Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 339: Splash Mountain Officially Being Rethemed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Satans Hockey » Wed May 27, 2020 8:57 am

Also from that article...

"McPhee mentioned that guests will also need to reserve their days at the park. More information regarding the reservation system will be forthcoming."

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Wed May 27, 2020 9:10 am

Oh sorry I missed that Satans Hockey, I will update my post now. Thanks for the correction.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed May 27, 2020 9:21 am

I'll take it!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed May 27, 2020 9:39 am

Yes, opening in mid-July is probably the most sensible thing they can do considering the circumstances.

It will be interesting to see who they decide to let into the parks during that time. They mentioned some possible soft-opening measures, but they did NOT mention anything about the resorts. It makes me think that they will be relying mainly on Florida residents / day trippers, and / or passholders for revenue in the short term.

There were some rumors rumbling around that they may not allow passholders to get in for free, effectively making each day a "hard ticket" event like After Hours. We'll certainly know soon!

EDIT: Scratch all of that above, they just made a written statement that resort hotels will be opening on the 11th / 15th too, and that they WILL be allowing passholders to make reservations. Very interesting!
Capture_wdw_1.PNG
Last edited by A.J. on Wed May 27, 2020 9:56 am.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed May 27, 2020 9:41 am

^ I imagine that last part would frustrate a lot of passholders, but if the crowds are limited to a level where lines are almost non-existent like an after hours event, I would happily pay extra for that.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Holiday World & Indiana Beach

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed May 27, 2020 9:45 am

^^And some DVC properties are opening before that starting in June.

Postby A.J. » Wed May 27, 2020 9:47 am

Another takeaway that I'm just reading about is that they will be halting new ticket sales and resort bookings, to allow existing tickets / bookings to get their reservations. Good on them, feels like a little dog treat for those who have been biting their nails week-to-week. I would assume that the people who got their stays cancelled / rescheduled are getting some relief from that too.

See here: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/05/plans-unveiled-for-the-phased-reopening-of-walt-disney-world-resort-theme-parks-resort-hotels-and-disney-stores/?CMP=|437908310351&keyword_id=kwd-340562299645|dc|wdw|437908310351|p|5238:3|&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7LHVtsHU6QIVGP_jBx11_At5EAAYASAAEgJy_PD_BwE&ef_id=Xsz8IgAAAGwKRQ9x:20200527165613:s

Because theme park capacity will be significantly limited as we welcome guests back to the magic, we will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that will require all guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. At this time, we are temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so we can focus on guests with existing tickets and reservations (Disney Vacation Club members can still make new reservations). Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold; we’ll be reaching out to these guests soon to provide additional details. We will resume new ticket sales and hotel reservations after that period of time. Theme park reservations will be limited due to attendance limitations and will be subject to availability. More details about this new reservation system will be available soon.
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Wed May 27, 2020 8:49 pm

I'll be interested in seeing how long all of this is in place for. I wasn't planning to go to WDW until sometime during Feb-Apr of 2021, but if they're still doing all this, I'll probably just pass on the Orlando area mega parks again (Disney, Universal.) My older kids love Fun Spot, Sea World, and Busch Gardens more anyway, and my youngest still has plenty of time to get to see the Magic Kingdom someday!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby thepoint4life23 » Thu May 28, 2020 5:49 am

DILinator wrote:I'll be interested in seeing how long all of this is in place for. I wasn't planning to go to WDW until sometime during Feb-Apr of 2021, but if they're still doing all this, I'll probably just pass on the Orlando area mega parks again (Disney, Universal.) My older kids love Fun Spot, Sea World, and Busch Gardens more anyway, and my youngest still has plenty of time to get to see the Magic Kingdom someday!

Can i ask what part of this would keep you away, and doesn't Sea World, and Busch Gardens have similar rules?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby A.J. » Thu May 28, 2020 6:43 pm

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/05/an-update-on-walt-disney-world-resort-reservations/

Now we have full confirmation of some policies that have been posted before, including a new one - no FastPass or Extra Magic Hours!

FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours: As a result of the COVID-19 impact, the FastPass+ service will be suspended for the time being as we plan to use additional queue space to manage capacity at our attractions and maintain physical distancing. We will automatically cancel existing FastPass+ selections and share any future updates on the service at a later date. Also, please note that upon reopening, Extra Magic Hours will be temporarily suspended.

This is pretty big but is probably a good idea considering the limited capacity of the parks.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!