Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 786
Joined: 19 Jan 2017
Location: Florida
Gender: Male

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby bgtlover » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:20 pm

VF15 wrote:Trip planning question, how much time is necessary for a visit to Kentucky Kingdom? I’m planning a Holiday World-Kentucky Kingdom-Kings Island Trip for next month and wondering if Kentucky Kingdom is a park I should plan to spend a full day at or if I can ride all the coasters & best flats in a few hours and then head to Kings Island.


I went on a Saturday in June last year and finished in less than 3 hours (the water park was packed however).
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:
Image

Online
I love donkeys more than me.
User avatar
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: 26 Aug 2014
Location: West Michigan
Gender: Male

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby grsupercity » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:02 am

I needed a full at Kentucky Kingdom. We loved Lightning Run, Storm Chaser and the water park. We left Holiday World after about 5 hours. The wooden triplets did us in
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 14 Dec 2016
Gender: None specified

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby EDUMaster » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:10 pm

Hearing rumors from my buddies at the park that Proslide was there the other day. Early rumblings around the park is that Deluge and Mt. Slide Hai will be going away to create room for a new Proslide water coaster. In addition, I'm hearing T3 will be running with one train the rest of the year as the other train became a parts train. On the plus side T3 has a very fast crew this year but they can only do so much when the ride takes 2-2:30 minutes to complete the cycle and the train can only hold 14 people. Hopefully they will get the second train back sometime later this summer as every time I've gone this summer it has been a full station wait or more at T3 which can easily be 30-40 minutes. Overall the park seems relatively busy this summer compared to last which is a good sign and the public LOVES Kentucky Flyer, the amount of happy kids and parents coming off that thing and going for re-rides is insane :lmao:

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6642
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:10 am

Usually I'm not a big Twitter guy, but the back and forth between Kentucky Kingdom and Universal over the past 24 hours has been gold.

Link to Twitter
KK.JPG
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Image
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6642
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:12 am

EDUMaster wrote:Hearing rumors from my buddies at the park that Proslide was there the other day. Early rumblings around the park is that Deluge and Mt. Slide Hai will be going away to create room for a new Proslide water coaster. In addition, I'm hearing T3 will be running with one train the rest of the year as the other train became a parts train. On the plus side T3 has a very fast crew this year but they can only do so much when the ride takes 2-2:30 minutes to complete the cycle and the train can only hold 14 people. Hopefully they will get the second train back sometime later this summer as every time I've gone this summer it has been a full station wait or more at T3 which can easily be 30-40 minutes. Overall the park seems relatively busy this summer compared to last which is a good sign and the public LOVES Kentucky Flyer, the amount of happy kids and parents coming off that thing and going for re-rides is insane :lmao:


Didn't two trains on T3 collide at one point last year? I wonder if that has something to do with it as well.

I did find it odd Deluge was closed when I was there a few weeks ago since I love that slide.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Image
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 4896
Joined: 23 Dec 2011
Location: Austin, Tx
Gender: Male
Age: 52

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:13 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Usually I'm not a big Twitter guy, but the back and forth between Kentucky Kingdom and Universal over the past 24 hours has been gold.

Link to Twitter



:nina: :nina: :nina:
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 7313
Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Location: These Ozarks Hills
Gender: Male
Age: 34

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:41 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Usually I'm not a big Twitter guy, but the back and forth between Kentucky Kingdom and Universal over the past 24 hours has been gold.

Link to Twitter

Oh that is amazing. :lol:
Image

Donkeys are my way of life!
User avatar
 
Posts: 548
Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Location: Jeffersonville, IN
Gender: Male
Age: 51

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby ratdogg68 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:15 am

Deluge opened this week
Let the Riding begin

Image

Is my pee supposed to be this color?
User avatar
 
Posts: 2786
Joined: 29 Nov 2009
Location: Where the grass is blue.
Gender: Male
Age: 25

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby Midgetman82 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:11 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Didn't two trains on T3 collide at one point last year? I wonder if that has something to do with it as well.

I wouldn't think that would be a direct cause of single-train ops this season since, iirc, the coaster finished last season with two train ops.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6642
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:04 pm

Midgetman82 wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:Didn't two trains on T3 collide at one point last year? I wonder if that has something to do with it as well.

I wouldn't think that would be a direct cause of single-train ops this season since, iirc, the coaster finished last season with two train ops.


Ok thanks. I know most on this site aren't the biggest fans of T3 and would love to see that ride ripped out, but it does always seem to have a wait and it could really benefit from a second operational train.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Image
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron