Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Elissa's Instincts Are Strong!

Postby steel » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:14 pm

It's so clear to me that this girl honestly doesn't understand how safe amuesement rides are. She has assumed that her accident reflects all rides. And the really sick thing about it is that the media will listen to her, because she's the victim, but not the parks, because they're the big, evil, company that's trying to destroy everything good and happy in the world. Has anyone ever seen a report about ride safety in which the quote from the park or park company was anything other than "safety is our number one concern"? Because I really don't think I have.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mechanic » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:17 pm

steel wrote:Has anyone ever seen a report about ride safety in which the quote from the park or park company was anything other than "safety is our number one concern"? Because I really don't think I have.

What else would you expect them to say? Maybe something like... "We do everything we can within the constraints of our budget and leave the rest up to God."? Because that's pretty much the truth, but you're never going to hear anyone from a park say it.

Postby steel » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:26 am

Uh, maybe that roller coasters are statistically safer than every major form of transportation, or that fewer people die every year at amusement parks than in the shower in the moring. I don't know. Something that actually illustrates how safe amusement parks are. It's good that they say that safety is the number one concern, but those are just words, not evidence.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby verticalzero » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:27 pm

Pic's of the cable
cable.jpg
cable2.jpg
"Roller coaster design is a science, as well as an art: a state of pure bliss".

--------------------------------------

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:27 pm

^ :omg:

Wow that is scary. Doesn't look like those cables had received any care in ages!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby tigerace81 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:06 pm

your right they haven't. i live in louisville and the maitenence crew said themselves that six flags doesn't require through matenince of the rides but does require basic stuff. and they also said the inspectors from the state who inspects the rides each year said they had an outdated handbook and the new one had a series of tests to check the cables strenght. but i love how they replaced the ride. its all filled in with dirt and trees.

This whole thing is turning out to be a theatrical mockery

Postby Loopy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:21 pm

ComplexAudio99 wrote:The button should've been pushed as SOON as she heard the noise and saw the cable. Better safe than sorry. Frankly, if I ran the park, if the operator on any non-coaster ride picks up the phone during a ride cycle, the ride should E-Stop automatically.

Funny thing about this statement is how many parks seriously discourage the employee's to ever hit e-stop. As a former ride-op, I remember hearing that if you hit e-stop when it is not necessary, you can be moved to another ride, written up, fired, ect. One moment of second guessing can make all the difference.

I am not surprised that her first instinct was to NOT hit e-stop.

I Love Bunnies

Postby Teacups Make Me Sick » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:29 pm

steel wrote:It's so clear to me that this girl honestly doesn't understand how safe amuesement rides are. She has assumed that her accident reflects all rides. And the really sick thing about it is that the media will listen to her, because she's the victim, but not the parks

Okay, I'm going to assume that you are young and don't really know what you are talking about.

If you are involved in a traumatic experience meaning, a life threatening situation that occurred very quickly, happened to you and you were completely helpless to do anything about it...I would assume that you would not be so nonchalant about that environment.

People that are involved in animal attacks, 9-11, etc usually change after that type of situation and have a very hard time coping with what happened to them.

Postby steel » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:07 am

First of all, I know what a traumatic experience is, you don't have to define it for me.
I will never say that she isn't allowed to be upset at SFKK or even SF in general. I am not very happy with them either. What I said is that she does not understand that SFKK's policies do not reflect those of other amusement parks and that this industry in general is one of the safest in the world.

I Love Bunnies

Postby Teacups Make Me Sick » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:59 am

Funny thing about this statement is how many parks seriously discourage the employee's to ever hit e-stop. As a former ride-op, I remember hearing that if you hit e-stop when it is not necessary, you can be moved to another ride, written up, fired, ect.

Steel...apparently, not as safe as we like to think.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!