Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I pee in space

Re: Walt Disney World's Space Mountain to close for much of

Postby spacemtfan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:10 pm

I'm just happy that at least there's SOME music in WDW's Space Mountain...

BTW, I just found this video. It has the clearest audio out of the videos I've seen, check it out!
"Disney has a very strict dress code, which makes you wonder how Winnie the Pooh managed to slip by without wearing any pants."
--Stephen Colbert, on "The Colbert Report"

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:14 pm

^ Am I on hold, or flying through space?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:34 pm

I really like it! It's also difficult to judge hearing it out of context. Looking forward to riding it in November!

--Robb

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:38 pm

I'm totally digging it. I always thought WDW's Space Mountain was better than Disneyland's even without the music, now it's even better.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:51 pm

Yeah, I'm still anxious to ride it next week. Hopefully it'll sound better in person. And even if it doesn't, I'm still content with the fact that the layout wasn't touched. :)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:53 pm

^ Yeah, I mean, that's the real important thing we have to remember. They very well *could* have done a full rehab, ripped out that awesome layout, and given WDW the "Anaheim Treatment." Ick.

--Robb

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:20 am

I rode Space Mountain last night with the new audio and I have to say that I'm not a fan. The dome now sounds like a big techno mash up; there's just so much noise in there now.

I thought our Space Mountain was just fine the way it was, but whatever I still love the ride

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BigDipper 80 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:01 pm

I think that the new soundtrack is pretty nice! It has a good beat that you could dance to. Although it's not fully orchestrated (I do love a good orchestral piece), I think that this soundtrack will work very effectively with the ride without really adding too much of a 'plot', so to speak, as the Disneyland soundtrack seems to do. The 'tag' at the end that they borrowed from Disneyland at the end of the piece does a nice job at tying the ride back to the whole 'Space Mountain brand' (and the fact that that particular theme is played on the exit ramp!) while allowing the song (and the ride) to maintain it's uniqueness.But most importantly, it's simple and catchy, and really, that's all that it needs to be for people to enjoy it.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:10 pm

Judging from what I've been hearing about the new sound, it sounds like (no pun attended) the music is coming from speakers placed from around the track's layout and not from speakers inside the car. Now why couldn't Six Flags Magic Mountain have done that with their Terminator: Salvation ride?

:pillow: "I hate lying on the bed and being all alone. I need someone's head to lie upon me.

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Postby QueerRudie » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:30 pm

The more I see and read about Star Port 75's new audio, the more I wish that perhaps Star Port 77 would do something similar. Don't get me wrong- I consider DL to be my home park, and I'm looking forward to GG next month... but the audio on the trains is enough to cause a hemmorage due to the volume. If I want an ear-ache, I'll go find a Vekoma SLC.

The way it was announced out is, by FAR, the best thing I've seen in a long time from Disney as far as promotion of an attraction is concerned. Using the '1955 DL style poster and graphics' fits so well with the re-themed Star Port 75's theming. If there were any way to go back and 'plus' the existing Star Ports, I'd be first in line to do so- there is something timeless and historical about the way Disney did the revisions to the original that really does shield it from being 'outdated'.

Kudos to Disney for making sure that their famous Mountain doesn't go flat!

R.D.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!