Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:12 am

Yeah, that's about how it was last year I think. I guess I can suck it up and bite the bullit for a 30 minutes wait for one attraction, but if lines at this even start getting higher than 10 minutes on a regular basis I might have to take to social media and complain!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:03 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:^ It was less than ten minutes to see Anna & Elsa last night, too!

That's awesome, I'm going Friday and can't wait. Do you happen to remember how ling the Seven Dwarves Mine Train line was throghout the night?

We went on a Friday and a Sunday so far this year and even though both days were not sold out, Friday seemed MUCH more crowded than last night. Last night was super dead, and for such amazing weather I was really shocked!

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby The Great Zo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:31 pm

Alright, you got Nozzy as the construction worker. Where's the cop, the sailor, the native american, the biker, and the cowboy?
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:37 pm

The Great Zo wrote:Alright, you got Nozzy as the construction worker. Where's the cop, the sailor, the native american, the biker, and the cowboy?

That was the FIRST thing I said when I saw him! "Hey, you're the Village People...or... person..."

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:52 pm

"Come on, kiddies! Take some candy from the nice man!"

"Don't let the fact that his face is lit from below, as though he were burning in the Fires of Hell, disturb you."

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:17 pm

bbomser wrote:
Philrad71 wrote:I think that those prices are quite reasonable considering what you are getting.

A couple of questions...

Being that we will be moving to Tampa in the next 7-9 weeks (could be longer), would we still be able to get FL resident discounts on 2016 passes say, if we didn't permanently reside in FL until January of 2016? Would you have to be a resident for 1+ year in order for the "resident" to apply to these types of discounts?

Or do the FL resident rules/discounts vary based on the park?

Just hoping that someone might know off-hand versus doing a bunch of digging. ;)

Here's the info regarding Disney
Disney wrote:Florida Resident Tickets:
Proof of a Florida residential address is required. For each ticket purchased for an adult, you may provide any of the following:
•Valid Florida driver's license
•Valid Florida state-issued ID card (must have a Florida address)
•Valid Florida-based military ID

If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then for each ticket purchased for an adult you must provide one of the following dated within the last 2 months and evidencing a Florida residential address (not a PO Box) together with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):
•Monthly mortgage statement
•Florida vehicle registration or title
•Homeowner's insurance policy or bill
•Automobile insurance policy or bill
•Utility bill
•Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings or investment account statement
•Mail from a federal, state, county or city government agency

The persons who will use the Florida Resident adult tickets must be present at the time of ticket pick up. A print of an electronic bill of the type described above is acceptable. Photocopies and fax copies of bills are not acceptable.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/florida-residents/validation-requirements/

Here's a clip from Universal's Website
Universal wrote:Proof of Florida Residency

Each guest must present a valid Florida ID per ticket purchased.

Please provide one of the following:•Florida Driver's License
•Florida State-issued ID card (must have Florida address)
•Florida voter's registration card with corresponding photo ID
•College ID from a Florida college or university with corresponding photo ID

https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Florida-Resident-Tickets.aspx

Last but not least, SeaWorld/Busch Gardens
SeaWorld/Busch wrote:Proof of a Florida residential address (non-PO box) is required at time of ticket pick up (Valid Florida driver's license or valid Florida state-issued ID card with a Florida address).

It's hidden in the fine print under offer details here:
http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/book-online/tickets/annualpasses/

So Disney seems to have the most relaxed policy, not requiring a FL ID, but still something that proves you actually live in the state. What's really nice about the FL Resident policies across the board is that all three have a monthly payment plan that helps spread out the cost over the year.

But to answer your original questions; nope, don't need to live here for more than a year, and the policies do vary between companies.

Thank you so much, Brian! :)

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:27 pm

BREAKING: Monorail Coral suffers damage in accident at Walt Disney World

Monorail Coral has been involved in a monorail accident at Walt Disney World. The accident happened on the express loop between the TTC and the Contemporary Resort. No guests were on board at the time.

The train collided with the work tug at a high enough speed to cause considerable damage to the nose cone. The glass from the pilot compartment was knocked out and damage to the fiberglass can be seen.

The good news is that no guests were on board. We haven’t heard if the pilot was injured, or even on board. We also don’t know the status of the tug pilot. It’s possible the tug was towing the unit at the time.

Update: Disney confirms the Monorail was being towed when it somehow became separated from the tug. It’s not yet sure why there was an error. No injuries are reported.

Other Disney sites are reporting that this train was part of a test of the Train Control System (TCS). The TCS will automate the monorails making them essentially driver-less similar to other regional transportation systems.

As a result of the accident, traffic is shut down on World Drive and pedestrians are being kept away from the area.

Full Article

Stock picture looks to be used in the article above. Monorail Coral was the train involved in the incident however there were no guests aboard as this train is part of the resort's TCS (Train Control System) test.

Source
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby thepoint4life23 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:36 am

This is kind of Off Topic. I was at Disney last week, and had a great time. The one thing it did is wanting me to know more. Can any one point me in the right Direction of Videos that show behind the sense of things like the parks, behind the magic, how the all the Transposition works, and how some of the rides work, and Even the Magic bands. I would love to see a video on how Tower of terror works. Thank for your time
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby thrillrider » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:48 am

The tv show modern marvels did a great show of Disney world behind the scenes . I believe you can Netflix it.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:04 pm

thrillrider wrote:The tv show modern marvels did a great show of Disney world behind the scenes . I believe you can Netflix it.

I just recorded that a few weeks ago. I'll bet you can find it on demand too.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!