Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 326 - Tron Construction Update!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:56 am

Rastuso wrote:One question: Were FPs still on? It'd be interesting to have a FP with a return window of 3:15-4:15 AM.

-RO

I think FastPasses stopped at 10ish or so, but they were still taking FastPasses up until closing.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby imagenius128 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:32 am

Yeah, from what I saw it just depended on the ride how late they gave out FPs for. I know Space Mountain had them going all the way until 4am when it closed, but I think ones like Snow White and Winnie the Pooh stopped them early, like 1-2am. I'm not 100% though, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Coasters: 49 / Parks: 12

I'm too lazy to go get one of the cool looking credit counters :P

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby beatle11 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:42 am

That looked amazing! In 4 years, whose up for hitting both MK and Disneyland on the same day? :b

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simon8899 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:45 am

^But only if you can reactivate a Concorde... ;)

Postby Gnome » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Quite frankly, the ammount of people inside disneyland was rediculous. I got through the gates at 10 and shortly after the park hit capacity. I didn't go on a single ride but I did talk to some people I hadn't seen in a long time and it was interesting watching the chaos unfold. I left around 1 and it looked like thousands of people were still trying to get in. Imo, disney would have been wise to have had dca open but I'm thinking that those in charge didn't expect to see the turnout that occurred for a 24 hour event in the middle of the week. General park merch and odv carts weren't selling much but lines for places like jolly holidays and popcorn carts were extremely long. I'd be interested to see if disney met or outperformed all of their financial goals with this little stunt.
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:13 pm

beatle11 wrote:That looked amazing! In 4 years, whose up for hitting both MK and Disneyland on the same day? :b

Why do you have to wait 4 years? You can do this on pretty much any day assuming that DL is open until 8pm or later (and obviously depending on your flight).

We were going to do this on our last trip (got into LAX at 6pm) but decided not to. I know some people who have done it on a normal operating day.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby crazydaveh » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:31 pm

Congrats on making it the entire 24 hours! I struggled just by arriving at 7 last night and staying till 1 this morning! Needless to say, I'm not getting a lot done at work right now! Hope you're getting some rest!
Beer... It helps coasters go higher and faster!

Dave

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/78611756e2677af30ecbe7f169e00926.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/32a684dcd0f18289ee3e5a31292b8f5a.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby RaptorBoyASU » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:15 pm

Screw getting voted out of the Magic Kingdom. I vote Adam out of LIFE.

Fan Boy Fail!
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/739c34fae57621ed909958976488d6e4.jpg[/img][/url]

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:22 pm

Jen and I were there from 7 till just after midnight, and the crowds were pretty crazy at that point in the night. Either way, got a few rides on some of my old favorites and had a great time. Not sure how in the world you guys lasted 24 hours, I was done after 5!

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby BBparks57 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:24 pm

Although I did not get to see the TPR Madness, I did enjoy the one more Disney Day. I was sad to not be one of the 3,000 to get the hats...but fortunately they were handing all the extras out at The Town Square Theater at the end of the night. The park did seem to get a little busy in the evening and I even found my self surprised at how many people stuck it out until 6. Some cast members did the whole Fly to Lax and hit the other park which seems fun. A very succesful event and I really hope they do another one....maybe all 4 parks :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!