Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
It all started with a donkey

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby the ghost » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:46 pm

Admittedly I am a Disneyland fanboy... I don't even like MK as a park and Fantasyland was one of the reasons why because it used to look kind of like a lame county fair. After all of these updates it now looks absolutely amazing in every way and Enchanted Tales looks perfect for what Disney is looking for, a truly magical, interactive and innovative way for people to interact with their favorite characters. I hope some of this gets added soon to the West Coast because even if we get nothing of this scale it would be cool to see something like this in Mickey's and Minnie's respective houses in Toontown. This looks amazing!
:derek: TPR's resident ent!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Very impressive! The Cast Managers in the video were doing a great job keeping the story and plot going, but I could see where a less enthusiastic CM (especially after a long day) could make or break the whole experience.

It's hot outside, and I have a headache

Postby SLUSHIE » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:52 pm

The technology, theming, and all around encompassing experiences that Disney has been creating recently are simply amazing.

While this probably isn't something I'd ever do if I went to the park unless I was with some kids, the details are incredible. I hope they keep this standard for attractions in the future.

Looks like they had some problem with that water wheel, they cut a huge chunk out of it.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:22 pm

I'm very impressed with what has been shown so far of the new Fantasyland. It sounds like I may have to take a trip back out there to see this cool experience and the Snow White coaster when they open.

Also ghost I have to disagree with you, I hope they DON'T bring this to Disneyland. I want some incentive to visit the MK.
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby CoasterKings908 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:00 pm

Forget everything else, it's all about the mirror-portal-thing; it's freaking amazing! :mickey:
"I'm more enthusiastic for theme parks and crap than a six-year-old is for Christmas!"

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mknut389 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:31 pm

So is this a "general public" type attraction where anyone and everyone can decide to go without a special ticket of some sort, or is it something that only a select few can experience a day? I mean the whole attraction is quite lengthy and only allows 25 people at a time. Unless there are multiple simultaneous "shows" not only is it going to be straining for the cast members, but I can see no way of Disney satisfying the demand for such an awesome thing.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:47 pm

mknut389 wrote:So is this a "general public" type attraction where anyone and everyone can decide to go without a special ticket of some sort, or is it something that only a select few can experience a day? I mean the whole attraction is quite lengthy and only allows 25 people at a time. Unless there are multiple simultaneous "shows" not only is it going to be straining for the cast members, but I can see no way of Disney satisfying the demand for such an awesome thing.

You have to also remember that this is really early previews while they are in "tweak and adjust" mode. Who knows, maybe the final group will be 50 people... I don't know if they have multiple show rooms, etc, like they do for other Meet & Greets. Also remember there are three show rooms in the attraction, so whatever the final number in each room is, multiply that by 3. I'm sure they will continue to work on timing so it can be the highest capacity possible.

Right now, they are just making sure that all the basics "work" and then they will continue to get it right....

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Nyteowl » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:51 pm

Looks amazing so far! Hopefully I'll be able to make another trip to WDW someday to check it out. Hope you Orlando locals enjoy your new expansion! :)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:15 pm

Very well done--families should love it. The "magic portal" actually lives up to the description the park used in the video tour they posted some time back. I think the Fantasyland in Florida is well on its way to becoming the best one of the Disney parks.

It's hot outside, and I have a headache

Postby SLUSHIE » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:17 pm

mknut389 wrote:Unless there are multiple simultaneous "shows" not only is it going to be straining for the cast members...

The first thing I thought when watching this was how much it would suck it work this attraction. Having to repeat this over and over all day every 5 minutes or whatever and be all cheery n whatnot would drive me crazy. I've had jobs that were much more repetitive than this, but they allowed me to zone out if I needed to. These people have to be on it the whole time. I know there are a lot of crazies at Disney though that probably will love the job. I'm sure they rotate and stuff though and not be in the same spot for an 8 hour day, but this looks like one of those attractions where they expect you to be a robot.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!