Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Ignore this post, I'm probably drunk

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Vtafro » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:58 am

arby wrote:Disney no longer sells tickets with the 'no expiration' option. I think that went away a year or two ago.

You can still buy them from some authorized Disney ticket sellers like the one I've used in the past, though, just not directly through Disney.

Disney still sells these tickets. However you cannot buy them through their website any longer.(over the phone and in person i believe)

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:59 am

With park tickets still out thee without expiration dates, how does that work with MagicBand and making Fastpass reservations?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:56 pm

^If you have an old ticket without RFID you have to exchange it at the ticket booths before going into the park. Then you can sync up the new ticket.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:22 pm

Koasterking48 wrote:Tickets are now going to be $99 to get in. I am now wondering when the raising prices will ever stop. I mean, 10 years ago, the price was roughly 50-52 bucks. But, ever since the economy went south, inflation occurred and it just plain sucks. When will people get to the point when they say it is too much?

I'd hate to burst your bubble but inflation isn't anything new. And I agree with the others, the 10 day non expiring park pass is probably your best bet outside of working for the company itself.
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby yankeeman311 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:41 pm

To answer the question about prices continuing to rise the answer is simple. As long as attendance doesn't drop, what reason is there for Disney to not test their peak price?
The end of an era and the rise of a new one:
#1 overall coaster from 2008-2013: El Toro
#1 overall coaster from 2013-present: Skyrush

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:06 pm

"We dare you to be the first park to cross the $100 barrier"-Disney to Universal (since Universal usually does their price changes after Disney)

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby carolinacaniac » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:44 am

And the funny thing is that people will loose their minds when the $100 barrier is crossed. They will swear NEVER to come to the park ever again!!!!!.....and yet they will still come. In all reality as other have already mentioned, when you compare the amount of a one day pass at Disney to other forms of entertainment, it isn't so bad. When I was looking for Book of Mormon tickets back at the time they were touring in Orlando, you could find seats over $120. That is only for a two and a half hour show. (A great one, but still a short time compared to the 8-12 hours you can spend at a Disney Park).
"Imagine the Crystal Beach Cyclone with a Gerstlauer train!"

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:36 am

arby wrote:Disney no longer sells tickets with the 'no expiration' option. I think that went away a year or two ago.

You can still buy them from some authorized Disney ticket sellers like the one I've used in the past, though, just not directly through Disney.

You can buy them direct, you just have to ask at the window. As I understand it they're removed the option from the website as so few people used it and they want to keep the process simple and streamlined for the vast majority of guests.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby arby » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:31 am

Vtafro wrote:

Disney still sells these tickets. However you cannot buy them through their website any longer.(over the phone and in person i believe)

Thanks! That's good to know. I didn't know because I do everything I can over the Internet (even ordering pizza).

Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Postby traincrossin » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:17 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/02/magic-kingdom-enhancements-include-special-viewing-area-new-pathways-gardens/

If you’re a regular Disney Parks Blog reader, you’re certainly familiar with one of our guests’ favorite places at Magic Kingdom Park: the Central Plaza area between the end of Main Street and Cinderella Castle. Well, we’ve just begun a project that’ll make it even better. We’re adding several new elements to the area, including sculpted gardens, additional pathways, expanded restaurant seating and even a special viewing area for fireworks and other performances.

Look closely at our fly-through video and you’ll notice that the enhancements will include new trees and more landscaping in the Central Plaza area. The sculpted gardens planned for the location are inspired by the lush grounds seen around European castles and chateaus.

To make it easier to move around, two additional pathways will be built around the plaza.

Also, seating outside of Casey’s Corner and The Plaza restaurant will nearly double in size.

From Disney California Adventure to New Fantasyland, we have a long-standing track record of being able to make enhancements while maintaining the magic of the Disney experience, and we look forward to continuing that tradition with this work.

This multi-phase enhancement project has already begun and it’ll be completed in 2015.

002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
How the new Hub will look when this project is completed.
006.jpg
How the Hub currently looks.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:00 pm.
13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!