Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 982 - Park reopening 6/29
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:39 am

I'll be there this Friday for their Halloween event! I'm so excited. If all goes well, Storm Chaser will be my friend's #50th coaster and he is beyond excited. I haven't been to the park while it's operating since Fall, 2016, so I'm excited for more Lightning Run and Storm Chaser rides (sans losing my keys :lol: ).

One question: does the park accept online tickets pulled up on my phone or do I need to print my tickets? I couldn't figure it out online.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby sfkk » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:00 pm

^You can pull them up on your phone and they will scan it at the gate!

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:00 am

Got to try out the mazes at media night last night, and enjoyed them quite a lot! It's 50/50 from what I can tell on what's the crowd favorite, but my personal favorite haunt maze was definitely Zombie Wasteland. The food at the event was also fantastic, and there's more than plenty of spicy food options available. Friday the 13th 5D was also as I expected, with all the violence, gore, and jumpscares you come to expect from the movie, with added 3d glasses and motion seats.

Can't wait to be back when the rides are also open. The park looked fantastic in the dark!
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Flickr | YouTube | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ratdogg68 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:42 am

Went to the opening night of Halloscream, with two of my girlfriends. Kentucky Kingdom did a good job, on the return of Halloscream. There is not to much Halloween props, through the park, just rides in the dark. Most of Halloscream takes place in the Picnic pavilions and the plaza area between the waterpark. The 2 Haunted Houses, Die Laughing, A Clown Funeral and Zombie Wasteland are located in some of the pavilions and the shopping Bazaar in another. They had some really cool " Selfie Props " in the Bizarre Bazaar. The Mardi Grave, dance party, was in the plaza area in Hurricane Bay. There is a stage, with a Zombie D.J. playing music and Zombies out dancing in the laser lights and Fog. All in all it's a great start,to the return of Halloscream.
Halloscream Entrance.jpg
Most of my pictures had me and my girls in them. So this entrance photo is all I will post.
Let the Riding begin

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:15 pm

Last night was pretty eerie arriving to the park so late and all of the dry rides still operating. Considering I'm most used to not being at the fairgrounds when it's dark out, and it also wasn't super clear that the park was open for nighttime rides due to how fairly dark it was in the park as well. Still, with all the major rides running it was pretty cool nonetheless!

Storm Chaser at night was absolutely bonkers and absolutely worth coming out to the park alone to try! So awesome being able to see less and feeling like it's running faster than daytime! The exact same could be said for Lightning Run as well, though it wasn't the first time I've ridden that at night! Operations got a lil funky when we realized (after arriving around 9pm) the thrill rides would close at 10pm, so there was only the haunt activities and houses to experience after for the last two hours (which with the lines for the haunts was enough time, I think). We saved the haunted houses for last and hit up Lightning Run, then twice on Storm Chaser before we wandered to the haunt area.

Compared to media night, Zombie Wasteland was EXTRA dark and loud, which made for a much more memorable walk through! Ed had mentioned at media day that planning for the whole haunt started to take place in July, and I absolutely have to commend the park on the outstanding work they did with it all considering the extremely tight deadline to meet for the park and for Oak Island Creative. I plan to be back for more night rides in a couple weeks.
20191005_211235.jpg
The second trains were fully removed from LR and SC, so one train ops, but still not too bad of a wait.
20191005_212742.jpg
Love the cobwebs and colored lights in each station!
20191005_213944.jpg
This was easily the most beautiful part of the park, imo. This was coming across the crosswalk path towards Thunder Run.
20191005_214133.jpg
The moon overlooking thunder run!
20191005_214156.jpg
Bella Musica carousel in it's full lit-up glory! Definitely a rarity to see that was worth appreciating!
20191005_214221.jpg
So, fun fact: I did not know Flying Dutchman had lights on it! Guess I never looked hard enough up there.
20191005_220321.jpg
Ending the night of rides with the very last train of the night on Storm Chaser in front row! While no rides are pitch black, it is definitely a much different experience and thrill trying these coasters when theres much less lights on! After this, we went to the 2 haunted houses.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Flickr | YouTube | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:50 pm

Those are some excellent photos!!
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ratdogg68 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:20 pm

You got some great pics, loved it
Let the Riding begin

Postby prozach626 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:06 pm

Great pictures! I snagged the Thunder Run picture as my laptop background.

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:06 pm

I love those pictures, Midgetman82!! :lover:

I also have a TR from the event on Friday night. What I don't have in quality I make up for in quantity (hopefully?) and some descriptions of my experience of the mazes.

I'm doing this thing now where I'm trying to keep them all in one thread, so here it is.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:43 pm

Looks like a fun event! Agreed on Cyclos and the Flyers. Love all the Mardi Gras stuff...very cool.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!