Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 982 - Park reopening 6/29
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterLover » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:49 pm

It leaves the question as to what happens now? Six Flags abandoned the property due to issues with the fair board, Ed Hart abandoned the property due to issues with the fair board, and now the Koch's abandoned the property due to issues with the fair board. Every month that goes by the park continues to deteriorate, which is sad given the fact that there are certainly some attractions on the property that would be of value and could easily be used (either in their current location or a new location). I have to wonder if they have a timeline on how much longer they'll wait to find a new operator before liquidating the park or if they plan to just let the park continue to rot until the only thing left is to pave over the property (or film a new Scooby Doo movie there)...

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:15 pm

Well, I heard the manager (or boss, or the head hauncho at the top) is going to be managing the KFC YUM basketball center downtown (God do I hate that name). Article: bizjournals.com

Maybe someone new will spring up and completely overhaul the Fair Board, like what happened with Cedar Fair... I seriously hope something like that happens, because the Fairboard seemes screwed up as it is.

Again, I still don't really see the park opening at all any time in the future.

OCJ48 wrote:"This theme park project failed after the second interested party left the table due to poor local governmental choices and a general state of disrepair."
Yeah, that sums it up pretty well.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Flickr | YouTube | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Well the good news is “Greeezed L:ightnin” (I would assume) is now up for sale at rock bottom prices. Anyone know of a small park owner who might be interested?
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING
New Season, New Posts, New Logo...Old Stuff!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Spideyfreak » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:47 pm

montezooma wrote:Well the good news is “Greeezed L:ightnin” (I would assume) is now up for sale at rock bottom prices. Anyone know of a small park owner who might be interested?

Well, it certainly is colorful enough to fit into a certain water park in Utah... ;)

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:19 pm

montezooma wrote:Well the good news is “Greeezed Liightnin” (I would assume) is now up for sale at rock bottom prices. Anyone know of a small park owner who might be interested?

How 'bout we buy the land, and you buy the coaster? ;-)

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simaticable » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:43 pm

I bet RD would find the place for it.
Schwarzkopf was a genius; anything less makes you a moron. ;)

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:50 pm

Chittlins wrote:This remends me of a previous fair board that couldn't get anything right. The Mid South Fair and Libertyland. It's now a tailgating spot for a team that's horrible.

Don't forget the Tulsa State Fair Board. Fair Boards and amusement parks just don't mix anymore. Sad since it's such a win-win when things are actually done right. They've thrown millions in annual tax earnings down the drain from this poor management. Shame no one is paying attention.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Chittlins » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:41 am

Shavethewhales wrote:
Chittlins wrote:This remends me of a previous fair board that couldn't get anything right. The Mid South Fair and Libertyland. It's now a tailgating spot for a team that's horrible.

Don't forget the Tulsa State Fair Board. Fair Boards and amusement parks just don't mix anymore. Sad since it's such a win-win when things are actually done right. They've thrown millions in annual tax earnings down the drain from this poor management. Shame no one is paying attention.

Tulsa is another.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:32 pm

Buying Greezed Lightnin' will be the easy part. Getting it to run again is a whole different story.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Isn't this Greezed Lightnin' also one of the older weight drop models? That would make restoring it even trickier than if it was a flywheel launch...
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!