Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby EnglndPatriots6 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:52 pm

I dont think you can. But yo get to it now, you have to enter the waterpark. But you should be able to get on it in your street clothes, I believe. I've never ridden it so i wouldnt really know.

I have severe vegetarian

Postby CreditCrazy » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:58 pm

monsterfan99 wrote:Got a question for those that have been to SFKK. Is the park worth a visit over a 4th day at Universal Studios FL? We are thinking about stopping on the way down or back, but unsure of if it is worth it.

Thanks

No, I would not say it is worth the visit. The only way I would recommend this park is if you really want 6 more credits.

I think Six Flags would be better off selling SFKK (and SFA), and giving some of their rides to other Six Flags parks.

When I visited SFKK for the first time a couple weeks ago, it was horrible. Every coaster except Roadrunner ran one train, and when the trains on the coasters finally would come in the station, the ride operators would just be talking to each other and were in no hurry to open gates/check restraints/send the trains out.

IMO, it's just a bad park that is ruining Six Flags' reputation.

Postby EnglndPatriots6 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:11 pm

CreditCrazy wrote:
monsterfan99 wrote:Got a question for those that have been to SFKK. Is the park worth a visit over a 4th day at Universal Studios FL? We are thinking about stopping on the way down or back, but unsure of if it is worth it.

Thanks

No, I would not say it is worth the visit. The only way I would rocommend this park is if you really want 6 more credits.

I think Six Flags would be better off selling SFKK (and SFA), and giving some of their rides to other Six Flags parks.

When I visited SFKK for the first time a couple weeks ago, it was horrible. Every coaster except Roadrunner ran one train, and when the trains on the coasters finally would come in the station, the ride operators would just be talking to each other and were in no hurry to open gates/check restraints/send the trains out.

Its not a bad park. Its very popular. And like i said If this park closes, down goes Louisville's revenue. And we need it especially if they are gonna try to build a new Arena for UL basketball, 2 new bridges for those stuck up east enders -.- and all this other crap, KY and the city are throwing their money at. The only thing qrong with KK is that they got a bad rep because of 1 accident that wasnt even six flags fault.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby coasterbilly » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:28 pm

Hmm reading this thread pretty closely because I'm stopping by this place in 2 weeks before Holiday World. I was wondering what was going down with Twisted Twins (now I know). Overall, seriously, haven't heard much about Chang, how is it?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:31 pm

We actually had a GREAT visit there two years ago. Now, a lot can change in two years, but still, here is the update we did from that trip:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/midwest2 ... gdom01.htm

--Robb

Postby EnglndPatriots6 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:37 pm

Sadly, They just shipped all the twisted twins trains to SFSL to be scrapped more then likely. I suspect the log ride, the kid rides, and TT will be demolished this offseason.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sccard01 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:17 pm

CreditCrazy wrote:

Thanks

No, I would not say it is worth the visit. The only way I would rocommend this park is if you really want 6 more credits.

Sfkk is not a bad park. Six flags has ruin this park rep. B4 this park was sixflags, kings island and kk was about on the same level, and ever since sf came, da park hast got a desent new fresh coaster not use from another park (greezed lightin), also sf took out many of this park rides b4 sixflags took over. also i wld like to say sf only put into this park grezzed lightin, mega wedgie,tornado and deluge since 2003, everything else was invested by this parks very first owner or ed hart.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sccard01 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:22 pm

i ment sixflags took out many rides over the years the previous owners put in the park

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:48 pm

EnglndPatriots6 wrote:Sadly, They just shipped all the twisted twins trains to SFSL to be scrapped more then likely. I suspect the log ride, the kid rides, and TT will be demolished this offseason.

First of all, the kiddie rides in the Northwest Territory section of the park have been gone for at least 5 years now. The only things that remain in that area are Mile High Falls (not a log ride), the Twins, Zeppelin (flat), and a small stage.

Back when the Northwest Territory was first closed off, the park said that they were going to rehab MHF...and I believe that. When I was last at the park, there were workers walking up and down the lift, the boats were still in the station, and the splash pool had been drained and cleaned out.

However, I said it in 2007, and I'll say it again now---good riddance, Twisted Twins. In its later years of operation, the shuffling on that ride was getting unbearable. I couldn't believe how the cars bounced from side to side, the way they were doing. I do love the look of those trains, though, and I believe they were the very first wooden coaster rolling stock from Gerstlauer. (But please, SFStL, don't put them on the Eagle!)

Robb, the park has been steadily improving since 2005. I'm glad you all enjoyed your visit, and if EVERYONE went to the park with an open mind, I'm sure they would have a good time there, as well. My only beef with Six Flags is that they seem to remove a major ride (or two) EVERY YEAR, yet never seem to replace it.

In a little more than a decade, the following rides have been removed from the park:
-HUSS Ranger
-Schwarzkopf Indoor Jetstar
-Vekoma Boomerang (Vampire)
-Wet/Dry slides
-Kids indoor play area
-HUSS Swing Around
-Numerous childrens' rides
-Chance Chaos
-Vekoma Wakiki Wave
-Intamin 2nd Gen Freefall
-HUSS Rainbow

I would be completely SHOCKED if someone could inform me of another park that has removed that many rides in such a short period of time (without closing). Now, I'm all for replacing old rides with new ones...but the problem is, nothing's getting replaced!

I still have faith in the park, as it indeed turns a profit every year (according to multiple sources), but I'm really hoping to see the park make much more progress in the near future.

Monsterfan, you should definitely take the time to visit the park on your way back home. It is a unique place, and though some don't like that aspect of it, others love it...and you might be one of the latter. Thunder Run is a fun wooden coaster with loads of airtime, and Chang is a great B&M with multiple moments of airtime while still providing a MUCH smoother ride than Mantis. (Plus, there is really no need to spend 4 full days at Universal.) Have a fun trip!

DelGrosso's Sauce + Enterprise = VOMIT!

Postby Wood Dragon 1988 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:18 pm

I had a lot of fun there in 2006...but then again there was a bit more to do back then (Twisted Twins, Mile High Falls, Hellevator, etc).

It is a unique place, and though some don't like that aspect of it, others love it

That's a good way to put it. SFKK doesn't have a grand entrance like KD or Canada's Wonderland, it doesn't have any well-themed areas and hardly any well-themed rides, it's split in two by a road, and it was, and still is I believe, home to the state fair. So it's a unique place, and I think none of those things I mentioned goes against the park in any way. It's a decent local park with a nice southern comfort type feel to it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!