Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 33473
Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Location: Swimming in the Ocean
Gender: Female
Age: 38

Re: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:24 am

I can't believe it's even still a thought that this park will 'return to glory' or whatever! I think it's time we just let it go.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"
User avatar
 
Posts: 493
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Location: Louisville, KY
Gender: Male
Age: 46

Re: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby mikeykaise » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:57 am

I have to agree Elissa. I think its been forgotten about for too long and will never be the same. It will never be able to compete with Holiday World or Kings Island but it is at least nice to see someone willing to take it on since it provides many teens not only a good summer time job but also a good place to hang out. My question is why Ed Hart even sold it in the first place after all the work he had done and turned it around and it was becoming a pretty well known regional park and if he takes it over again will he do the same thing and then who ever buys it will they not keep improving it and strip rides from it all over again.
Image

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 9100
Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Location: Knoxville, TN
Gender: Male
Age: 40

Re: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby ernierocker » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:29 am

^I'm sure part of his motivation is that he regrets selling the park to Six Flags. But, that fat cash was to much to resist at the time.
Image

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”
User avatar
 
Posts: 342
Joined: 10 Dec 2005
Location: The SOUTH
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby dj snow » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:01 am

I think the park was more or less out of cash when they sold to Premier Parks. As I recall, much of the transaction was assumption of debt, rather than a cash payment to the owners.

For what it's worth, Ed Hart purchased Chang himself, and then leased it to the park.
Image

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"
User avatar
 
Posts: 10785
Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Location: Northridge, CA
Gender: Male
Age: 33

Re: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:48 pm

^That certainly adds more fuel to the fire as to why the fair board wouldn't want to deal with Ed Hart. If he was going broke operating the park a first time, what is going to make this time around any different?
Image

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!
 
Posts: 176
Joined: 28 Jul 2012
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby Arrow Dynamics fan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:47 pm

Jew wrote:^That certainly adds more fuel to the fire as to why the fair board wouldn't want to deal with Ed Hart. If he was going broke operating the park a first time, what is going to make this time around any different?

Not to mention the fact that Ed Hart never seems to keep his parks for very long before he sells them again. He didn't hold onto Magic Springs for very long either. His strategy seems to be adding quantity attractions instead of quality. You don't need 5-7 coasters to be credible, you need 3 great ones chosen carefully (and not necessarily always expensive ones either, just not clones).
Nothing is definite until Six Flags officially announces it. Just like the purchase of my season pass and season parking. Not to be taken for granted.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"
User avatar
 
Posts: 493
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Location: Louisville, KY
Gender: Male
Age: 46

Re: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby mikeykaise » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Arrow Dynamics fan wrote:
Jew wrote:^That certainly adds more fuel to the fire as to why the fair board wouldn't want to deal with Ed Hart. If he was going broke operating the park a first time, what is going to make this time around any different?

Not to mention the fact that Ed Hart never seems to keep his parks for very long before he sells them again. He didn't hold onto Magic Springs for very long either. His strategy seems to be adding quantity attractions instead of quality. You don't need 5-7 coasters to be credible, you need 3 great ones chosen carefully (and not necessarily always expensive ones either, just not clones).


So very true. The best parks in my opinion are the family owned or parks that have been around for more than 50 years but they still manage to stay profitable and families manage to have fun and keep coming back for more.
Image

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 633
Joined: 09 May 2012
Location: Mid-CO
Gender: Male
Age: 21

Re: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby IronWolfman » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:04 pm

Arrow Dynamics fan wrote:
Jew wrote: you need 3 great ones chosen carefully (and not necessarily always expensive ones either, just not clones).


Something tells my by 3 great ones, you mean Holiday World, because there awesome =)

Site Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 33473
Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Location: Swimming in the Ocean
Gender: Female
Age: 38

Re: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:51 am

^I don't think that's what he means. In fact, I disagree with the whole three wooden coasters is a great idea in a park thing. Holiday World does well because of many things. They only do well with Enthusiasts because of the three wooden coasters. I can't tell you how many times I was at a hotel near that park and would hear the GP bitching that they'd rather go to SFKK cause 'they got loops and metal coasters'.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6667
Joined: 01 Dec 2005
Location: Reno, NV
Gender: Male
Age: 40

Re: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby jray21 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:27 pm

I can't believe they are still trying after all this time. I never visited the park, and would love to have gotten the credits, but I think they should just sell what they can, if it's not too late.
Image
Image

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron