Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby ethans_dad06 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:49 am

Who is the ride manufacturer for the space mountains? And is the new track made by the same as the original?

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby SKULLY » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:55 am

robbalvey wrote:^ I haven't heard them calling this "On Board Audio" at all. It could very well be enviornmental audio around the track.

--Robb

Just in case it is only environmental audio, have you ever ridden a coaster with a similar sound system? And if so, how was the actual quality and clarity of the audio? I understand that Disney could probably do it as well or better than anyone else but I would like to get an idea of what to expect. I guess that could possibly make more sense with the tiny size of the track on this ride.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:25 am

Yeah, I'm thinking it could just be sound-effect stuff at certain points of the ride. They already have 2 area's where that is before the lift and at the final breaks. Granted, those are in tunnels so it makes it easier to pick up. Maybe they are tunnelling other parts of the ride!!!!

I'm also one who MUCH prefers the MK version of space. I find Disneyland's to be rather boring, even with the new audio and effects.

Plus that one, after riding Saturday, is in DESPERATE need of another refurb.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:11 am

SKULLY wrote:
robbalvey wrote:^ I haven't heard them calling this "On Board Audio" at all. It could very well be enviornmental audio around the track.

--Robb

Just in case it is only environmental audio, have you ever ridden a coaster with a similar sound system? And if so, how was the actual quality and clarity of the audio? I understand that Disney could probably do it as well or better than anyone else but I would like to get an idea of what to expect. I guess that could possibly make more sense with the tiny size of the track on this ride.

Well, Evolution (Revolution) at Bobbejaanland had a pretty awesome pumping soundtrack playing in the building as the train went through the course. That was pretty freaking great!

EuroMir also has an AWESOME sound track playing during the indoor section of the ride. So it's been done very successfully before and I agree, if this is the route Disney chooses to go, then I would hope they can do it even better!

--Robb

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:52 am

^ Disney certainly doesn't have a problem having audio on many of their dark-rides that aren't on-ride, so I would assume they could use some of those same tricks for Space Mtn.

Granted, the speeds are obviously going to be MUCH different, but if anybody can make it work, it's Disney.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

space mountain at disneyworld

Postby bezz31 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:19 am

hi just found out space mountain won't be opened until november is that true because my new wife and i are coming all the way from australia in october for our honeymoon and the wife loves that ride any news of it opening early between now and october thanks great site by the way

Postby netdvn » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:43 am

ethans_dad06 wrote:Who is the ride manufacturer for the space mountains? And is the new track made by the same as the original?

I believe Arrow built all Space Mountains prior to Space Mountain Paris, afterwards, Vekoma built the remaining Space Mountains (including the DL's upgraded version) and they will probably be rebuilding the Orlando one.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:26 am

^I'm pretty sure AMEX (not American Express) made the track for the update of Disneyland's Space Mountain as well as for that of Hong Kong Disneyland, though I could be wrong.

The only Vekoma's Disney in its parks are the roller skaters, Space Mountain: Mission 2 in Paris, Expedition Everest and the two Rock n' Rollercoasters.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby ryno1986 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:26 am

^

You are correct.

token black guy

Re: space mountain at disneyworld

Postby jarmor » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:54 am

bezz31 wrote:hi just found out space mountain won't be opened until november is that true because my new wife and i are coming all the way from australia in october for our honeymoon and the wife loves that ride any news of it opening early between now and october thanks great site by the way

I thought it was december...either way it goes you wont be able to experience it at that time...

If you really wanna ride it I would see if I could change travel dates...
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!