Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:21 am

^It's been 50 years since we've been to the Stanley Cup Finals. You have to give us this one. I had an incredible time at the game.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby bluestreak » Thu May 23, 2019 8:21 am

prozach626 wrote:^It's been 50 years since we've been to the Stanley Cup Finals. You have to give us this one. I had an incredible time at the game.

Rooting for you guys. Please beat the Bruins. I hate them so much lol.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:25 am

Out of curiosity, do they ever run two trains on Lightning Run? Pretty much everything was a walk-on this past weekend except Lightning Run, which was only using one train. The same thing happened for my visit last year on Labor Day weekend.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:46 am

Yep, they have and usually still do. I don't know how they constitute when to bring on a second train tho, because they plan that out before the day starts and rarely ever add a second train during the day (likely due to how long it takes to do so).
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:52 am

^ Thanks! I've only seen the second train on once and oddly it was the one time I visited on a weekday.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan

Postby VF15 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:15 am

Trip planning question, how much time is necessary for a visit to Kentucky Kingdom? I’m planning a Holiday World-Kentucky Kingdom-Kings Island Trip for next month and wondering if Kentucky Kingdom is a park I should plan to spend a full day at or if I can ride all the coasters & best flats in a few hours and then head to Kings Island.
Valleyfair Ride Operator
2016 - Wild Thing
2017 - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Cedar Point Ride Operator
2019 - Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:56 am

Are you planning on doing the water park? If you cut that out, I think Kentukcy Kingdom can comfortably be done in a half day although I could have easily spent more.

Get there at opening and ride Lightning Run a few times. This past Sunday, that was the longest line by far at a half hour. Storm Chaser, Thunder Run, and Kentucky Flyer never had more than a 5-10 minute wait. I rode T3 early, but I could see that one getting a bit of a queue with the single short train.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby mikeykaise » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:51 am

Kentucky Flyer won't que too much, the ride itself is only like 30-50 secs out and back so it's a pretty quick return to the station and they have 2 trains so there may be a short line but it doesn't take long to get on the trains.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:44 am

Kentucky Flyer was the only thing running two trains so that was by far the fastest moving coaster line.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby mikeykaise » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:50 am

I love Kentucky Kingdom and really the slow ops is the only real thing that kills it. I went to the water park and they had one lifeguard at the top of a complex managing 3 slides. I felt so sorry for the woman. The River Rapids ride only had 2 ops working on it, the Tin Lizzies had one college age girl working it and she was running from the entrance to the exit and then pulling the cars up.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!