Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 327: Villains After Hours trip report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love craft beers like Bud Light

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby bbomser » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:23 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:I'm not entirely sure here but I don't think here are "FL Resident Discounts" per se on annual passes since you have to be a Florida Resident or a DVC member to purchase certain levels of the annual passes.

Might want to take a look at the image Robb posted again...

While there are only 6 levels of passes, the two most expensive are available to everyone, the top three to DVC, and all six to FL Residents.

Looking at just the top two levels, there definitely is a discount...

Platinum Pass (New Pass):
$749 for Non-FL Residents
$649 for FL Residents
$649 for DVC Members

Platinum Plus Pass (New Pass):
$829 for Non-FL Residents
$729 for FL Residents
$729 for DVC Members

Platinum Pass (Renewing a Pass):
$635 for Non-FL Residents
$549 for FL Residents
$549 for DVC Members

Platinum Plus Pass (Renewing a Pass):
$705 for Non-FL Residents
$619 for FL Residents
$619 for DVC Members

How is that not a discount for FL Residents? Add in the monthly payment plan that's available and it's pretty clear how there is a discount. Sure it's less of a discount than it used to be, because the increase is greater for FL Residents than Non-FL Residents, but it's still an average discount of $94 for being an FL Resident ($100 Discount on New Passes, $86 Discount on Renewals)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:42 am

^Chill out, I was reading the email form a phone and msised the graphic with all of the levels. Besides I said " you have to be a FL resident to purchase certein levels" and four of the six annual pass levels are only available to FL Residents or DVC members, and three of the pass levels are for FL residents only (didn't it used to FL and GA residents?).

This may sound weird but I've always looked at pass pricing almost like they offer the two highest levels at an increased price to non residents/DVC members more so than at a discount to residents/DVC memebrs.

I love craft beers like Bud Light

Postby bbomser » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:01 am

No disrespect meant (sorry if it came off that way), completely understand you. I've fallen victim to missing an image when browsing on my phone before as well.

No idea about the FL and GA residents though, I've only had my pass for a few years though.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:23 am

No worries, it was probably the Monday in me reading the post to begin with.

Were were considering the Silver pass but the gold is pretty enticing. Our problem with previous seasonal passes is that friends and family always seem to want to visit in the Summer when most seasonal passes would be blacked out, but $550 for a full year excpet 2 weeks at christmas and 2 weeks at spring break is worth considering now that our daught is old enough to drop in for a day without it being moretoruble than it's worth. The silver is still pretty resonable for $390, I'd prefer nto to go in the Summer anyways.

I was planning to get a SeaWorld/Busch Gardens for Mako and Cobras curse but that might have to wait a year. I'll probably wait and see if SeaWorld puts their passes on BOGO for Black Friday again.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:29 am

We did Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party again last night. I really love this event! Seriously, it is my personal favorite "Orlando Halloween Event!" As much as I do like and appreciate the "haunts" going around with family & friends riding a bunch of our favorite rides with no lines dressed up in costume and getting stupidly ridiculous amounts of candy and watching some of the best family-friendly theme park shows that exist is just my kind of fun!

Here's some photos from last night...
Tonight we are at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party again! Follow along!

First stop... Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! It's fun riding coasters in costume!

Here we all are for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

I'm celebrating #NationalTacoDay at Pecos Bill during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

One of the many reasons we love Mickey's #NotSoScary Halloween Party! 5 minute wait!!!

And the best part of Mickey's #NotSoScary? Free candy!!! And LOTS of it! Yum!!!

And yes adults along with kids are allowed if not encouraged to dress up! Check it out:

We saw some really awesome costumes!

So much fun riding Big Thunder while in costumes!

Absolutely LOVE the way they dress up Haunted Mansion for Mickey's #NotSoScary Halloween Party!

We brought Anna a bag of chocolate. She was pretty happy with that! :)

Space Mountain said 10 min but it was a walk-on! Yesss!

The candy staff have been AWESOME tonight!!! Soooo much candy!

Suck it, California! :)

Love the new Walt Disney World Annual Pass perks! Already using our unlimited PhotoPass!

Headless Horseman running through the park still one of the coolest things at Walt Disney World you'll see all year!

Boo To You >>> Paint The Night! Not as high tech, but waaaaay more fun!!! Better music too, OMG so much better music!

Haunted Mansion Gravediggers still best part of any parade! Love them!!!

Silly Sideshow wins the night for best candy crew at Mickey's #NotSoScary Halloween Party!

Yay! We hung out with Rapunzel tonight!

Anna & Elsa were very impressed with the amount of chocolate we collected tonight!

Another amazing Mickey's #NotSoScary Halloween Party! Best Halloween event ever!!!

IMG_6874.JPG
Oh, and here is the volume of candy we collected! "Objective complete... Achievement unlocked!" =)

Postby viking86 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:48 am

:nina:

Awesome report! The more I see of this event the more I want to go! Short lines, awesome entertainment and all the candy you can eat! What more do you need?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:21 am

^ It was less than ten minutes to see Anna & Elsa last night, too!

Postby viking86 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:34 am

^I will pretend that I didn't see that comment..... :p

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:47 am

robbalvey wrote:^ It was less than ten minutes to see Anna & Elsa last night, too!

That's awesome, I'm going Friday and can't wait. Do you happen to remember how ling the Seven Dwarves Mine Train line was throghout the night?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:50 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:^ It was less than ten minutes to see Anna & Elsa last night, too!

That's awesome, I'm going Friday and can't wait. Do you happen to remember how ling the Seven Dwarves Mine Train line was throghout the night?

It was the longest line but only about 30-40 minutes.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!