Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:58 pm

lilsam1993 wrote:In 1998, Kentucky Kingdom's attendance was 1.3 million. If Ed had never given the place to Priemer Park, I believe that Kentucky Kingdom would possibly be making 2 to 2.5 million guest annually. Kings Island makes 3 million a year.

Based on the constraints of the location (which includes population of the market, inability to expand borders and height restrictions) the growth that you believe would have occured was not going to happen.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby lilsam1993 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:10 pm

The park has alot of land to expand, and a pretty decent amount of land the Six Flags didn't use. The parks height limit vary. At the front of the park theres a limit of what everyone believes it 200ft. Go towards Thunder Run and Twisted twins it vary from 100-70 feet.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby DOCTOR DOOM!!! » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:38 pm

^ I believe the limit is 180ft. Which includes a parallel area where Hellevator, Greezed Lightnin', Giant wheel and Chang sits/sat. Also there was a LOT of unused land behind Chang/T2!
Life is such a effin rollercoaster then it drops,
But why should I scream for, this is my theme park!

Postby larrygator » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:49 pm

lilsam1993 wrote:The park has alot of land to expand, and a pretty decent amount of land the Six Flags didn't use. The parks height limit vary. At the front of the park theres a limit of what everyone believes it 200ft. Go towards Thunder Run and Twisted twins it vary from 100-70 feet.

I knew the open land was there but I did not realize the park could expand onto that land. Where did you obtain that info or is it just speculaton that the land could be used? Is that land owned by the Fair Board, also?

Postby lilsam1993 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:19 pm

larrygator wrote:
lilsam1993 wrote:The park has alot of land to expand, and a pretty decent amount of land the Six Flags didn't use. The parks height limit vary. At the front of the park theres a limit of what everyone believes it 200ft. Go towards Thunder Run and Twisted twins it vary from 100-70 feet.

I knew the open land was there but I did not realize the park could expand onto that land. Where did you obtain that info or is it just speculaton that the land could be used? Is that land owned by the Fair Board, also?

Scroll down to the date 1/31/11
http://screamscape.com/html/kentucky_kingdom.htm

DOCTOR DOOM!!! wrote:^ I believe the limit is 180ft. Which includes a parallel area where Hellevator, Greezed Lightnin', Giant wheel and Chang sits/sat. Also there was a LOT of unused land behind Chang/T2!

The limit doesn't stop there. That was just speculated because that was the height of the Sky Coaster model that was at the park.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby DOCTOR DOOM!!! » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:30 pm

^^ My source is a former supervisor (six flags era) has told me something similar to this... However he did tell me the limit was 180, not 200. He also told me the limit went down towards thunder run/ twisted twins area. And he did tell me that the land behind Chang/T2 was Kentucky Kingdoms to expand upon. I think there's a map of who owns what land somewhere is this forum. However I think the fair board now owns the land that was previously owned by Kentucky Kingdom/Six Flags as part of the deal for Six Flags getting out of the lease.
Life is such a effin rollercoaster then it drops,
But why should I scream for, this is my theme park!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:44 am

Lets not forget that you can grow the park not just by making it bigger, but by removing older attractions or building rides on top of each other. Do I think that KK would have gotten 2.5 million by now? No, but I think they would have been able to sustain the 1.8 Million figure and hold it.... and that's the goal, to sustain the attendance. KI and CP have been doing it for years with the exception of 2009 when the market was trying to survive.

Postby larrygator » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:00 am

^^I forgot that Six Flags actually owned some of the land, but I did not know who that land was sold to or if it was available for expansion. I thought the land they owned had already been incorporated in the park boundaries.

And thanks for confirmation on the height limit, I knew it wasn't too high.

I still don't see how this park would have achieved 1.5 million annual guests if it was never sold by Ed Hart.
Last edited by larrygator on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:05 am.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby coastermark » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:22 pm

The height limit for the park was 200ft. That is why the slingshot was were it was. The skycoaster was 182ft tall. There are several acres that will be available for the park to expand into. I was a supervisor at the park, there is alot of places that can have things added. You have to be creative when it comes to ride placement. The area where Twisted Twins is the height limit was 80ft. That is when the twins were 75ft tall. The height limits were set by the FAA. I do not post most of the time because of working at the park, we were under strict rules. I felt that I needed to give out the correct information when it comes to the kingdom.

Mark

Postby lilsam1993 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:26 pm

larrygator wrote:^^I forgot that Six Flags actually owned some of the land, but I did not know who that land was sold to or if it was available for expansion. I thought the land they owned had already been incorporated in the park boundaries.

And thanks for confirmation on the height limit, I knew it wasn't too high.

I still don't see how this park would have achieved 1.5 million annual guests if it was never sold by Ed Hart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MEpeyqjV1Y&list=UUk1taap69mTKEt_vVliwkCA&index=5

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!