Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby bgtlover » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:20 pm

VF15 wrote:Trip planning question, how much time is necessary for a visit to Kentucky Kingdom? I’m planning a Holiday World-Kentucky Kingdom-Kings Island Trip for next month and wondering if Kentucky Kingdom is a park I should plan to spend a full day at or if I can ride all the coasters & best flats in a few hours and then head to Kings Island.

I went on a Saturday in June last year and finished in less than 3 hours (the water park was packed however).
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:02 am

I needed a full at Kentucky Kingdom. We loved Lightning Run, Storm Chaser and the water park. We left Holiday World after about 5 hours. The wooden triplets did us in
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby EDUMaster » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:10 pm

Hearing rumors from my buddies at the park that Proslide was there the other day. Early rumblings around the park is that Deluge and Mt. Slide Hai will be going away to create room for a new Proslide water coaster. In addition, I'm hearing T3 will be running with one train the rest of the year as the other train became a parts train. On the plus side T3 has a very fast crew this year but they can only do so much when the ride takes 2-2:30 minutes to complete the cycle and the train can only hold 14 people. Hopefully they will get the second train back sometime later this summer as every time I've gone this summer it has been a full station wait or more at T3 which can easily be 30-40 minutes. Overall the park seems relatively busy this summer compared to last which is a good sign and the public LOVES Kentucky Flyer, the amount of happy kids and parents coming off that thing and going for re-rides is insane :lmao:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:10 am

Usually I'm not a big Twitter guy, but the back and forth between Kentucky Kingdom and Universal over the past 24 hours has been gold.

Link to Twitter
KK.JPG
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:12 am

EDUMaster wrote:Hearing rumors from my buddies at the park that Proslide was there the other day. Early rumblings around the park is that Deluge and Mt. Slide Hai will be going away to create room for a new Proslide water coaster. In addition, I'm hearing T3 will be running with one train the rest of the year as the other train became a parts train. On the plus side T3 has a very fast crew this year but they can only do so much when the ride takes 2-2:30 minutes to complete the cycle and the train can only hold 14 people. Hopefully they will get the second train back sometime later this summer as every time I've gone this summer it has been a full station wait or more at T3 which can easily be 30-40 minutes. Overall the park seems relatively busy this summer compared to last which is a good sign and the public LOVES Kentucky Flyer, the amount of happy kids and parents coming off that thing and going for re-rides is insane :lmao:

Didn't two trains on T3 collide at one point last year? I wonder if that has something to do with it as well.

I did find it odd Deluge was closed when I was there a few weeks ago since I love that slide.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan

Postby bert425 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:13 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Usually I'm not a big Twitter guy, but the back and forth between Kentucky Kingdom and Universal over the past 24 hours has been gold.

Link to Twitter

:nina: :nina: :nina:
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:41 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Usually I'm not a big Twitter guy, but the back and forth between Kentucky Kingdom and Universal over the past 24 hours has been gold.

Link to Twitter

Oh that is amazing. :lol:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ratdogg68 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:15 am

Deluge opened this week
Let the Riding begin

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:11 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Didn't two trains on T3 collide at one point last year? I wonder if that has something to do with it as well.

I wouldn't think that would be a direct cause of single-train ops this season since, iirc, the coaster finished last season with two train ops.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:04 pm

Midgetman82 wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:Didn't two trains on T3 collide at one point last year? I wonder if that has something to do with it as well.

I wouldn't think that would be a direct cause of single-train ops this season since, iirc, the coaster finished last season with two train ops.

Ok thanks. I know most on this site aren't the biggest fans of T3 and would love to see that ride ripped out, but it does always seem to have a wait and it could really benefit from a second operational train.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!