Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:29 pm

I predict that Robb is going to make his money back in candy by visit three! =)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:57 pm

We accidentally ended up on Space Mountain during Villains.... Holy crap!!!’ That ride has never been so intense to me, as it was this time in the pitch black dark!! Amazing!!
Bigger is not always better.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:39 am

^ I second this. Did it last year during Not So Scary and it was just pure chaos. I love it. :lmao:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:11 pm

New details about the new "Disney Genie" digital offering that will debut at the Walt Disney World Resort in 2020 were released today at the D23 Expo Disney Parks, Experiences and Products presentation!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/08/revolutionary-new-digital-offering-disney-genie-coming-to-walt-disney-world-resort/

dgb02394820934802984023948234fi.png

You ain’t never had a friend like this! Moments ago, at D23 Expo 2019, details were unveiled by Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Bob Chapek for “Disney Genie,” a revolutionary new digital offering set to debut in late 2020 that will enhance the way you plan for and experience a trip to Walt Disney World Resort. Joining other innovations like the MagicBand, Disney Genie is being designed to help you make the most out of your visit, whether you’re a first-time guest or a seasoned pro.

Disney Genie will make planning easier and more fun by providing customized itineraries geared to your interests, right at your fingertips – from a royal, princess-themed day at Magic Kingdom Park to a trip around the world at Epcot for foodies and even a perfect day for thrill seekers. Certain features of Disney Genie will also be available through your preferred travel professional.

Sometimes you may know exactly what you want to do, but may not know the best time or order in which to do it. You’ll be able to tell Disney Genie what you’d like to experience, and it will quickly evaluate millions of options to present you with an optimal day. And best of all, it’s flexible! If you change your mind for any reason, Disney Genie will re-optimize your day.

dgbg2394023948029348203423423.gif

Disney Genie can also send you real-time tips and updates, including recommendations for experiences it thinks you’ll love, helping you navigate the theme parks with added convenience and comfort. If you don’t want to worry about making reservations in multiple steps, Disney Genie will even take care of that for you.

This represents yet another way we are using creativity and innovation to connect guests with the stories and characters they love, and to help them make lasting, magical memories with the family and friends they cherish most. Over the past several years, Disney parks have become more seamless and enjoyable through other digital offerings, such as mobile food ordering, the Play Disney Parks app, online check-in and so much more.

For more details, be sure to stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog as development continues on Disney Genie!
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:21 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:53 pm

Have to say for my first experience doing a special event at Disney I thought Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween was really over crowded. The event was sold out but it just really seemed like wall to wall people in the walkways. I'm guessing because of some rides not being open as well. It just really seemed like they over sold the event. I don't know if the season pass for the Halloween parties made the parks crowded or what but it really felt like more of a normal really busy park day.

Ride wise I never saw dwarfs drop under 40 mins and space mountain was 30-40 mins all night. Haunted mansion was always around 30-40 and pirates was 15-35.

The special costumes, parades and shows were all really well done but I can't say I thought it was a good value for $140 to spend 8 hours in the park nor would I recommend it to anyone. Would be nice if the park stayed open until 2am considering the cost and that the party doesn't really start till 7pm. Or at least start the event at 6pm and end it at 1am.

I would have rather spent a full day in the park normally and worked my way through the day using fast pass and not waiting on lines.

It's a shame because I've always heard amazing things about these parties from here and other places and the photos always looked great but I can't say I would do another one any time soon if I had to pay.

The park itself does look amazing though and the meet and greets with the characters were absolutely fantastic, the staff that worked with them were wonderful as well. Can't say enough good things about the staff.

I do have to say that after visiting the Disney Tokyo parks that it affects the way I see the parks here as well. It's amazing how everyone there sits down to watch the parades and how generally nice and courteous everyone is. You wouldn't see people leaving trash and all their candy wrappers on the ground in Tokyo like they did here.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:12 am

jedimaster1227 wrote:New details about the new "Disney Genie" digital offering that will debut at the Walt Disney World Resort in 2020 were released today at the D23 Expo Disney Parks, Experiences and Products presentation!

Based on the number of clueless posts I see on the internet from people that have no idea how to use the Disney app this will probably be a great tool for beginners.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Haymaker » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:18 am

Satans Hockey wrote:Have to say for my first experience doing a special event at Disney I thought Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween was really over crowded. The event was sold out but it just really seemed like wall to wall people in the walkways. I'm guessing because of some rides not being open as well. It just really seemed like they over sold the event. I don't know if the season pass for the Halloween parties made the parks crowded or what but it really felt like more of a normal really busy park day.

Ride wise I never saw dwarfs drop under 40 mins and space mountain was 30-40 mins all night. Haunted mansion was always around 30-40 and pirates was 15-35.

The special costumes, parades and shows were all really well done but I can't say I thought it was a good value for $140 to spend 8 hours in the park nor would I recommend it to anyone. Would be nice if the park stayed open until 2am considering the cost and that the party doesn't really start till 7pm. Or at least start the event at 6pm and end it at 1am.

I would have rather spent a full day in the park normally and worked my way through the day using fast pass and not waiting on lines.

It's a shame because I've always heard amazing things about these parties from here and other places and the photos always looked great but I can't say I would do another one any time soon if I had to pay.

The park itself does look amazing though and the meet and greets with the characters were absolutely fantastic, the staff that worked with them were wonderful as well. Can't say enough good things about the staff.

I do have to say that after visiting the Disney Tokyo parks that it affects the way I see the parks here as well. It's amazing how everyone there sits down to watch the parades and how generally nice and courteous everyone is. You wouldn't see people leaving trash and all their candy wrappers on the ground in Tokyo like they did here.

Like anything else, you have to catch it when its not so crowded. WDW has upped the capacity on the event so if its a sold out night, its not going to be fun.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:57 am

Satans Hockey wrote:Have to say for my first experience doing a special event at Disney I thought Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween was really over crowded. The event was sold out but it just really seemed like wall to wall people in the walkways.

I was just there 2 weeks ago on a sold out night. I agree the pathways were busy, but the ride lines were minimal. I found all the ride times were overestimated (Seven Dwarfs was posted 45 min but I boarded in 20 min) and the queues flew without FastPass active.

I loved the event and would happily go back on a future trip.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Heide Park & Toverland

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby bigboy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:01 am

Satans Hockey wrote:Ride wise I never saw dwarfs drop under 40 mins and space mountain was 30-40 mins all night. Haunted mansion was always around 30-40 and pirates was 15-35.

Even if they aren't walk-on, those are still really reasonable wait times compared to what you'll see during the day. I get that the crowds cut into the expected exclusivity of an after hours upcharge event, but I think this goes right along with the idea that there's no longer such a thing as a "slow" time at WDW, especially at Magic Kingdom.

I would also point out that the wait time for Haunted Mansion is one that is consistently over stated. I've jumped in the line with a 30 minute or more advertised wait more than once and been in the pre show in less than 10. That thing is a line eater.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:07 am

40 minutes for Mine Train is outstanding.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!