Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Online
Site Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 47975
Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:13 pm

gp1086 wrote:One thing I don't like - the lack of casual dining options (i.e. go up to the window and grab some chicken fingers, burger, etc.)

Are you kidding??? Magic Kingdom used to get so much grief because quick-serve was pretty much ALL they had for the longest time...

- Casey's Corner
- Columbia Harbor House
- Cosmic Ray's
- Gaston's Tavern
- Pecos Bill
- Village Haus
- Sleepy Hollow
- Friar's Nook
- Lunching Pad
- Tortuga Tavern

And that doesn't even include many smaller kiosks or even Be Our Guest, which is also a quick-serve during the day, but harder to get into. I mean, with all that, Really??? You couldn't find quick-service food options in the park!?!??!
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:15 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6665
Joined: 01 Dec 2005
Location: Reno, NV
Gender: Male
Age: 40

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby jray21 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:46 pm

They do have some incredible quick service options now!
Image
Image

I'd like to buy a vowel!
User avatar
 
Posts: 3242
Joined: 26 May 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Gender: Male
Age: 33

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby KBrylczyk » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:03 pm

robbalvey wrote:And that doesn't even include many smaller kiosks or even Be Our Guest, which is also a quick-serve during the day, but harder to get into. I mean, with all that, Really??? You couldn't find quick-service food options in the park!?!??!


You expect people to actually read the map for options? Ha!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?
User avatar
 
Posts: 174
Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Gender: None specified

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterCard » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:37 pm

robbalvey wrote:
gp1086 wrote:One thing I don't like - the lack of casual dining options (i.e. go up to the window and grab some chicken fingers, burger, etc.)

Are you kidding??? Magic Kingdom used to get so much grief because quick-serve was pretty much ALL they had for the longest time...

- Casey's Corner
- Columbia Harbor House
- Cosmic Ray's
- Gaston's Tavern
- Pecos Bill
- Village Haus
- Sleepy Hollow
- Friar's Nook
- Lunching Pad
- Tortuga Tavern

And that doesn't even include many smaller kiosks or even Be Our Guest, which is also a quick-serve during the day, but harder to get into. I mean, with all that, Really??? You couldn't find quick-service food options in the park!?!??!


What I've found is that people that may be unfamiliar with Disney's park structure and are more familiar with the Six Flags/Cedar Fair methodology can be intimidated, for lack of a better word, by Disney's indoor quick service counters. Whether that's due to the time it takes to go in, or that you can't see the length of the lines before entering, or perceived price of an established "brick and mortar" facility in an amusement park, I'm not sure.

I agree that to say Magic Kingdom lacks quick-service options is way off base (harbor house is one of my favorite quick service restaurants on property). However, I can see how someone familiar with SF/CF would see many of the above options, excluding Firar's, Sleepy Hollow, and Lunching Pad, as somewhere between quick service and table service.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?
User avatar
 
Posts: 1537
Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Location: Valencia, CA
Gender: Male

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:54 pm

CoasterCard wrote: What I've found is that people that may be unfamiliar with Disney's park structure and are more familiar with the Six Flags/Cedar Fair methodology can be intimidated, for lack of a better word, by Disney's indoor quick service counters. Whether that's due to the time it takes to go in, or that you can't see the length of the lines before entering, or perceived price of an established "brick and mortar" facility in an amusement park, I'm not sure.

I agree that to say Magic Kingdom lacks quick-service options is way off base (harbor house is one of my favorite quick service restaurants on property). However, I can see how someone familiar with SF/CF would see many of the above options, excluding Firar's, Sleepy Hollow, and Lunching Pad, as somewhere between quick service and table service.


If indoor quick service counters are too intimidating, how on earth did that guy ever eat a McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, etc? All of them require entry into the building unless going through the drive-thru. There's no possible way that could be an excuse.
Image

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?
User avatar
 
Posts: 174
Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Gender: None specified

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterCard » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:25 pm

PeoplemoverMatt wrote:
CoasterCard wrote: What I've found is that people that may be unfamiliar with Disney's park structure and are more familiar with the Six Flags/Cedar Fair methodology can be intimidated, for lack of a better word, by Disney's indoor quick service counters. Whether that's due to the time it takes to go in, or that you can't see the length of the lines before entering, or perceived price of an established "brick and mortar" facility in an amusement park, I'm not sure.

I agree that to say Magic Kingdom lacks quick-service options is way off base (harbor house is one of my favorite quick service restaurants on property). However, I can see how someone familiar with SF/CF would see many of the above options, excluding Firar's, Sleepy Hollow, and Lunching Pad, as somewhere between quick service and table service.


If indoor quick service counters are too intimidating, how on earth did that guy ever eat a McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, etc? All of them require entry into the building unless going through the drive-thru. There's no possible way that could be an excuse.


You're discussing 2 completely different scenarios. Movement and comfortability inside a park are completely different than the same outside a park. People base their choices on familiarity and if ordering inside at an amusement isn't familiar, they may avoid it altogether.

I've gone pantless!
User avatar
 
Posts: 34156
Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)
Gender: Male
Age: 59

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:05 am

CoasterCard wrote:
You're discussing 2 completely different scenarios. Movement and comfortability inside a park are completely different than the same outside a park. People base their choices on familiarity and if ordering inside at an amusement isn't familiar, they may avoid it altogether.


"Comfortability"? That's a new one on me. ;)

There are plenty of quick-serve options at the Magic Kingdom. They're not hard to find.
Image
Image

This button makes my penis erect.
User avatar
 
Posts: 4331
Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Location: So Cali
Gender: Male
Age: 37

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:18 am

cfc wrote:
CoasterCard wrote:
You're discussing 2 completely different scenarios. Movement and comfortability inside a park are completely different than the same outside a park. People base their choices on familiarity and if ordering inside at an amusement isn't familiar, they may avoid it altogether.


"Comfortability"? That's a new one on me. ;)

There are plenty of quick-serve options at the Magic Kingdom. They're not hard to find.


Not to mention some of said quick-service options are as good, if not better than some full service options. Just my .02...
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!
User avatar
 
Posts: 2066
Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Location: Kent, UK
Gender: Male
Age: 28

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby StealthFan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:35 pm

cfc wrote:There are plenty of quick-serve options at the Magic Kingdom. They're not hard to find.


Exactly! I never had any issues and I am an extraordinarily picky eater. If I was to recommend anything as a quick serve I would go for the Anna and Elsa rice crispy treats! They are amazing!
IMG_7054.JPG
If this doesn't make you either think I'm more retarded than you originally believed or want to try a Frozen Rice Crispy treat I don't know what will!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!
User avatar
 
Posts: 24314
Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Gender: Male
Age: 66

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:40 pm

^ Get a room Craig! :p
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Image

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron