Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Chroniq » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:29 pm

Always excited to see TPR be there on the bleeding edge of new ride introductions... A couple questions for those that have visited.. How is the little mermaid different from DCA? What's the interactive queue like?.. I've never ridden either, but I'm interested in hearing everyones' take on it. The Beauty & the beast section looks incredibly themed and a great foodie experience for our family, but does it offer anything for families without young children?
Tram Credits: 13502 Find me here: Chris Con

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby doom1001 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:07 pm

Got to see the dress rehearsal for the new Fantasyland today,was pleasantly surprised as I had no idea it would be open.The land looks great,really enjoyed the Little Mermaid and got to try the Butterbeer rival drink at Gaston's Tavern,it was like frozen soft applesauce with a light sweet foam,definitely more aimed at a younger crowd as I've never heard of a kid who doesn't like apple juice or apple sauce.That pork shank they have on the menu is like something out of the Flintstones,a huge bone with half meat and half grease,what was there to eat tasted good but I definitely won't be buying that again,a turkey leg is nowhere as messy.Can't wait for the dwarves coaster to open.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Bobby2889 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:09 am

Here's my opinion which probably doesn't matter. My mom is now 45 and went when she was just a child (can' really tell exactly when.) I am 23 and am dying to visit. To me the Que is only is only a pre-show and most people will only visit the attraction once. So as far as the complaints go this attraction is perfect. This isn't something that needs to be re-ridable. Most GP only get to go once.

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:46 pm

I was able to go today (Saturday) and pretty much see everything including the Be Our Guest restaurant.

The entire area is beautiful, and I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 rides on The Little Mermaid. (Wait...that didn't sound right!)

My only gripe (if you wanna call it that) is with LeFou's brew. Yes, I know it is served in Carsland. And I know it is Disney's attempt at Butterbeer. I just didn't care for the taste of it. Basically frozen apple juice. And the "foam" topping I had on mine had no flavor at all. I saw them serve the topping from a canister ie. whipped cream, but it didn't even taste like that. Probably too late to tweak the recipe, and people will buy it regardless.

Cannot wait to see this place at night!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby CMV » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:23 pm

Anyone bitching about a dark ride going up, anywhere, is a Grade A simpleton.
Mean Streak gave me cancer.
"I haven't stepped in a ring since 2004 and I have no wind, but I'd be able to outwork David Sammartino."
"Those kids were trying to smoke pot, so I repeatedly burst around the corner, pretending to take pictures of Magnum."
"Yeah, I think I'm done with the Demon."-CC, 2013
cmvenom.com

I rode a 400ft one, and I LOVED it!!

Location: In the least southern part of Georgia culture-wise.

Postby Her0ofLime » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:02 am

So, can anyone guess what the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train layout will be?
"No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me!"- Sonic The Hedgehog
  ▲
▲ ▲ For courage, wisdom, and power, I call upon the guide!
Watch as I work my gypsy magic, eye of a newt and cinnamon. Watch as the matter turns to batter, open the portal, jump in!
[url=http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41995]

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:51 am

There's going to be complaining about rides wherever you are, and I think sometimes California gets singled out because of the immense concentration of parks. You also have to remember that for every crazy Disney enthusiast, there's probably 3 dozen normal theme park enthusiasts.

Mermaid looks amazing in both parks. The facade for MK fits perfectly with the fantasy theme and the facade at DCA fits in perfectly with the Turn of the Century Pier theme. The MK facade would probably look incredibly weird in DCA and vice-versa. Plus the DCA version was place in a pretty compact spot to begin with.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:56 am

^I agree that the queue for each version of Mermaid has to fit in with their respective park. But I still think Florida got the better deal here. The same is true for the queues for Midway Mania (out in the sun for DCA, indoors and air-conditioned for DHS).
Last edited by cfc on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:16 pm.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:59 am

cfc wrote:^I agree that the queue for each version of Mermaid has to fit in with their respective park. But I still think Florida got the better deal here. The same is true for the queues Midway Mania (out in the sun for DCA, indoors and air-conditioned for DHS).

Completely agree with you there. TSMM and LM were more side projects for the DCA expansion when compared to their main focuses (WOC & Carsland), so they probably focused a lot less on the queue detailing.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:19 pm

I've always thought that the queue and building for California Adventure's Toy Story [Midway] Mania looked a lot better than Hollywood Studios' one. Under the Sea's queue looks 100 times better at Magic Kingdom though.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!