Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:05 pm

DorneyKid14 wrote:Anybody else find the 149 dollars a little to high for their new "disney after hours?"

i've seen updates that it's a ticket from 7pm. . so it's a good 7 hours, + free Mickey bars.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/disney-after-hours/

so it's not THAT big of an upcharge.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:23 pm

I dunno. Free ice cream and soda and an extra three hours outside of normal operations doesn't really seem like it'd be worth it for me. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun and the people that go will have a great time, though!

Now, if they offered free beer and hot wings, I'd be singing a different tune.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:11 pm

For me, it would depend on how many tickets they'd be selling. If the three hours are kept fairly slow, that in conjunction with free food would be reasonable for a more exclusive event. If it's going to stay busy during the night, then I'd say not really.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:49 pm

I like this idea! It's basically a Front of Line pass (since crowds will be so slim) with ice cream and soda included!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:35 pm

I'm not sure how interested I would be in the event at that price point but hey if they can sell tickets for a few extra hours on Thursdays in April and May then good for them, and they will, this will completely sell out however many limited tickets they offer every night.

It does seem kind of very "un-Disney" to offer a separate specially ticketed event with no special theme, or unique "extras" not offered during the day. Disney is the most creative company in the world and the best name they could come up with for this is "Disney After Hours"? I mean give the event a creative name and a special character host and a limited time meet n great or something. Let Stitch run amuck around the park and do a nightly midnight castle projection countdown or soemthing.

Maybe this is a test run of sorts to see how it works. If it's as popular as I think it will be I wouldn't be surprised to see this offered throughout the year at different price points for different days/times of year. Don't forget they just rolled out the new "tiered" daily pricing, wouldn't surprise me one bit if Tuesdays and Thursdays during peak months they offer a 8am-10pm ticket for one price and a 7pm-2am ticket on the same day for an upcharge. Dangit, in three paragraphs I just went from being skeptical of the event to thinking this is potentially a brilliant way to increase capacity and revenue throughout the year. They really are one of the most creative company's in the world, just work on that name will ya....

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:53 pm

I mean when I hear "After Hours" I immediately envision strippers and booze. I'm all for that event.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:30 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:I'm not sure how interested I would be in the event at that price point but hey if they can sell tickets for a few extra hours on Thursdays in April and May then good for them, and they will, this will completely sell out however many limited tickets they offer every night.

It does seem kind of very "un-Disney" to offer a separate specially ticketed event with no special theme, or unique "extras" not offered during the day. Disney is the most creative company in the world and the best name they could come up with for this is "Disney After Hours"? I mean give the event a creative name and a special character host and a limited time meet n great or something. Let Stitch run amuck around the park and do a nightly midnight castle projection countdown or soemthing.

Maybe this is a test run of sorts to see how it works. If it's as popular as I think it will be I wouldn't be surprised to see this offered throughout the year at different price points for different days/times of year. Don't forget they just rolled out the new "tiered" daily pricing, wouldn't surprise me one bit if Tuesdays and Thursdays during peak months they offer a 8am-10pm ticket for one price and a 7pm-2am ticket on the same day for an upcharge. Dangit, in three paragraphs I just went from being skeptical of the event to thinking this is potentially a brilliant way to increase capacity and revenue throughout the year. They really are one of the most creative company's in the world, just work on that name will ya....

It is exactly that: a brilliant way to increase capacity and revenue. As I said, it's basically their version a front of the line pass. Don't want to wait in lines and aren't famous or don't have enough cash to pay for renting a guest relations tour guide all day? Just show up for this event instead!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:53 pm

Jew wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:I'm not sure how interested I would be in the event at that price point but hey if they can sell tickets for a few extra hours on Thursdays in April and May then good for them, and they will, this will completely sell out however many limited tickets they offer every night.

It is exactly that: a brilliant way to increase capacity and revenue. As I said, it's basically their version a front of the line pass. Don't want to wait in lines and aren't famous or don't have enough cash to pay for renting a guest relations tour guide all day? Just show up for this event instead!

But it depends on what rides they have open. Only certain rides will be open, and only certain characters will be out. So if bigger rides arent open and more popular characters arent out, i feel like a lot of people wont do it.

But then again, its disney, and people will spend whatever there.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:14 am

^I just assumed that most of the major attractions would be open, with the exceptions being stuff like Carousel of Progress and Hall of Presidents, basically everything that's open during the Halloween/Christmas parties which is pretty much everything.

I was wondering if they would have a fireworks show and parade during the extra hours event.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:07 pm

Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!