Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 944: Kentucky Flyer construction updated posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Macaroni and Donkey

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby TheSkysTheLimit » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:36 pm

It would be nice to see a new addition to the Water Park next to refresh Hurricane Bay a little bit, After Four Years since the expansion.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby mikeykaise » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:17 pm

WDRB just posted KK's announcement for 2018:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Kentucky Kingdom plans two new rides and two new attractions next season.

In a release, the park announced a new thrill ride called Scream Xtreme and a new family ride called Rock 'n Roller.

Two new films are being added to the 5D Cinema. The first look at the "Happy Family, The Ride" film is of an animated family complete with a Frankenstein. The second film is "Journey 2: Mysterious Island," which stars Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Kentucky Kingdom also plans to do extensive track work on the park's classic wooden coaster, "Thunder Run." Other upgrades for the park include new cabanas near the giant wave pool, more shade structures and new seating throughout the park.

President and CEO Ed Hart said in a release that the park had a record 2017 season drawing more than 9,000 visitors a day during the summer peak. More than 30 percent of those guests came from surrounding states.

Hart said when he and his partners, Ed Glasscock, Bruce Lunsford, and the Al J. Schneider Company, reopened the park in 2014 it had a total of 27 theme and water park rides. After an investment of $70 million, the park now has 70 rides and attractions.

Season passes for 2018 go on sale on the Kentucky Kingdom website on Friday, Nov. 3 for $69.95. Season passes include unlimited admission, free parking, $1 soft drinks and discounted food and merchandise. Free tubes for the water park and free sunscreen are offered to all Kentucky Kingdom guests. Additional discounts are included in the early bird season passes. Details can be found on the park website.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/36750528/kentucky-kingdom-adds-4-new-attractions-for-2018-season

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby The Great Zo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:40 pm

Happy Family is a Mack Media production. The TPR group saw it at Europa in 2016. Interesting that it's coming state-side. I think they're doing a feature-length release of the film as well.
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ratdogg68 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:05 pm

Scream Extreme, is a new generation Enterprise, to replace the old one. Curious to see what the other ride is. They said the older watersildes in Hurricane Bay were going away, but they didn't say anything about them. Maybe a New Watercoaster, huh?
Let the Riding begin

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby mikeykaise » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:11 pm

ratdogg68 wrote:Scream Extreme, is a new generation Enterprise, to replace the old one. Curious to see what the other ride is. They said the older watersildes in Hurricane Bay were going away, but they didn't say anything about them. Maybe a New Watercoaster, huh?

I'm wondering if they are going to take out that whole ride complex and put the cabanas there.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby bluestreak » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:05 pm

This is on the park website.
Screenshot_20171102-185716.png
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:27 pm

The Zamperla Endeavor is a fun ride.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bgtlover » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:23 pm

I'm excited for Xstream Scream. I haven't been on one of those yet so I'll get the chance when I visit in June.
Coaster Count: 128
Top 10:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser
6-Mako...7-Montu...8-Kraken...9-Diamondback...10-Twisted Cyclone

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:51 am

I love this park and it keeps getting better!
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby bigcwd2000 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:05 am

I am very happy to see this park continue to do well. Looks like some nice additions for next season. I look forward to my future visits to this park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!