Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Meteornotes » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:10 pm

I was in Orlando for a conference during Spring Break one year, and went to the parks one day. Never again.

Then again, a day at WDW is still better than a day at work, so...

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:04 pm

PeoplemoverMatt wrote:If I'm seeing that right, that queue is flooding out of the FastPass+ Return entrance. Yikes!

That line is coming from FastPass. That happens when ever a ride breaks down and has to stop operation. All the fast passes that didn't get used during the down time are still valid for use when it re-opens. I'd bet that's what were seeing here, as Space Mountain is one of the rides that does this on almost a daily basis.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby disneyfreak1986 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:38 am

Barge84 wrote:^ Shouldn't be much longer. I'm pretty sure the opening date is around May 1st. I'm hoping I get to ride it when I'm down there the last week of April!

From a photo I saw on my Twitter feed last night, it looks like the media preview is April 30th - May 2nd. I'd expect to see a 'soft opening' sometime between April 20th (that is when Cast Members begin their training) and April 30th.

I'm really excited for another roller coaster to add to the excitement that the Magic Kingdom brings!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:45 am

kyleparks77 wrote:During our trip last week while relaxing on the People Mover, we were able to see space mountain with the lights on. I was only able to get my camera out in time to snap one picture but it was something I've been wanting to see for a long time

Space Mountain is a completely different ride when there are any work lights on at all. In normal show lighting you can't really see the support structure over your head.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby timfreeman » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:28 pm

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:
PeoplemoverMatt wrote:If I'm seeing that right, that queue is flooding out of the FastPass+ Return entrance. Yikes!

That line is coming from FastPass. That happens when ever a ride breaks down and has to stop operation. All the fast passes that didn't get used during the down time are still valid for use when it re-opens. I'd bet that's what were seeing here, as Space Mountain is one of the rides that does this on almost a daily basis.

There was no down time that day and I didn't think to take a picture until half way through it. It went all the way back to astro orbiter. Thunder mountain was backed up to the bridge. Toy story was backed up to marina (whatever it is now). The safari was backed up to the normal line. They have now built ropes in for the fast pass lines for most of the mentioned above.

The lines really aren't "longer", they have just moved to the outside. Once you pass the RFID point, most were walk all the way to the ride.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:17 pm

Today we celebrated It's a Small World's 50th Anniversary with Walt Disney World! Was a very interested Small World themed day, and while, yes, I will not be able to get the song out of my head for about a month now, that is just a true testament on what kind of impact the song and ride has made over the years. No matter if you love the ride or it annoys you, we've all been on it, and we all see how much kids and families from all over enjoy it! Please check out the video and photos from today. It was a great time!
small_world_50_01.jpg
Today both Walt Disney World and Disneyland were celebrating It's a Small World's 50th Anniversary!
small_world_50_02.jpg
First up in the morning, a choir of children and singers from around the world sang the song that will now be stuck in your heads just from reading this update! =)
small_world_50_03.jpg
Any merchandise purchased at the park for the 50th Anniversary Celebration will allow the proceeds to go to Unicef.
small_world_50_04.jpg
Of course we had to RIDE!!!
small_world_50_05.jpg
In order to bring you the high quality photos and video that we do here at TPR on an extreme ride like It's a Small World, we were harnessed in to make sure our camera equipment was safe and secure!
small_world_50_06.jpg
It's a Small World is one of those attractions that more people in the world have probably been on than any other ride!
small_world_50_07.jpg
So many other parks have tried to duplicate it and make their own version.
small_world_50_08.jpg
But the original classic, which started at the 1964 World's Fair in NYC started it all!
small_world_50_09.jpg
The original version of the ride can now be found at Disneyland in California.
small_world_50_10.jpg
And the Walt Disney World version opened in 1971 with the park.
small_world_50_11.jpg
You can find versions of It's a Small World at Tokyo Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Hong Kong Disneyland.
small_world_50_12.jpg
The Hawaiian girls are always a fan favorite! ;)
small_world_50_13.jpg
You're not normal if you can't at least admit you grew up loving this attraction!
small_world_50_14.jpg
We love the Walt Disney World version because it has a ROLLER COASTER!
small_world_50_15.jpg
There is just something about that cool "final room" of Small World!
small_world_50_16.jpg
We got to hear other version of It's A Small World throughout the day including the Notorious Banjo Brothers. (Check out the video to hear them)
small_world_50_17.jpg
And of course the Dapper Dans barbershop quartet! (Also on the video!)
small_world_50_18.jpg
These guys are one of my favorite Disney entertainment acts and it's great to see their show is still going strong!
small_world_50_19.jpg
The Coke Corner pianist also played a version of the song.
small_world_50_20.jpg
As did the Main Street Philharmonic Marching Band! (all these versions are in the video above!)
small_world_50_21.jpg
I love this shirt! "Conquered!" lol Maybe even it should say "I Survived!" ;)
small_world_50_22.jpg
Another look at the 50th logo.
small_world_50_23.jpg
And another version of the 50th Anniversary logo.
small_world_50_24.jpg
It was a BEAUTIFUL day at the Magic Kingdom. So let's take a quick look around the park while we are here.
small_world_50_25.jpg
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is just a few weeks from opening!
small_world_50_26.jpg
So many coaster enthusiasts would LOVE to be that guy right now!
small_world_50_27.jpg
Should be interesting to see how much the cars rock back and forth around these curves.
small_world_50_28.jpg
The ride really does look GREAT! I think this should be a pretty fun family coaster and a good mix of dark ride sections.
small_world_50_29.jpg
Here's a look at the castle hub project.
small_world_50_30.jpg
Really looking forward to how this widens the castle area and improves the flow of traffic.
small_world_50_31.jpg
It's one of those projects that most people, when it's all completed, won't really notice, but it will make a HUGE difference when this area of the park gets crowded!
small_world_50_32.jpg
Since being there for a media day we had rock star viewing of the parade. And we really like the new Festival of Fantasy parade a lot!
small_world_50_33.jpg
I got to see my favorite princess & snow queen duo!
small_world_50_34.jpg
The floats are just fantastic looking!
small_world_50_35.jpg
This one of course is our favorite for obvious reasons!
small_world_50_36.jpg
Move over Mickey & Minnie here's the REAL starts of the show!
small_world_50_37.jpg
Ok, ok, fine. We'll let these rodents have the final parade pic! ;)
small_world_50_38.jpg
And as they say in many languages, "later dude!" Congrats to Walt Disney World and Disneyland on the 50th Anniversary of It's a Small World!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:34 pm

Great pictures as always Robb.

Is the hub construction taking place between the castle and tomarowland near the old boat dock? The bottleneck in this area of the park has always been one of the few complaints I have about this park, I hope this opens up the area more for a better crowd flow.

Also, were you filming small world for a show or for TPR?
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:04 pm

It's A Small World is one of my favorite rides at Disney. I still remember my first ride on it when I was 5.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:11 pm

I liked the way you edited that video. I'm happy to see Disney celebrate this ride.

thrillrider wrote:Is the hub construction taking place between the castle and tomarowland near the old boat dock? The bottleneck in this area of the park has always been one of the few complaints I have about this park, I hope this opens up the area more for a better crowd flow.

I believe you will find your answer at this post

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:17 am

Nice work on the video. I like how the different versions of the song were playing over the on-ride footage. The Dapper Dans were particularly good.

And the new coaster in Fantasyland looks great. I'm looking forward to riding this one.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!