Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 339: Splash Mountain Officially Being Rethemed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:41 pm

Haymaker wrote:FIX THE YETI

(wishful thinking)

Haha, awesome. This is their one chance, isn't it?

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Haymaker » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:00 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
Haymaker wrote:FIX THE YETI

(wishful thinking)

Haha, awesome. This is their one chance, isn't it?

You would think itd be due for an extended refurb at some point. There was talk of it in 2018. Its going on 14 years of near daily use so im surprised it hasnt happened already.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:44 am

I've always assumed it was the biggest attraction at Animal Kingdom and guests would be really upset if it were closed, so they were always afraid to close it just for an animatronic. But yeah, if it's gotta go down for track replacement, then the yeti should be part of that work. It's not like people don't notice the yeti. It's huge. It's HUGE!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:24 am

I'm not sure where this originated, but I thought it was worth a giggle and share here.
peter pan.jpg
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Six Flags Over Texas

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby thepoint4life23 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:53 am

I thought i heard that they just said the Yeti will never work!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby bigboy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:53 am

I've always heard that the Yeti fix is cost prohibitive unless they take the ride down for a planned, extended refurbishment. I would assume that right now wouldn't work for that given that no one knows how long (or short) this shutdown will last.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:18 am

^ That's my understanding too. It's like a car repair where they have to take apart most of your engine to get to that part, labour costs are very high, unless they're already doing something that requires the engine to be taken apart to that level.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby thepoint4life23 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:08 am

Now would be the time. This is just ramping up in Florida, and the beach have not been closed yet. I would say they will have more then 3 weeks till they open again
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:34 am

Looks like Disney is halting construction projects with groups of 10 or more. So if it takes 10 or more people to fix a yeti, the pipe dream is put on hold yet again.

Breaking: Walt Disney World shuts down all construction due to coronavirus

Burbank, California-based Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) has shuttered construction operations at Disney World as coronavirus continues to impact Central Florida's once booming building industry, according to the head of the region's top construction trade organization.

It wasn't immediately known if construction workers will be paid or when construction operations will resume, said Mark Wylie, president and CEO of the Central Florida chapter of Associated Builders & Contractors Inc.

Wylie expects other Central Florida construction sites to shut down, as well. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended March 16 that events of 10 or more people be canceled or postponed.

"They're going to be closing a lot of construction sites," Wylie said of the Central Florida region. "It's already having a terrific impact on the economy."

Disney wasn't immediately available for comment.

Walt Disney World, Comcast Corp.-owned (Nasdaq: CMCSA) Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando (NYSE: SEAS), Legoland Florida and Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex all announced closures of attractions starting March 16, with many staying closed through the end of the month and others not providing a date to reopen. Disney also halted its cruise line operations and announced plans to shutter its local hotels and shops. Universal also plans to close its hotels and shops.

That timeline would put the theme parks reopening sometime by mid-May. Executives with the theme parks were not available for comment.

Unfortunately, the CDC's recommendation most likely will impact the theme parks' plans, said Dennis Speigel, founder and CEO with International Theme Park Services, a Cincinnati-based theme park consulting firm. "The timeframe has risen exponentially, and we are still in uncharted water. Operators like Disney, Universal and Six Flags have no idea now. The short term was closing two to three weeks, but now it will be extended indefinitely," he told OBJ.

Meanwhile, on March 17, the city of Orlando announced that City Beautiful businesses — such as bars, nightclubs and restaurants — are prohibited from selling alcoholic beverages. This does not apply to stores where alcohol is sold. "Gathering in groups may put lives at risk," Mayor Buddy Dyer said.

This puts at risk a multitude of Disney projects ongoing right now, such as the transformation of Epcot that includes the new Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind coaster and the new Remy's ratatouille Adventure ride.

Also, this will hinder the work on the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser hotel that is slated to be ready by next year.

"Everything from feasibility to pricing, discounting and construction. This will halt the construction on these projects and delay everybody. What will the delays be — is it one to three months? We don’t know," said Dennis Speigel, founder and CEO with International Theme Parks Service Inc., Cincinnati-based theme park consulting firm.

However, it may not hinder less intensive projects like the Disney's plans to update the visual aesthetics of Cinderella Castle. The project would change the color scheme of the iconic structure.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2020/03/17/breaking-walt-disney-world-shuts-down-all.html
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Holiday World & Indiana Beach

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby bigboy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:39 am

thepoint4life23 wrote:Now would be the time. This is just ramping up in Florida, and the beach have not been closed yet. I would say they will have more then 3 weeks till they open again

I've been led to believe the Yeti fix is a "months" project, not weeks and, since it would likely involve a contractor, it's not an on-the-fly, do-it-just-because-we're closed kind of job like disinfecting the trains or pressure washing a sidewalk.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!