Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:24 am

I can't believe it's even still a thought that this park will 'return to glory' or whatever! I think it's time we just let it go.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby mikeykaise » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:57 am

I have to agree Elissa. I think its been forgotten about for too long and will never be the same. It will never be able to compete with Holiday World or Kings Island but it is at least nice to see someone willing to take it on since it provides many teens not only a good summer time job but also a good place to hang out. My question is why Ed Hart even sold it in the first place after all the work he had done and turned it around and it was becoming a pretty well known regional park and if he takes it over again will he do the same thing and then who ever buys it will they not keep improving it and strip rides from it all over again.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:29 am

^I'm sure part of his motivation is that he regrets selling the park to Six Flags. But, that fat cash was to much to resist at the time.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby dj snow » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:01 am

I think the park was more or less out of cash when they sold to Premier Parks. As I recall, much of the transaction was assumption of debt, rather than a cash payment to the owners.

For what it's worth, Ed Hart purchased Chang himself, and then leased it to the park.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:48 pm

^That certainly adds more fuel to the fire as to why the fair board wouldn't want to deal with Ed Hart. If he was going broke operating the park a first time, what is going to make this time around any different?

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Arrow Dynamics fan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:47 pm

Jew wrote:^That certainly adds more fuel to the fire as to why the fair board wouldn't want to deal with Ed Hart. If he was going broke operating the park a first time, what is going to make this time around any different?

Not to mention the fact that Ed Hart never seems to keep his parks for very long before he sells them again. He didn't hold onto Magic Springs for very long either. His strategy seems to be adding quantity attractions instead of quality. You don't need 5-7 coasters to be credible, you need 3 great ones chosen carefully (and not necessarily always expensive ones either, just not clones).
Nothing is definite until Six Flags officially announces it. Just like the purchase of my season pass and season parking. Not to be taken for granted.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby mikeykaise » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Arrow Dynamics fan wrote:
Jew wrote:^That certainly adds more fuel to the fire as to why the fair board wouldn't want to deal with Ed Hart. If he was going broke operating the park a first time, what is going to make this time around any different?

Not to mention the fact that Ed Hart never seems to keep his parks for very long before he sells them again. He didn't hold onto Magic Springs for very long either. His strategy seems to be adding quantity attractions instead of quality. You don't need 5-7 coasters to be credible, you need 3 great ones chosen carefully (and not necessarily always expensive ones either, just not clones).

So very true. The best parks in my opinion are the family owned or parks that have been around for more than 50 years but they still manage to stay profitable and families manage to have fun and keep coming back for more.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby IronWolfman » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:04 pm

Arrow Dynamics fan wrote:
Jew wrote: you need 3 great ones chosen carefully (and not necessarily always expensive ones either, just not clones).

Something tells my by 3 great ones, you mean Holiday World, because there awesome =)

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:51 am

^I don't think that's what he means. In fact, I disagree with the whole three wooden coasters is a great idea in a park thing. Holiday World does well because of many things. They only do well with Enthusiasts because of the three wooden coasters. I can't tell you how many times I was at a hotel near that park and would hear the GP bitching that they'd rather go to SFKK cause 'they got loops and metal coasters'.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:27 pm

I can't believe they are still trying after all this time. I never visited the park, and would love to have gotten the credits, but I think they should just sell what they can, if it's not too late.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!