Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby kentuckycc » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:08 pm

Since a lot of parks are gearing up for 2015 announcements, what are everyones thoughts about what were going to see/want to see with the park next year?

I would like a new show or two instead of the seals (just to mix it up; the seals were awesome!) and a new 5D movie. Maybe they could have a daily show in the amphitheater, since they're supposed to bring that back. Enterprise *should* come back next year (fingers crossed because its one of the best flat rides around). The river rapids ride was good from what I remember. I know I got VERY wet on it, and the sewer theme was cool. IDK if they're going in a different direction with it, but the loading station is obviously a water works building, so I don't really get how they're going to change it to a river ride.

T3 will obviously be the big star. I hope they give it a cool two tone paint job (black with red rails would look great IMO). It was a pretty rough ride, but I've heard good things about the new trains, so I've got hopes. I think Vekoma SLCs have a cool layout.

What else could they have up their sleeves? Maybe a new flat? Something eventually has to replace the drag racers. I'd love to see one of those Delirium rides that makes a full circle, or maybe a new midway with some new games, food and a smaller flat ride or two (wishful thinking I know!)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ratdogg68 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:18 am

They are selling their 2015 Season Passes for $ 59.00 until the end of September and it states they will have 6 new attractions next year. We already know of 3 things for next year T3, Raging Rapids and the Amphitheater, wonder what the other 3 will be? They said the Sea Lions will be back for next year.
Let the Riding begin

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby MrManGuy16 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:13 am

ratdogg68 wrote:They are selling their 2015 Season Passes for $ 59.00 until the end of September and it states they will have 6 new attractions next year. We already know of 3 things for next year T3, Raging Rapids and the Amphitheater, wonder what the other 3 will be? They said the Sea Lions will be back for next year.

I assume the fourth one will be the enterprise. The fifth and sixth attractions are still up in the air - it could be anything from two new flat rides to a new movie in the 5D Theater and something else.

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Re:

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:10 am

sfkk339 wrote:^Well SFKK will be expanding, may not expand with rides but it will expand. SFKK will be around for a long time to come.

Sorry, I was back a few hundred pages and found this funny :lol:
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ratdogg68 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:08 am

MrManGuy16 wrote:
ratdogg68 wrote:They are selling their 2015 Season Passes for $ 59.00 until the end of September and it states they will have 6 new attractions next year. We already know of 3 things for next year T3, Raging Rapids and the Amphitheater, wonder what the other 3 will be? They said the Sea Lions will be back for next year.

I assume the fourth one will be the enterprise. The fifth and sixth attractions are still up in the air - it could be anything from two new flat rides to a new movie in the 5D Theater and something else.

Forgot about the Enterprise, guess that will be the fourth.
Let the Riding begin

Postby kentuckycc » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:12 pm

MrManGuy16 wrote:

I'm hoping for a new flat ride, I'm not holing my breath, but I'd love to see one. Something eventually has to be done with the back half of the park. It's kind of a mess now. Not just from being closed, but also from the drag racers sitting empty for like 15 years now. Hopefully they'll fix it up off season in preparation for the twins opening back up in 2016.

I'd like to see it go somewhere in the back near the falls. That way it could be seen from Crittenden Drive. The Drag racers take up quite a bit of room. A lot could be done in that area.

At the very least, they could run more exciting programs on breakdance and the flying scooters :\
Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 3.00.47 PM.png

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:45 pm

The flying scooters are alright (considering the amount of creaking it does that always freaks me out whenever I ride it :omg: ). But yes, not only have faster running programs for Breakdance, but also loosen some of the carriages to allow more spinning. Some barely spin at all, and it makes for a very tame ride. I remember it used to be so much more wild.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby mdwarn01 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:36 pm

I'm not sure if they'll try to brand Enterprise as new or not, but we're forgetting about the water park. Best to expect at least one new attraction there and hopefully decent new flat or two.

And not to sound like I heard it from the Dippin' Dots guy but a few people I know who work at the park have mentioned that Ed Hart was considering playing with the budget and moving some projects scheduled for later years around to try and compete with the Thunderbird announcement.
Raptor|Banshee|Maverick|Tatsu|Lightning Run|Incredible Hulk|Flight of Fear (KI)|Intimidator 305|The Beast|Thunderbird
Wishlist: Skyrush, El Toro, Nemesis, Smiler, Alpengeist, Griffon, Leviathan, Fury 325, Steel Vengeance, Lightning Rod

Postby kentuckycc » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:53 pm

mdwarn01 wrote:I'm not sure if they'll try to brand Enterprise as new or not, but we're forgetting about the water park. Best to expect at least one new attraction there and hopefully decent new flat or two.

And not to sound like I heard it from the Dippin' Dots guy but a few people I know who work at the park have mentioned that Ed Hart was considering playing with the budget and moving some projects scheduled for later years around to try and compete with the Thunderbird announcement.

Oh wow that would be amazing. Thunderbird looks alright. I was a little disappointed in it, it's just a little underwhelming to me. I'm looking forward to seeing more B&M launches in the future now! Also looking at what RMC is doing with twisted colossus, I'm HYPED about what could be coming to the twins! They already have a more interesting footprint, so if the rumors for it are true, it will be a huge win for KK. I don't expect to see a RMC at holiday world or kings island in foreseeable future.

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:47 am

mdwarn01 wrote:I'm not sure if they'll try to brand Enterprise as new or not, but we're forgetting about the water park. Best to expect at least one new attraction there and hopefully decent new flat or two.

That's great!
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!