Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I eat bugs.

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby deathbydinn » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:16 pm

Attractions Magazine uploaded a video showing the cars for the Seven Dwarf's Mine Train and how they will swing.

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:29 pm

LOVE IT! Those cars looks awesome... totally fit into the theme and are themed VERY well! Also this looks kinda fun... a bit gimmicky, but pretty fun looking overall! Very impressed actually... especially considering my expectations were relatively low for this for some reason. :mickey:
:derek: TPR's resident ent!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby xmichellex » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:56 pm

That looks pretty sweet! It will be a nice addition to the MK.

I love how they were testing it out in the back of the pick-up truck... that looked like it was fun.
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Top Thrill (CP), i305 (KD), Kumba (BGT), Cali. Screamin' (DCA)
Top 5 Wood: El Toro (SFGAdv), Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), Lightning Racer (Hershey), Beast (KI), Yankee Cannonball (Canobie Lake)
Total Credits: 141

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:37 am

Looks like the coaster has a pretty substantial layout as well. Gotta love getting a new coaster AND dark ride at the Magic Kingdom all in one package!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:30 am

This looks really cool. More of a mini Big Thunder which is totally awesome. I figured it would just be like a standard roller-skater with the new cars. But the amount of themeing on this looks impressive and will be a much needed addition to the park.

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:37 pm

The problem that I thought of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is Magic Kingdom would have 2 mine train coasters. After that video, it seems Disney did a lot to make it different from Big Thunder and I'm impressed.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Postby QueerRudie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:46 pm

Awesome. The vehicles remind me, vaguely, of the Katoomba Orphan Rocker (Never opened, presumed defunct by now) and it's high- pivot suspension cars. I'm glad to see Disney is investing in perfecting this technology- as I think it will be something smaller/mid-sized parks would be interested in for a thrilling coaster that can do so much more in the future.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby FilmoreISnAZN » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:38 pm

DisneyParks youtube channel posted a teaser video showing off a rendering of scenes from the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coaster! :br

Last edited by cfc on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:06 pm.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby buckaroo234 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:42 pm

QueerRudie wrote:Awesome. The vehicles remind me, vaguely, of the Katoomba Orphan Rocker (Never opened, presumed defunct by now) and it's high- pivot suspension cars. I'm glad to see Disney is investing in perfecting this technology- as I think it will be something smaller/mid-sized parks would be interested in for a thrilling coaster that can do so much more in the future.

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully this doesnt have the same problems "the bat" did with unbanked track.

We love you Monte, oh yes we do. We love you Monte, you know its true. When your not near us, were blueeeee. Oh Monte we love you!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby scottian » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi everyone! I can't find any "Hollywood Studios Discussion thread"s, so I came here.

Two questions about tower of terror;

Does it still run random drop sequences?

Is it true that the fifth dimension room has been diminished to a dark hallway?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!