Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:05 pm

Sad to see the ride go, but I expected it's days were numbered when the whole section of the park it is in was closed off. The ride took up a large area, but it didn't seem to do much. Sure it was fun, but it just seemed pretty tame when I rode it in 2006. However, it was one of the smoothest wooden coasters I've ridden even with the dreaded g-trains. Hopefully a euro-fighter, mega-lite, or GCI takes it's place.

I like Kentucky Kingdom, but it has some problems that need to be fixed.

What I think SFKK needs
-new paint and trains for T2
-a few new large flats
-dark ride
-new major coaster
-clean up area around Chang
-multi-train operation would also help on some rides

Kentucky Kingdom has potential, and while it won't be able to match Kings Island because of space limitations and Kings island's better reputation(although Six Flags doesn't seem to have a good reputation with the GP in general), it can still pull guests in who might have considered going to Holiday World instead. (sorry Paula)

Edit: ^ While I'd be sad to see it go, it probably wouldn't be missed much. Those who live in the area are lucky in that they would still have Holiday World, Kings Island, and Beech Bend. I have family down in Kentucky, and they've never been to Kentucky Kingdom, but go to Kings Island instead despite the fact that it is just as easy if not easier to get to Kentucky Kingdom. I think that describes the parks ability to survive if nothing happens to the park in terms of major investments.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:49 pm

As the screamscape article also mentions, the trains for Mega Zeph were sent to SF St. Louis as well.

Right now The Boss and Medusa at SF Mexico "I think" are the only two Six Flags CCI's running Gerstlauer trains. Could these trains be so bad where they need replacement parts quite often or does it mean something more? I think so.

Or think about this, with New Orleans complaining about Six Flags removing rides, could it be that they'll just ship the Zeph trains back down there again. (not the wisest idea, but it get them off their back... Mega Zeph won't ever run again, anyway.)

I think Twisted Twins is a goner. It took up a lot of room and needed several attendants to keep it running, plus, it rarely ever ran both sides anyway and add the fact that it was way back in East Jesus.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby EnglndPatriots6 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:25 pm

My god -.- The ride is going to be demoed this off-season i can tell you that. This irratates me so much.

Why i cant have one ride that doesnt kill me(thunder run, T2) i dont know. They better be replacing the whole back section with something new, and really good.

This park really generates a lot of revenue for the city of louisville and if this goes, Louisville will be hurting.

Marching band is for awkward kids.

Postby fisher1095 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:30 pm

I think SFKK would be one of the last SF parks to get something new and good... If, SF ever gets back on its feet.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby technfxrick » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:56 pm

IDK, i think SFA is the red headed step child of SF, that parks just in the dumps

New Coasters 101
Parks 84

Marching band is for awkward kids.

Postby fisher1095 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:13 pm

Well, SFKK is just as bad, wouldn't you say?

Postby EnglndPatriots6 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:02 pm

fisher1095 wrote:Well, SFKK is just as bad, wouldn't you say?

How is SFKK horrible? it turns profit, aside from T2 the park is great, and the replacement ride back in the back section will make the park even better

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby monsterfan99 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:29 pm

Got a question for those that have been to SFKK. Is the park worth a visit over a 4th day at Universal Studios FL? We are thinking about stopping on the way down or back, but unsure of if it is worth it.

Thanks

Postby EnglndPatriots6 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:42 pm

It is worth it. The free waterpark is the seller. And take your own risk on T2. How T2 hasnt had a accident/injury yet is beyond me. Thunder Run is ok. It used to be better but they cut their budget for replacing the track and just did the drop, and about 3-5 other sections, which was all about 10-15 ft long each section so it barely changes anything.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby monsterfan99 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:44 pm

^ Forgot to mention we would not be hitting the water park at all. Unless you can ride the water coaster in your street clothes :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!