Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:13 pm

gp1086 wrote:One thing I don't like - the lack of casual dining options (i.e. go up to the window and grab some chicken fingers, burger, etc.)

Are you kidding??? Magic Kingdom used to get so much grief because quick-serve was pretty much ALL they had for the longest time...

- Casey's Corner
- Columbia Harbor House
- Cosmic Ray's
- Gaston's Tavern
- Pecos Bill
- Village Haus
- Sleepy Hollow
- Friar's Nook
- Lunching Pad
- Tortuga Tavern

And that doesn't even include many smaller kiosks or even Be Our Guest, which is also a quick-serve during the day, but harder to get into. I mean, with all that, Really??? You couldn't find quick-service food options in the park!?!??!
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:15 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:46 pm

They do have some incredible quick service options now!

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:03 pm

robbalvey wrote:And that doesn't even include many smaller kiosks or even Be Our Guest, which is also a quick-serve during the day, but harder to get into. I mean, with all that, Really??? You couldn't find quick-service food options in the park!?!??!

You expect people to actually read the map for options? Ha!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby CoasterCard » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:37 pm

robbalvey wrote:
gp1086 wrote:One thing I don't like - the lack of casual dining options (i.e. go up to the window and grab some chicken fingers, burger, etc.)

Are you kidding??? Magic Kingdom used to get so much grief because quick-serve was pretty much ALL they had for the longest time...

- Casey's Corner
- Columbia Harbor House
- Cosmic Ray's
- Gaston's Tavern
- Pecos Bill
- Village Haus
- Sleepy Hollow
- Friar's Nook
- Lunching Pad
- Tortuga Tavern

And that doesn't even include many smaller kiosks or even Be Our Guest, which is also a quick-serve during the day, but harder to get into. I mean, with all that, Really??? You couldn't find quick-service food options in the park!?!??!

What I've found is that people that may be unfamiliar with Disney's park structure and are more familiar with the Six Flags/Cedar Fair methodology can be intimidated, for lack of a better word, by Disney's indoor quick service counters. Whether that's due to the time it takes to go in, or that you can't see the length of the lines before entering, or perceived price of an established "brick and mortar" facility in an amusement park, I'm not sure.

I agree that to say Magic Kingdom lacks quick-service options is way off base (harbor house is one of my favorite quick service restaurants on property). However, I can see how someone familiar with SF/CF would see many of the above options, excluding Firar's, Sleepy Hollow, and Lunching Pad, as somewhere between quick service and table service.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:54 pm

CoasterCard wrote: What I've found is that people that may be unfamiliar with Disney's park structure and are more familiar with the Six Flags/Cedar Fair methodology can be intimidated, for lack of a better word, by Disney's indoor quick service counters. Whether that's due to the time it takes to go in, or that you can't see the length of the lines before entering, or perceived price of an established "brick and mortar" facility in an amusement park, I'm not sure.

I agree that to say Magic Kingdom lacks quick-service options is way off base (harbor house is one of my favorite quick service restaurants on property). However, I can see how someone familiar with SF/CF would see many of the above options, excluding Firar's, Sleepy Hollow, and Lunching Pad, as somewhere between quick service and table service.

If indoor quick service counters are too intimidating, how on earth did that guy ever eat a McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, etc? All of them require entry into the building unless going through the drive-thru. There's no possible way that could be an excuse.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby CoasterCard » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:25 pm

PeoplemoverMatt wrote:
CoasterCard wrote: What I've found is that people that may be unfamiliar with Disney's park structure and are more familiar with the Six Flags/Cedar Fair methodology can be intimidated, for lack of a better word, by Disney's indoor quick service counters. Whether that's due to the time it takes to go in, or that you can't see the length of the lines before entering, or perceived price of an established "brick and mortar" facility in an amusement park, I'm not sure.

If indoor quick service counters are too intimidating, how on earth did that guy ever eat a McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, etc? All of them require entry into the building unless going through the drive-thru. There's no possible way that could be an excuse.

You're discussing 2 completely different scenarios. Movement and comfortability inside a park are completely different than the same outside a park. People base their choices on familiarity and if ordering inside at an amusement isn't familiar, they may avoid it altogether.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:05 am

CoasterCard wrote:
You're discussing 2 completely different scenarios. Movement and comfortability inside a park are completely different than the same outside a park. People base their choices on familiarity and if ordering inside at an amusement isn't familiar, they may avoid it altogether.

"Comfortability"? That's a new one on me. ;)

There are plenty of quick-serve options at the Magic Kingdom. They're not hard to find.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:18 am

cfc wrote:
CoasterCard wrote:

"Comfortability"? That's a new one on me. ;)

There are plenty of quick-serve options at the Magic Kingdom. They're not hard to find.

Not to mention some of said quick-service options are as good, if not better than some full service options. Just my .02...
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:35 pm

cfc wrote:There are plenty of quick-serve options at the Magic Kingdom. They're not hard to find.

Exactly! I never had any issues and I am an extraordinarily picky eater. If I was to recommend anything as a quick serve I would go for the Anna and Elsa rice crispy treats! They are amazing!
IMG_7054.JPG
If this doesn't make you either think I'm more retarded than you originally believed or want to try a Frozen Rice Crispy treat I don't know what will!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:40 pm

^ Get a room Craig! :p
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!