Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:32 pm

I hope the new version is a lot smoother. My last ride was in December 2006 and it was so rough I almost had a headache, the only other coaster to give me a headache was Hercules.

I know it won't happen but I would have liked to have seen the 2 tracks completely different, keep 1 track as a regular not to intense coaster and make the other one a lot scarier, inversions, large drops, sharp banked turns etc.

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:41 pm

^ The only problem with keeping one track as is and adding inversions to the other is that you'd either have to get all new trains, or keep one kind on the non-inverting side, and new ones with OTSRs on the other one. Right now, should they choose or need to, cars could be used on either track (if there's a switch track that allows for it---I honestly don't know).

My last ride was in October 2006, and, yeah, it was quite rough.

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:00 am

YoshiFan wrote:I hope the new version is a lot smoother. My last ride was in December 2006 and it was so rough I almost had a headache, the only other coaster to give me a headache was Hercules.

I know it won't happen but I would have liked to have seen the 2 tracks completely different, keep 1 track as a regular not to intense coaster and make the other one a lot scarier, inversions, large drops, sharp banked turns etc.

I personally think Screamin and Rockin will be the most intense Disney coasters at parks owned by Disney. Now that I think about it the small rides kind of make Disney fun. If you have something that works( all the amazingly themed disney coasters) and have one of,if not the most popular theme parks on earth, why change anything. Besides, we don't want another mission 2 on our hands. :mickey: :mickey:

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:52 am

Thanks for the news, Adam. Good news indeed.

I was not thrilled when the rumor mill was churning up stories about a complete DLR redo. I like DLR's version, but there's still something about WDW's that gets me more excited.

It's gotten rough, but I still love it.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:56 am

The layout of the track will remain the same, however.

You can't see it, but I'm doing a happy dance right now! ::D

Other upgrades will include a new enclosure for the ride’s queuing area and a new ceiling inside its signature, white dome, Finger said.

Does this mean I won't be seeing the giant flying chocolate chip cookie in space anymore? ::(

“We’re retaining many of the classic elements that made Space Mountain a right of passage at the Magic Kingdom that’s been enjoyed by generations,” Finger said.

Again, I'm very happy about this. While I'm a huge fan of on-board audio, this is one coaster I'm happy to leave as is.

Scott "not embarrassed to say it's my favorite steelie" B.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:42 am

No Space Mountain this summer! I think I will vacation in Hawaii this summer instead of Florida!

FIRE HAIRED BOY

Postby krazekiddd » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:52 am

I'm so happy the layout won't be changing! I love this ride. I only go to WDW about once a year, but this is by far one of my favorite rides there. I can't compare it to DL, though that will change in August.

2007 TPR MidWest Tour | 2008 TPR East Coast Tour |2009 TPR West Coast Tour | 2010 TPR USA Trips | 2011 TPR Tokyo | 2012 Europe Trip

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby terrancew_hod » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:09 am

^I like the Disneyland version better than the sleds without the music at WDW. I would love that version in Florida, I would probably visit that park more... right now it's too crowded (for me) for I'm getting.

Terry
Terry's Revamped Website - Maybe I'll post the last day of my Midwest Trip Eventually!

My Myspace Page

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby SKULLY » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:13 am

After checking up on screamscape and the official WDW site, Disney indeed mentions a "pumping musical score" and synthesized sounds of space in the ride description. I can finally rest easy about this whole rehab now but let's just hope that the soundtrack is up to par with DL's and not another Red hot Chili Pepper attraction. :mickey:

On the contrary, I hope that they don't just set up some speakers throughout the building and call it on board audio. Could anybody else see that happening?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:49 am

^ I haven't heard them calling this "On Board Audio" at all. It could very well be enviornmental audio around the track.

--Robb

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!