Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This button makes my penis erect.

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby DJeXeL » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:37 pm

Wow! Looks like one hell of a show. Saw the gridlocked freeways and toll plazas yesterday and it looked miserable. Watching from the Polynesian definitely looked like the better way to view the show. Thanks for sharing.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:24 pm

DJeXeL wrote:Wow! Looks like one hell of a show. Saw the gridlocked freeways and toll plazas yesterday and it looked miserable. Watching from the Polynesian definitely looked like the better way to view the show. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, we don't go anywhere NEAR the parks on New Years Eve! The night before we got to Poly about an hour before the show and just walked right up to a perfect spot! It did fill up later and about 10 minutes before the show started it was crowded, but not uncomfortable. In fact, there were people that walked up just moments before the show started and still got a very good view.

It's one of the best kept secrets (even though the NYE show is right there on the WDW website for both nights) that they do the fireworks on the 30th as well as the 31st. And IMO, this is a MUCH better view that being inside the park because no matter where you are inside the park, your view is sort of obstructed from seeing all the perimeter and lagoon fireworks as well.

Postby DJeXeL » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:10 pm

Yea I'll definitely keep the Polynesian in mind when my fiancé and I go back in October for Food & Wine. I did notice however that MK's fireworks show is about 10 minutes shorter than DLR's. I wonder what the reasoning is for that. Also, Illuminations at Epcot is f*cking amazing! Was really impressed by the finale. Too bad LuminAria @ DCA was doomed from the beginning.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:05 pm

Random question, but has there been any talk or rumors of a 24 hour event this year?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:08 pm

DJeXeL wrote:Yea I'll definitely keep the Polynesian in mind when my fiancé and I go back in October for Food & Wine. I did notice however that MK's fireworks show is about 10 minutes shorter than DLR's.

I'm not sure what you mean. Wishes is 13 minutes and the new Disneyland Fireworks are just shy of 15 minutes. Also remember that Wishes throws up a TON of huge pyro in the air, shells that Disneyland aren't even allowed to use because of being in the middle of Anaheim, and those are expensive! But as far as the length of the two shows goes, they are very similar.

Postby DJeXeL » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:30 am

robbalvey wrote:I'm not sure what you mean. Wishes is 13 minutes and the new Disneyland Fireworks are just shy of 15 minutes. Also remember that Wishes throws up a TON of huge pyro in the air, shells that Disneyland aren't even allowed to use because of being in the middle of Anaheim, and those are expensive! But as far as the length of the two shows goes, they are very similar.

Good points. No idea why I thought "Forever" was longer than Wishes.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:52 am

robbalvey wrote:Yeah, we don't go anywhere NEAR the parks on New Years Eve! The night before we got to Poly about an hour before the show and just walked right up to a perfect spot! It did fill up later and about 10 minutes before the show started it was crowded, but not uncomfortable. In fact, there were people that walked up just moments before the show started and still got a very good view.

It's one of the best kept secrets (even though the NYE show is right there on the WDW website for both nights) that they do the fireworks on the 30th as well as the 31st. And IMO, this is a MUCH better view that being inside the park because no matter where you are inside the park, your view is sort of obstructed from seeing all the perimeter and lagoon fireworks as well.

I've been to EPCOT on NYE before and it's honestly not that bad just because that park is massive. You might not be able to get a prime viewing spot for Illuminations but you can grab a drink and hang out anywhere around the World Showcase or even in Future World and still have a pretty good view of the NYE fireworks. And all of the extra DJ booths and stuff they have set around the park really seem to spread the crowds out a bit. I wouldn't consider going anywhere near Magic Kingdom that day but I'd go back to Epcot again.

I love craft beers like Bud Light

Postby bbomser » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:19 am

This past year the Fiancee's parents got a DVC Studio for the 4 of us at Poly (MK View), and it's quite nice to be able to open up your balcony or porch and watch the fireworks. Definitely worth it if anyone is local. Didn't have to fight crowds, and were able to bring our own things to eat/drink!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby TBpony414 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:23 pm

Amazing!! Thanks for sharing your secrets and an awesome video, Robb!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby johnychen » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:22 am

Great video of the fireworks Robb.

I was actually crazy enough to torture myself with 5 hours of camping out in front of the castle on New Years Eve to watch the fireworks. Here's a video that I took of the insanity and the sea of cell phones. It was a great show but I am not sure if I want to do the five hour wait thing again.

Native Houstonian, rocket scientist, mobile DJ, theme park enthusiast, geek, Youtuber, and community activist.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!