Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 18 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby lbeeler » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:48 am

kentuckycc wrote:
mdwarn01 wrote:I'm not sure if they'll try to brand Enterprise as new or not, but we're forgetting about the water park. Best to expect at least one new attraction there and hopefully decent new flat or two.

And not to sound like I heard it from the Dippin' Dots guy but a few people I know who work at the park have mentioned that Ed Hart was considering playing with the budget and moving some projects scheduled for later years around to try and compete with the Thunderbird announcement.

Oh wow that would be amazing. Thunderbird looks alright. I was a little disappointed in it, it's just a little underwhelming to me. I'm looking forward to seeing more B&M launches in the future now! Also looking at what RMC is doing with twisted colossus, I'm HYPED about what could be coming to the twins! They already have a more interesting footprint, so if the rumors for it are true, it will be a huge win for KK. I don't expect to see a RMC at holiday world or kings island in foreseeable future.

i hope the name doesnt start with IRON :| :| :|
My Top 5 Coasters 1. Millennium force 2. Storm Chaser 3. Banshee 4. Top Thrill Dragster 5. Voyage

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:50 am

lbeeler wrote:
kentuckycc wrote:
mdwarn01 wrote:I'm not sure if they'll try to brand Enterprise as new or not, but we're forgetting about the water park. Best to expect at least one new attraction there and hopefully decent new flat or two.

And not to sound like I heard it from the Dippin' Dots guy but a few people I know who work at the park have mentioned that Ed Hart was considering playing with the budget and moving some projects scheduled for later years around to try and compete with the Thunderbird announcement.

Oh wow that would be amazing. Thunderbird looks alright. I was a little disappointed in it, it's just a little underwhelming to me. I'm looking forward to seeing more B&M launches in the future now! Also looking at what RMC is doing with twisted colossus, I'm HYPED about what could be coming to the twins! They already have a more interesting footprint, so if the rumors for it are true, it will be a huge win for KK. I don't expect to see a RMC at holiday world or kings island in foreseeable future.

i hope the name doesnt start with IRON :| :| :|

I wouldn't care if it did, I'm getting a wing rider so close to me. Now it would be a dream come true if KK got an RMC. :lover:
"Iron Twins, coming in 2016!"
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:27 pm

I'm sure they'll come up with something other than what Six Flags has done... I hope. They level'ed-up T-square to T-Cubed (remember, its original name was Terror to the Second Power). Maybe this'll become a next level Twisted Sist... er, Twisted Twins!
Warped Twins? Even More Twisted Twins? Twisted Twins' Revenge? Twisted-Twisted Twins?
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:10 pm

Midgetman82 wrote:I'm sure they'll come up with something other than what Six Flags has done... I hope. They level'ed-up T-square to T-Cubed (remember, its original name was Terror to the Second Power). Maybe this'll become a next level Twisted Sist... er, Twisted Twins!
Warped Twins? Even More Twisted Twins? Twisted Twins' Revenge? Twisted-Twisted Twins?

New Double Trouble?
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby aaron88stang » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:00 pm

I just got en email from the park that lists 2015 new attractions as T3, Enterprise, Raging Rapids and two unnamed "family thrill rides". That's 5. I would assume attraction number 6 will be the amphitheater.

I go to furry parties, I'm probably a brony too...

Postby tarheel1231 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:35 pm

Is T3 getting a new color scheme?
I'm done.

My favorite roller coaster is dumb.

Postby DarienLaker » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:59 pm

tarheel1231 wrote:Is T3 getting a new color scheme?

I'm going to take a wild guess for T3's new color scheme, a gray track with red supports or vice versa!
Nobody knows a lot about Darien Lake like me! ;)

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:17 pm

My KK wish list- :lover:

RMC- With a height of at least 100' , two or more inversions. And a whole bunch of Airtime.

B&M- Maybe a floorless, flyer, or launched.

Intamin- One good Intamin coaster would fit in Kentucky Kingdom perfectly. A coaster similar to Maverick would be amazing.

Landscaping- A whole bunch of plant life does a park good. Get a huge variety and bushel them up in certain areas of the part.

Drop Tower- Yes, the park has a Larson tower. But, I would love to see something like the old Superman or an S&S launch tower come in.

Free pop- KK needs free pop, IMO. It's what gets a lot of people to Holiday World.

Expansion- I know the land is owned by the fair board. But KK could really use a little expansion space.
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Myself » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:41 pm

I'm kind of surprised they used the Road Runner Express pad for a flat ride of all things. There's a large open space behind Professor John's Flying Machines that is virtually inaccessible now. For my wish list, I'd move the Flying Machines over so as to be inside the helix of Lightning Run (which is just begging to have some sort of ride put there eventually!) and add a coaster in its spot. I imagine a spinning coaster would do KK well, such as a Maurer ride like Steel Dragon/Laff Trakk/Undertow. I'm also interested to see if Ed Hart intends to reopen the Top Eliminator Dragsters, or replace them. I certainly like what Lagoon did to replace theirs! ;)

I'm not sure how feasible such additions would be... I've never been to Kentucky Kingdom, but I'm hoping I can change that in the coming years!

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:43 pm

A bit off topic, but do you know how Thunder Run is usually a very tricky coaster to get a good photograph of? Well, when I last descended the stairs of Mile High's viewing platform 5 days ago, I looked forward and noticed that there was an opening revealing a sweet spot for Thunder Run's first airtime hill. I'm just now going through my camera's memory card and almost forgot about these shots. I felt a bit accomplished since I didn't have any good photos of the coaster until then!
IMG_5196(Edited)(800x).jpg
Front of train
IMG_5197(Edited)(800x).jpg
A bit more hairtime in this pic!
IMG_5198(Edited)(800x).jpg
Back of train
Last edited by Midgetman82 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:40 pm.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!