged or otherwise, I think what they did with Mickey for the premiere of World of Color was really neat.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby pdcon » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:10 pm

Thats pretty Amazing.
TOP 5 COASTERS (5) EXPEDITION EVEREST DAK (4) RAIL BLAZER CGA (3) BIZZARO SFNE(2) IRON RATTLER SFFT (1) TWISTED COLLOSUS SFMM

Anyone remember the days when these were called Taglines?

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:11 pm

Details of the new driving experience at the Walt Disney World Speedway have been announced!

http://www.exoticdriving.com/

DRIVE YOUR DREAM! Imagine driving the world’s fastest and most exotic high performance cars on a real racetrack…no traffic…no stoplights…no law enforcement…just your dreams, your adrenaline and the wide-open asphalt.

Located at Walt Disney World® Speedway in Orlando, Florida, Exotic Driving Experience features supercars by Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi and Porsche.

Exotic Driving Experience gives YOU the opportunity to get behind the wheel of these supercars and make your dreams a reality.

Choose Your Exotic Car and Drive!

Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari F430
Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
Porsche 911 GT3 RS 997
Audi R8

Exotic Driving Experiences start at 6 laps around the 1-mile course with a professional driving instructor in the passenger seat providing coaching and feedback. Additional lap packages are available. View our lineup of exotic cars.

Ride with a Pro!

Get the adrenaline rush of a lifetime as one of our professional instructors takes you for a supercar Thrill Ride on The Exotics Course at Walt Disney World® Speedway...buckle up and hold on!

Walt Disney World® Speedway is a one mile, slightly banked tri-oval that has hosted both Indy Racing League and NASCAR Truck series events. Since 2000, it has been operated year-round, exclusively, by Richard Petty Driving Experience.

The Exotics Course at Walt Disney World® Speedway is a hybrid design which utilizes the tri-oval’s backstretch and turn two, before taking drivers into a newly designed interior section which includes a series of fast right and left hand turns inside of street-course style barriers.

This layout allows drivers to rapidly accelerate to high speeds while testing the deft handling and braking characteristics of some of the world’s most incredible super cars.

Ferrari
458 Italia
Drive for $389
“2011 Car of the Year” by the Robb Report

Ferrari
F430
Drive for $329
Every area of this car has been influenced by Formula 1

Lamborghini
Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
Drive for $339
Brings a whole new meaning to the term “super sportscar”

Lamborghini
Gallardo LP560-4
Drive for $299
Setting a higher standard for super sports cars

Porsche
911 GT3 RS 997
Drive for $199
The highest ever performing road legal Porsche 911

Audi
R8
Drive for $269
A true Supercar

Thrill Rides are given on a first come, first serve basis, schedule permitting. No reservations are required. Thrill Rides are offered every day, generally between 9am and 4pm, on The Exotics Course at Walt Disney World® Speedway in Orlando, Florida. We recommend calling 1.855.822.0149 to confirm dates and times before visiting.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-daily-disney/os-disney-fantasyland-first-phase-20111107,0,815207.story

The first phase of Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland expansion to open will be Storybook Circus, which will be available to theme-park guests in "early 2012," according to "Mickey's Monitor," a quarterly mail-out for Walt Disney World annual passholders.

Storybook Circus, under construction essentially on the grounds once known as Mickey's Toontown Fair, will be based on Disney's 1941 animated feature "Dumbo," with big-top circus tents leading to the relocated Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride. Eventually, the Fantasyland addition will have side-by-side dueling versions of the Dumbo attraction, connected by a new interactive queue, but the "Monitor" says the second of the two rides will be added in "the near future."

Other elements listed for Storybook Circus are a new water-play area featuring Casey Jr., the locomotive featured in the film, and the Great Goofini, a roller coaster previously known as the Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre farm. It's being retooled with a daredevil theme.

This first area to open is near the Mad Tea Party attraction and the border with Tomorrowland, within earshot of the Tomorrowland Speedway cars. The Fantasyland expansion eventually will include a dark ride called Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid; an area devoted to "Beauty and the Beast" with Be Our Guest restaurant, Gaston's Tavern and other elements; and an additional coaster known as the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. They are expected to open in phases over the next two years.

More details could be revealed when the Disney Park Blog holds a live chat with Chris Beatty of Walt Disney Imagineering at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 9. Click here to learn more about the live chat about Walt Disney World's Fantasyland expansion.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/11/sneak-peek-holiday-surprises-coming-to-the-magic-the-memories-and-you-at-magic-kingdom-park-and-disneyland-park/

This is my favorite time of year in the Disney Parks. The air is cool, holiday decorations are going up and all the fantastic, seasonal entertainment is ready to debut. And this year, our Creative Entertainment team has something new to unwrap!

Since its premiere last January, our projection show “The Magic, The Memories and You!” has been wowing guests. Each night the show is presented, the faces of Cinderella Castle at the Walt Disney World Resort and “it’s a small world” at the Disneyland Resort have been transformed with magical special effects, animation and images of our guests captured by Disney PhotoPass photographers during the day.

For the holiday season, we’re updating one of the segments of the show with a musical score filled with favorite holiday tunes and pictures of guests celebrating in the parks. Starting tomorrow in Magic Kingdom Park, Cinderella Castle will appear to be wrapped in gift paper and bows, covered in candy stripes and more!

These photos give you an idea of the fun in store. They’re of some of the actual mattes that will be projected on the surface of Cinderella Castle. “The Magic, The Memories and You!” art director, Tom Zofrea, created these images in such a way that, when projected from various points around the park’s Central Plaza, they produce the effect that the Castle is built from gingerbread.

At Disneyland park, the holiday segment of “The Magic, The Memories and You!” begins Nov. 18, turning the façade of “it’s a small world” Holiday into a giant snow globe and an icy winter wonderland, among other surprises. The attraction will even get its own gingerbread treatment. Looks delicious!
hsc110299LARGE.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:17 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby A.J. » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:41 pm

It's VERY cool that they're taking the projections to the next level by surrounding the castle with them.

I haven't seen the show in six months - as of now, Magic Memories and You has only been on the castle's front, right?
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:05 pm

^The image shows that these projections are still only on the front face of the castle. The two side images show the left and right sides of the front face as they would appear seamlessly blending into the middle projection. Same as the regular show, just different content.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby beatle11 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:31 pm

I'm adding the Ferrari 458 to my list of things to ride at Disney!

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:25 am

The cars sound cool. Not sure I would put out that kind of money for it though. It looks like they have built some kind of road course on the interior of the track to show off the cars handling ability.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby chasbron » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:48 am

Does anyone know on Space Mountain, in the queue, what do the light up signs say before the warp tunnel?
Thanks
Chas
huh?

Postby A.J. » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:55 am

First one says "All Systems Go" and the second one says "Initiate Energy Transfer".

Don't ask me why I remember that.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby chasbron » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Thank You soo much!!
huh?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!