Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Permanent Tourist

Re: NEWS: Enchanted Tiki Room to reopen in classic form

Postby Electerik » Wed May 18, 2011 8:17 am

Hooray! Under New Management's only good part was the first few seconds, when they played the old version, just to rub it in that you could have been enjoying yourself if you were watching the old show.

Then came the screeching.

Good news, indeed!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed May 18, 2011 8:33 am

^Exactly, those first few minutes were amazing, and then the stupid new birds come in and make fun of the old birds!?!? Screw that!

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Wed May 18, 2011 9:29 am

I'm just happy no(us parks) have tiki room featuring stitch. It's funny... love Gilbert Gottfried and love Rowen Atkinson but this show just did not work at all. Also I remeber it being very very short and stupid. I hadnt been on the disneyland one in a while, so I saw the show in comparison after visiting florida. It is a little outdated, but overall the show is great and the songs are very good as well, and I love the effects like the singing tiki gods as well as the fountain. However, I like the preshow in Florida cause it features the voice of Captain Zapp Brannigan from futurama... one of the best characters EVER!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Movieguy » Wed May 18, 2011 9:39 am

^ You know, that wasn't even Rowan Atkinson as Zazu in that show. It was Michael Gough.

Postby the ghost » Wed May 18, 2011 9:45 am

^ Really? Didn't even know that. Now I dislike it more than I did before.

The semi sad part is, conceptually if you think about Zazu and Iago in the show it totally seems like it should work. I mean, there reatively well known characters, and they're both somewhat tropical... but it didn't mesh at all somehow. I think maybe the show is suffering from a bad script kind of like Stitch Encounter... but Stitch is an entirely different level of hell then Under New Management... cause UNM didn't try to kill my shoulders for no apparent reason.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Wed May 18, 2011 9:46 am

the ghost wrote:I like the preshow in Florida cause it features the voice of Captain Zapp Brannigan from futurama... one of the best characters EVER!

Close, but not quite. You're thinking of Phil Hartman, who is in Under New Management, and was supposed to play Zapp, but died before any actual recording. So Billy West ended up playing Zapp (as well as Fry, Zoidberg, and the Professor), but is not in Under New Management, to my knowledge.

/Futurama nerd.

Postby the ghost » Wed May 18, 2011 9:49 am

LOL. I fail at voice acting apparently. But he sorta played Zapp(or would have) right? I mean, the voice was recognized by pretty much my entire group... and he sounded just like him.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Wed May 18, 2011 9:59 am

^ Well, yes, he was supposed to. An audition was done, but I've no idea if that recording survives. Presumably, Billy West's version of Zapp is similar, or perhaps even a tribute in some way to what Phil did. At the very least, it sounds like like they both did a "50% Captain Kirk, 50% actual William Shatner" sort of thing with it.

Fry's first name is "Philip" in tribute to Phil Hartman, by the way.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Movieguy » Wed May 18, 2011 10:12 am

Phil Hartman is one of those deceased actors I still REALLY miss to this day. Poor guy left us way too soon.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Yobflobadob » Wed May 18, 2011 10:25 am

In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki TIKI ROOM. In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki TIKI ROOM. That song is going to get stuck in my head once again. :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!