Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby aaron88stang » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:05 am

Diamondbacker27 wrote:
aaron88stang wrote:It will make the park layout much better and make a lot more sense having the area around T3 open again. There are two awkward dead ends in 2014 that will not be there in 2015. I am excited to see the full announcement.

Agreed, I hope these are placed around T3. The coaster feels so awkward in the water park.

yeah, the back side of the park could use some "new hotness' All the new additions to the dry side were up front this year.

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:27 am

I'd assume with the Zepplin ride being moved further north of the park, they'd place one of the flats in its old spot. Plus, the drag strip's tracks were removed when I last saw them from Mile High Falls, so there's another spot!

So very happy so see a star flyer coming to the park. The one at the Kentucky State Fair was my favorite addition to the midway's lineup, so this taller version is sure to be a hit with families! It also adds to the park's skyline yet again! :b
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ratdogg68 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:03 am

I'm sure the Zepplins old spot will not be used til 2016 when Twisted Twins reopens. They will most likely use Dragsters old spot for Cyclos and put the SkyCatcher in the spot by Bounty, where the old Picnic/Haunted House used to be.
Let the Riding begin

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby aaron88stang » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:09 am

ratdogg68 wrote:I'm sure the Zepplins old spot will not be used til 2016 when Twisted Twins reopens. They will most likely use Dragsters old spot for Cyclos and put the SkyCatcher in the spot by Bounty, where the old Picnic/Haunted House used to be.

That sounds like a very good possibility.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby coasterchitchat » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:43 pm

I think Cyclops is the Zamperla Midi Discovery that spins you around 360 degrees (like Luna 360.) Is the swing ride from Zamperla or ARM?
Vekoma is English means, "We don't have the budget for a B&M so let's just order a Vekoma."

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby lilsam1993 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:00 pm

The park map has been updated. Skycatcher will be placed behind the picnic area. Cyclos will be placed behind Professor John's Flying machine.

http://www.kentuckykingdom.com/park-info/park-map/

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby TheSkysTheLimit » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:32 pm

Its good to see Kentucky Kingdom making the best use out of the space they got considering it's a small park.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ratdogg68 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:38 pm

lilsam1993 wrote:The park map has been updated. Skycatcher will be placed behind the picnic area. Cyclos will be placed behind Professor John's Flying machine.

I don't see a map
Let the Riding begin

I go to furry parties, I'm probably a brony too...

Postby tarheel1231 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:40 pm

ratdogg68 wrote:
lilsam1993 wrote:The park map has been updated. Skycatcher will be placed behind the picnic area. Cyclos will be placed behind Professor John's Flying machine.

I don't see a map

Same, it won't load.
I'm done.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Thunder_Run » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:42 pm

For those who cannot see the newest park map linked on the last page (probably a majority of you, the image is ridiculously huge, it took around three minutes to load for me), I've created an image showing where Skycatcher probably will go based on both the map and an aerial from Bing Maps. It seems it may be reusing the old go-karts queue, which I've indicated with some blue lines.
SkycatcherLoc.jpg
Estimated ride pad location marked by teal circle with red circle inside. Note the former go kart's currently unused queue.
Last edited by Thunder_Run on Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:55 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!