Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:25 pm

We have posted the entire 24 hours report - each photo timestamped from when it was taken, in order from our "One More Disney Day" at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom - Check it out!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=116&linkid=11465

--Robb

POST YOUR COMMENTS about this report!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:47 pm

That looked like an epic day, wish I was there. I did Coastermania at Cedar Point one year and if I remember correctly I got to the parking lot around 6am and took my last ride on Millennium Force around 2am, so a 20 hour day, not quite 24 hours but a long day (I'd do it again in a second!).

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby omgitsmatt93 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:56 pm

Robb, I saw you guys a couple times when I was there! It was the best special event I think disney has ever held! Had to leave for a few hours to go to a casting interview. Ive been hired as a presenter in innoventions at epcot!
Can't everest be an intamin?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RoCo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:59 pm

Awesome wrap-up. Any visit to a Disney park that includes six rides on Space Mountain is good visit.

But in a couple of the later pictures, I can definitely feel the sleep-deprivation pain. ;)

Also, great to learn that if one ever wants to partake in this insanity, do it in Florida. Yikes.
"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:10 pm

Sir Clinksalot wrote:
beatle11 wrote:That looked amazing! In 4 years, whose up for hitting both MK and Disneyland on the same day? :b

Why do you have to wait 4 years? You can do this on pretty much any day assuming that DL is open until 8pm or later (and obviously depending on your flight).

We were going to do this on our last trip (got into LAX at 6pm) but decided not to. I know some people who have done it on a normal operating day.

Yeah, I did this once without even really meaning to. It was when I was still working at Disneyland and we were at Magic Kingdom in the morning, took a flight that afternoon, landed at LAX around 6pm, went down to DL to check my work schedule (they didn't have The Hub... Or even the Internet then!), and realized "oh, I was in the other Magic Kingdom this morning."

I honestly don't think doing both parks on different coasts in the same day is really a big deal. It can be done so easily, that I don't feel it should even be notable.

--Robb "One day I was at SFMM, KBF, and DL all in the same day and that's not really difficult either..." Alvey
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:11 pm.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Chroniq » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:19 pm

Congratulations to everyone that made it the entire 24. Thanks for sharing all of the photos. The Connolly family had a great time living vicariously through you guys.

chris "almost feels inspired to photoshop out the watermarks from the space mountain on ride photos" con
Tram Credits: 13502 Find me here: Chris Con

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:49 pm

robbalvey wrote:
--Robb "One day I was at SFMM, KBF, and DL all in the same day and that's not really difficult either..." Alvey

With LA Traffic, that actually seems like it'd be even harder than doing MK and DL in the same day. :p

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby BBparks57 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:31 pm

That makes sense, especially with that time change I guess getting from Orlando to Lax isn't to bad. I was able to do 2 rides in all Orlando parks one day, wasn't as impressive feeling as I had hoped. I do agree that this event was one that I enjoyed more then most other Disney Events.

Robb-Those cell phone charging breaks were a great idea, we did not think to bring ours which resulted in a cell phonless last few hours :roll:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mechanic » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:15 pm

I don't care what anyone says, that is one damn SEXY man! ;) Thanks for the report and congratulations for making it all 24 hours.

Every problem is a solution waiting to happen.

Postby jray21 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:29 pm

cfc wrote:Impressive--did you follow up by playing mini-golf at City Walk's new course at 8:00 am, or by passing out in some random ravine on the Disney property?

Well done!

Amy and I were planning to go, but no one else wanted to do it so we went to the hotel and slept. I do want to get there sometime this week.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!