Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 982 - Park reopening 6/29
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby Midgetman82 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:01 pm

Only paid fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo are the mega size ones near the park entrance and in the water park. Virtually all rides have cubbies or lil bins in the station or ride platform to put your stuff in.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Flickr | YouTube | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:59 pm

DBru wrote:^Oh totally! I’ve ridden them both, as well. Great rides! I just find the experience to be quite similar to both Lightning Run and Storm Chaser. I’d love to see a gimmick (read: launch) added, but I haven’t seen any hard evidence of RMC making that available for the Raptors, yet.

RMC didn't do so hot with the last launched coaster opening. Granted, it was the first wooden launch coaster, but still...

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby teacherkim » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:08 pm

So we are gonna make a stop on 7/28. Will let everyone know how it goes.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ratdogg68 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:24 pm

Went to the park yesterday, for their opening day. Entry was quick, they took your temp then you proceed to the entry gate. Most people were social distancing, but only about 20% were wearing mask. All employees were wearing masks, and there were Hand Sanitizer stations all over the park and at the exit of every ride. Saw several employees out cleaning all day long, more so then normal. All rides were open, except for the Raging Rapids. The Giant Wheel, 5D Theater and Bumper Cars will remain closed all summer. All the coaster were loading every other row and flats would let families sit next to each other but would put empty seats between groups. Wait times was anywhere from 10-20 minutes for most rides. Everything went well, except for occasional first day break downs. The old part of the water park was open yesterday and the new part will open starting Friday. Deluge will not run this Summer, social distancing wouldn't work on that they say. Going back Sunday to hit the water park.
105510882_10158293304019323_5919384010886505970_o.jpg
New mural by Hurricane Bay
Let the Riding begin

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ilyf » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:39 pm

this makes a lot of six flags style

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:07 pm

When’s the last time Deluge actually operated?

Postby prozach626 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:12 pm

ilyf wrote:this makes a lot of six flags style

?

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby The username » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:04 am

At the park today and Storm Chaser just closed to replace a screen*??? That's all they told me, no idea when it will open back up? Has this happened to anyone else? Any idea if the ride will open back up before the park closes?

Update: Matinence says it's probably gonna be closed for a while "not for the the rest of the season, but it won't be back up today"

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:08 pm

Touch screen on the operators panel?
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:33 pm

The username wrote:At the park today and Storm Chaser just closed to replace a screen*??? That's all they told me, no idea when it will open back up? Has this happened to anyone else? Any idea if the ride will open back up before the park closes?

Update: Matinence says it's probably gonna be closed for a while "not for the the rest of the season, but it won't be back up today"

Pretty sure I met you at Lightning Run (I was in the El Toro shirt) and thanks again for warning me it was down for the day before I made the hike all the way back there. At least Lightning Run is a great way to end the day!
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Holiday World & Indiana Beach

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!