Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!

Re: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby Wes » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:49 pm

^ Win.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby gforce1994 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:13 pm

Opening odds set by Vegas.
1-1 for Park to remain close.
1 - ???????? for park to open
Top Coasters in America:
1. Bizarro 2. El Toro 3. Beast
4. Former Son of Beast (No Joke- if you got the right seat!)
5. New Texas Giant

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby ArundelHigh Coasters » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Even if Hart does re-open the park, don't you guys think it will be hard to keep it over the years? He's investing in a lot to re-open the park, and to install a new roller coaster which I'm guessing would possibly replace Chang. Over the years, he will still need a lot of money to keep the park operating well. Do you think that the park will be as good as it was when it was still a tourist attraction?, or will it go back to the way it was from 2006-2009?
Life is the most thrilling roller coaster in the world. Everyone rides life.
Like a Vekoma, life isn't always great. Life is the longest, slowest, and fastest coaster in the world.
Like any coaster, life has it's up's and downs. Ride life to the fullest every day, because you don't know when it'll be taken.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby lilsam1993 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:48 am

ArundelHigh Coasters wrote:Even if Hart does re-open the park, don't you guys think it will be hard to keep it over the years? He's investing in a lot to re-open the park, and to install a new roller coaster which I'm guessing would possibly replace Chang. Over the years, he will still need a lot of money to keep the park operating well. Do you think that the park will be as good as it was when it was still a tourist attraction?, or will it go back to the way it was from 2006-2009?

Did he have any problems with Magic Springs?

Also, Ed Hart's investment group includes very wealthy BIG TIME people. One of the investors was willing to put up 20 million (I believe that's the correct amount) before the first deal with the fairboard had came to a failed with Mr. Hart.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:30 pm

I'm going to the heavy duty truck show in Louisville in March for work which is at the convention center next door. Sure wish I could skip out a bit early and get a tour of the closed park and get some cool photos!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby 11slataus » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:58 pm

ArundelHigh Coasters wrote:Even if Hart does re-open the park, don't you guys think it will be hard to keep it over the years? He's investing in a lot to re-open the park, and to install a new roller coaster which I'm guessing would possibly replace Chang. Over the years, he will still need a lot of money to keep the park operating well. Do you think that the park will be as good as it was when it was still a tourist attraction?, or will it go back to the way it was from 2006-2009?

Even if it goes back to the way it was in the last few years, it really wouldn't be THAT bad. I went in 2009, and with the exception of Twisted Twins being infuriatingly SBNO, I had a great time at the park. The coaster selection is pretty good and Deluge is excellent, but the lack of people was very evident in '09.

I do think Ed Hart has a good plan though, add to the waterpark and a new Chang replacement. However, with the waterpark taking up Chang's spot, I'm not sure where the new coaster could go. Honestly, I'm wondering if any of the coasters are still operable, as the woodies and Greezed Lightnin' can't have held up well. That would make T2 and Roller Skater the only remaining coasters. Yikes. I'd also like to add that a replacement for the drop tower would be highly appreciated. It's spot was well-camoflaged when I went, but it was obvious there was a space there, and it's right at the park entrance.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Location: Houston TX Former Astroworld since 1999, then Kemah Boardwalk

Postby historyfreak92 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:10 pm

On NewsPlusNotes, I heard that they are keeping the two Woodies, having a lot of money spent on Renovating the Greezed Lightnin, Building an B&M Floorless Dive, & an Family Wooden Coaster like Wooden Warrior, sincerely I hope this park will reopen, not like Circus World/Boardwalk And Baseball!

Postby ArundelHigh Coasters » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:21 pm

11slataus wrote:

I do think Ed Hart has a good plan though, add to the waterpark and a new Chang replacement. However, with the waterpark taking up Chang's spot, I'm not sure where the new coaster could go.

If they don't want to use Chang's old spot for the water-park, I don't think they have to. I looked on Google maps the other day, and it seems Chang's footers are still there today. Nothing for the water park expansion was ever built, and the spot can be still used for a new coaster if they want. I would also like to see a Tower of Power replacement, they could possibly put a ride similar to SkyScreamer there.

I really want this park to re-open, it seemed like an awesome little park. Hart really loves that place. If they do re-open it, I will make sure I visit the park. It would be really cool if they added a B&M dive machine, that would bring life back to the park. As much as I would to see this park re-open, sometimes I just lose hope, because this has been going on since 2010. If they really try hard enough, they can make it as good as Dollywood IMO. SF looks like they did a decent job with KK too, to me it looks like the fair board was being a dick.
Last edited by ArundelHigh Coasters on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:28 pm.
Like a Vekoma, life isn't always great. Life is the longest, slowest, and fastest coaster in the world.
Like any coaster, life has it's up's and downs. Ride life to the fullest every day, because you don't know when it'll be taken.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Location: Houston TX Former Astroworld since 1999, then Kemah Boardwalk

Postby historyfreak92 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:26 pm

If this park ever gets opened, Kentucky will never suck as it did in 2009!

As a matter of fact, I'm in Houston being frickin screwed over Earthquest for nothing!

Postby ArundelHigh Coasters » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:34 pm

historyfreak92 wrote:
As a matter of fact, I'm in Houston being frickin screwed over Earthquest for nothing!

That sucks :P. IMO, SFKK didn't really seem like they sucked in 09', it just seemed like it wasn't living to it's full potential. Even though the former signature coaster at the park was planned to be removed for a waterpark expansion, there was probably a good reason behind it. Maybe Kentuckyer's are more fond of water parks than roller coasters. Maybe SF was going to add a newer coaster in a different location in the future. SFI wouldn't do something that would be bad for business. Sure, if everyone was enthusiast, then they would be pretty screwed, but with most of the world being GP, they probably made the decision based on that.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!