Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 982 - Park reopening 6/29
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Fri May 29, 2020 11:59 am

cal1br3tto wrote:
DBru wrote:
Jason Maier wrote:Quick question:

I know T3 has newish trains with different restraints. Is the ride still as bad as any other SLC?

It's definitely not AS bad as SLC's with the old restraints, in that the side-to-side headbanging is eliminated. But the trains still don't track well, so you'll still be tossed and shuffled around, and the lap restraint gets tighter and tighter throughout the course, making the brake-run quite uncomfortable.

What he said. It does seem to be a matter of opinion, but I consider it as bad or worse because of the tightening restraints.

Honestly, I find T3's trains worse than standard SLCs. Growing up riding Kong at SFDK, I got pretty good at bracing so that I could ride without hitting my head too badly, but I don't see any way I can ride T3 and not get hurt. Every time I've ridden T3, I've felt hurt the rest of the day. :vekoma:
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Fri May 29, 2020 2:09 pm

VF15 wrote:The park has confirmed a June 29th Opening Day.

Nice of the park to honor current passholders with extending into the 2021 season as well!

Full news release
Louisville, Kentucky, May 29, 2020: Kentucky Kingdom has lowered its admission prices for the upcoming season. General admission tickets are now $29.95. Season passes, which include free parking and many in-park discounts, are now priced at only $49.95. Season passes and general admission tickets are now available online at kentuckykingdom.com.

Concerning the 15,000 guests who have already purchased their 2020 season passes, Ed Hart, President and CEO said, “We are especially grateful to our loyal season pass holders who have been so patient as we awaited notice from the Governor’s task force on reopening the park. We want to thank these pass holders for their patience by honoring their “early bird” season passes not only for the 2020 season, but for the 2021 season as well.”

The 2-day discount for enthusiasts with free drinks still works too: https://kentuckykingdom.com/ilovecoasters
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Flickr | YouTube | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Fri May 29, 2020 2:34 pm

So does that mean Beech bend can also open?
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Fri May 29, 2020 3:07 pm

A very good question. They have a statement on social distancing once opened too, but nothing said on when they can. https://www.beechbend.com/amusement-park/park-hours/
We plan on making up for lost time by adding more open days in August if school calendars permit us to do so. We will be announcing more value-added benefits for season pass holders when we are given an official opening date. For season pass holders that choose not to use their season pass in 2020, the pass will automatically be rolled over to 2021.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Flickr | YouTube | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Postby DILinator » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:53 pm

I don't plan on ever riding T3 again. Ever. Sitting on that brake run, thinking my legs were about to be severed from my body is still very present on my mind. So while not having my head beat around was nice, ultimately, the coaster was still a disaster, from my standpoint. My oldest kid feels the same way. I've told my younger two kids that when we go this year (assuming we do), that they're on their own if they want to ride it to get the credit! :lol:

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:08 am

It's funny. I tend to have a very low pain threshold, yet all these coasters that people say are very painful I have never felt any pain from. The only coasters I've actually felt pain from were Green Lantern at Great Adventure and Mind Eraser at Six Flags New England. I actually rode T3 a few times when I went to Kentucky Kingdom a few years ago and quite enjoyed it.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby WolfBobs » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:01 am

I have no experience on T3. I purposely avoid it when I visit the park. I am not that big of a credit whore I need to put my body through torture just for a credit. I've ridden enough Vekoma SLCs of that time period in Vekomas history to know what kind of ride experience I will get.

I did really enjoy the one that was at GL, commonly considered the best one of the era. I also really enjoyed the re-tracked Nor'easter at Morey's. Other than those two rides I have not had a good experience on any other one.

That said, please bring new Vekoma to the States! Someone, anyone! I would even be okay if KK wanted to let Vekoma re-track T3 like they did with the Nor'Easter.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:50 am

I prefer the T3 trains to the standard SLC trains since they do eliminate headbanging, but the ride is still awful because of how poorly it tracks and shakes you around. For me personally, the issue with T3 is how it tracks as opposed to the trains.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Nickelodeon Universe (MN) & Family Kingdom

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby EDUMaster » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:17 am

T3 really isn't as bad as enthusiast make it out to be. It is way better now than with the old restraints. GP love the ride and praise the intensity, which is why you will find that it usually has the longest line in the park even with the fastest ops (besides Kentucky Flyer) of the coasters. I am willing to bet though that the park would not go with the Kumbak and instead with the new generation Vekoma restraints. I agree it is not the best coaster but I don't believe it deserves as much hate as it gets.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:26 am

Counterpoint: F*ck that ride. Possibly the worst SLC ever. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!